Thread: General "rebuilt" title question.

General "rebuilt" title question.

Ran into a guy tonight that's selling a few bikes. At first I was interested in one of them but both showed up on my radar when he threw out some numbers. Turns out that both bikes are sitting on NY "rebuilt" titles.

I have spent a little time poking around the web but couldn't find a direct answer to my question.... I have never heard of a rebuilt title in Colorado, only a salvaged. So, what's the difference? Are they the same? Does a rebuilt thats ultimately titled in Colorado turn into a salvage? If not is a rebuilt considered the same as a salvage?

Lots of questions I know. But I'm trying to figure out if its worth the deal now or at all.

Last thing. These were bikes bought from insurance companies. Cosmetic damage and were fixed up.

Ultimately I'm wondering if anyone can explain the difference between "repaired" and "salvaged" and if the two are different (which I'm assuming they are -one needs state inspection to regain road worthiness) than are they insured the same in Colorado (same premiums) and what's the %off nada kbb pricing for purchase and resale?

Shit that's a lot of questions! I feel like I have a pretty good understanding of salvaged purchases and whatnot but the "rebuilt" branding is throwing me off.

As always thanks!
    Last edited by Ezzzzy1; Tue Apr 29th, 2014 at 12:35 AM.
    Mo-Door.com - Contact me for CSC pricing

Mo-Door on: Twitter Facebook

Re: General "rebuilt" title question.

I can't help with the rebuilt title thing, but what initially crosses my mind is Hurricane Sandy from NY/NJ. When I lived in KC, tons of "great deals" on cars started showing up all over the area. It was merely a coincidence that all of these "great deals" showed up within months of Katrina and came from areas affected by Katrina.

Jason
    07 600RR
    07 Speed Triple -[COLOR=rgb(255,0,0)] [/COLOR]GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN[COLOR=rgb(255,0,0)][/COLOR]

I think this guy is a pretty straight shooter... Famous last words, right?

He has before pics. Seems like both bikes were involved in slow lowsides that broke a few things. They were fixed and now are being sold. His reasoning behind the NY to CO move was that right now is not a great time to sell in NY (still snow).

Im not sure that I am questioning the bikes but more the title.
    Mo-Door.com - Contact me for CSC pricing

Mo-Door on: Twitter Facebook

Could these bikes be the ones involved with the range rover debacle?

In Colorado, you can't license or insure a vehicle on a Salvage title that was issued after July 1, 2009, nor can you sell such as a motor vehicle (transfer or assign the title) unless you are a licensed dealer. A Rebuilt title is issued upon inspection by a Certified VIN inspector and proof of repair (receipts for professional repairs, or receipts for parts and before and after detailed photos). The frame must be permanently stamped with the words "Rebuilt from salvage" in letters at least 1/4 inch high as close as is practical to the VIN number.
    Thanks, Jim
    TFOG Wheelsports, LLC
    www.tfogracing.com
    303-216-2400

Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented immigrant" is like calling a drug dealer an "undocumented pharmacist"

Interesting. I did not know about the 2009 change.
    I've got more flavor than a packet of macaroni.

Jim is right. I found a really near car that was salvaged because the motor was blowed up. Bought the car, put a new engine in it, and had to stamp Rebuilt From Salvage right near the VIN number. Had CSP inspect it and all was good again. Actually not a very difficult process even.