Thread: General "rebuilt" title question.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

General "rebuilt" title question.

Ran into a guy tonight that's selling a few bikes. At first I was interested in one of them but both showed up on my radar when he threw out some numbers. Turns out that both bikes are sitting on NY "rebuilt" titles.

I have spent a little time poking around the web but couldn't find a direct answer to my question.... I have never heard of a rebuilt title in Colorado, only a salvaged. So, what's the difference? Are they the same? Does a rebuilt thats ultimately titled in Colorado turn into a salvage? If not is a rebuilt considered the same as a salvage?

Lots of questions I know. But I'm trying to figure out if its worth the deal now or at all.

Last thing. These were bikes bought from insurance companies. Cosmetic damage and were fixed up.

Ultimately I'm wondering if anyone can explain the difference between "repaired" and "salvaged" and if the two are different (which I'm assuming they are -one needs state inspection to regain road worthiness) than are they insured the same in Colorado (same premiums) and what's the %off nada kbb pricing for purchase and resale?

Shit that's a lot of questions! I feel like I have a pretty good understanding of salvaged purchases and whatnot but the "rebuilt" branding is throwing me off.

As always thanks!
    Last edited by Ezzzzy1; Tue Apr 29th, 2014 at 12:35 AM.
    Mo-Door.com - Contact me for CSC pricing

Mo-Door on: Twitter Facebook