Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015-10-01 tragedy unfolding in Roseburg OR

Business in the front, party in the back! CYCLE_MONKEY's Avatar
    The white section of Aurora (Tallyn's Reach)

2015-10-01 tragedy unfolding in Roseburg OR

WTF is wrong with people???? Like shooting a bunch of innocent, unarmed moviegoers or students makes them some kind of a bada$$/hero???
    http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/10/01.../?intcmp=hpbt1

Hope the perps did NOT survive this. We screwed up here in CO by deciding to let the Aurora theater shooter live. That happened, like, 3 miles from where I lived.
    --------------------------------------------------
    "...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag. We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907
    Blu/Wht '01 Gixxer 1K, '91 KX500
    Tokin' SortaTalian
    (Pronounced: Kind-A-Dago)

I'm pumped... Let's let the healing begin! Lifetime Supporter ~Barn~'s Avatar

Re: 2015-10-01 tragedy unfolding in Roseburg OR

Not to diminish the tragedy of this shooting, but just so I'm clear here... You want to deter killing by killing.
    ~Brandon~
    Aprilia RSV 1000 R Factory - "Gemma"
    MV Agusta F3 800 - "Amy Lou"
    Rattan Fat Bear Plus - "Lynda"
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

Yup. And that way we don't waste taxpayer $$ on a lengthy trial. Rabid dogs just need to be shot.
    "...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag. We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907
    Tokin' SortaTalian

Quote Originally Posted by CYCLE_MONKEY View Post
    Yup. And that way we don't waste taxpayer $$ on a lengthy trial. Rabid dogs just need to be shot.
    http://www.deathpenaltyinfo.org/costs-death-penalty
    http://www.forbes.com/sites/kellyphi...llars-at-work/
    http://deathpenalty.org/article.php?id=42
    http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/...-execute_N.htm

Nope. Try again.
    Asphalt - Worlds' fastest tattoo remover

Yup, try again. Liberal I take it? I don't consider the money executing scum wasted even if it costs more, it's a job that needs doing. I consider the money spent keeping him alive totally wasted. We should make a special clause that if the evidence is overwhelming (i.e. everyone in the room or movie theater witnesses it), and the jury votes on that like they do the death penalty, that there is no appealing a guilty verdict and death sentence. Further, that it is carried out within a week. Done. THAT would be a major deterrent.

Sounds like the scum either killed himself or was wasted by the cops. Good. Saves us money over either scenario....

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907
    Tokin' SortaTalian

Senior Member Lifetime Supporter t_jolt's Avatar

Honestly,
    Im all for the Death penalty. If its on camera or proven without a doubt, it should be done within 2-4 months as far as im concerned.
    I honestly like the eye for an eye law in the middle east. If you kill someone with a spoon, you die by a spoon.
    Im all for harsher punishments when it comes to murder and pedophiles.

Tyrel
    Mitsujagvettecedes 1000RXTS GTR

Hand built by Jerry Garcia, Dan Gurney, Chuck Norris and Duntov's ghost. GT97 turbo,
    8WD, berilium pistons, titanium rods, unobtanium crank. Block forged from the dead souls of Mongol warriors. Depleted Uranium Dog box, Flubber tires, and stage 87 axles.

-1.07 @5.7c

Yeah, good thing he was put 6 feet under, no lengthy and costly trials, no chance of a medical excuse, now we will see if his family tries to sue for some stupid reason.

Gold Member

No no no nooooo. You guys have this all wrong. We need to bring back the days of the gladiators. Put that on paperview and use the money for education. Done.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Barn~ View Post
    Not to diminish the tragedy of this shooting, but just so I'm clear here... You want to deter killing by killing.
    Yes yes they do, also they want to stop people shooting others with guns, by distributing more guns.

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by laspariahs View Post
    Yes yes they do, also they want to stop people shooting others with guns, by distributing more guns.
    Seems to work for the president, banks and most major celebrities. Never heard of a mass shooting at a gun show or in a gun store. If more guns means more shootings shouldn't there be total mayhem at gun shows?

Why can't an adult carry a firearm to protect themselves?

Yup, try again. Liberal I take it? I don't consider the money executing scum wasted even if it costs more, it's a job that needs doing. I consider the money spent keeping him alive totally wasted. We should make a special clause that if the evidence is overwhelming (i.e. everyone in the room or movie theater witnesses it), and the jury votes on that like they do the death penalty, that there is no appealing a guilty verdict and death sentence. Further, that it is carried out within a week. Done. THAT would be a major deterrent.

Sounds like the scum either killed himself or was wasted by the cops. Good. Saves us money over either scenario....
    Liberal?? LOL! I have a safe full of firearms! I was simply stating that death penalty is not a cost savings to taxpayers. I too believe someone who goes on a shooting rampage should reap what they sow. I just don't agree with the argument that the death penalty saves money.
    Asphalt - Worlds' fastest tattoo remover

Gold Member

Would also like to point out that Oregon has some stiff firearm regulations. Obama even praised it. Seems to have worked well.

Shame half the class wasn't packing heat. And Holmes would die a slow, painful death if up to me.
    John
    KTM Duke 690

How insane is it that it's an actual argument that the death penalty is too expensive that it should be eliminated? That the state shouldn't be in the business of killing people. Fucking lawyers and tree huggers. Two to Four months? Fuck no! Same day.

So let me get this clear. You are advocating that the Police violate a person's 6th amendment rights as a way to save taxpayers money.
    What if this person gave up like the Aurora Theater shooter did? Are you saying the Arapahoe Police Department should have killed the shooter as he sat in his car instead of arresting him because that would have been more of a just outcome in your eyes?
    Last edited by Snowman; Fri Oct 2nd, 2015 at 11:49 AM.

MRA Racer No.427

As a Conservative Republican, I feel that anyone who opposes the death penalty should be executed. I also believe that anyone who advocates embargoes, sanctions or diplomacy over deploying the military against foreign enemies is a Liberal, pacifist p***y, and they should be deported to Hell. Finally, I want anyone who supports stricter gun laws to be tarred and feathered because the Second Amendment SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!!!!!

(This is saracasm - but it is how gun advocates actually think. By the way, I'm no Liberal. I'm a military retiree and an independent voter who researches everything before I vote on it.)

Probably not the time to be trying to barter guns/ammo for a car on craigslist right now...too soon?

Who knows though, maybe in 2 months there will be another "they're taking our guns!" pandemic and prices will go thru the roof

Present: 2006 GSXR 750 (black/yellow), 2006 Yamaha R6r (blue)
    Sold: 2011 Ninja 250 (green/black), 2007 R6s (blue)

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zanatos View Post
    As a Conservative Republican, I feel that anyone who opposes the death penalty should be executed. I also believe that anyone who advocates embargoes, sanctions or diplomacy over deploying the military against foreign enemies is a Liberal, pacifist p***y, and they should be deported to Hell. Finally, I want anyone who supports stricter gun laws to be tarred and feathered because the Second Amendment SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!!!!!

(This is saracasm - but it is how gun advocates actually think. By the way, I'm no Liberal. I'm a military retiree and an independent voter who researches everything before I vote on it.)
    Care to explain how gun control is going to stop any of this? I mean besides removing firearms from the citizens as a whole.

Why can't we have more armed guards for schools? Why can't adults use their concealed carry permits on a adult campus? These aren't children. They are adults.

Finally why is it so acceptable to blame these events on guns and not the person using them? Every time.. Every fucking time something like this happens you hear ar15 blah blah high capacity blah blah killing tools.

Do we blame alcohol for drunk drivers? Do we protests Jack Daniels when there is a death from a drunk driver?

Why are we as a so called civilized civilization so emotional when things like this happen? Whats the point? You give these MONSTERS what they really want. Their names planted in headlines. People blaming firearms. We need to regulate firearms. Blah blah blah.

Take firearms away and they will use knives. Take knives away they will use pressure cookers. Haven't we figured this out yet?

They are attention whores who are just screaming look at me. Look at me.

These people are real. They walk among us. They have no remorse.

https://youtu.be/zGede2uSOkU

https://youtu.be/zExDivIW4FM
    Last edited by #1Townie; Fri Oct 2nd, 2015 at 12:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by #1Townie View Post
    Finally why is it so acceptable to blame these events on guns and not the person using them? Every time.. Every fucking time something like this happens you hear ar15 blah blah high capacity blah blah killing tools.
    Because many like emotional response and not logical.

Big fan of the death penalty. In very limited cases.
    Never happen, violates too many law, rules and feelings, but I could see the upside of death by torture. Flaying seems to be a long, miserable way to die. If death and life in prison doesn't disuade, perhaps something worse would. Perhaps death by unga bunga.
    The closest thing to immortality on this earth is a Federal government program - RR

Quote Originally Posted by Vitesse View Post
    Liberal?? LOL! I have a safe full of firearms! I was simply stating that death penalty is not a cost savings to taxpayers. I too believe someone who goes on a shooting rampage should reap what they sow. I just don't agree with the argument that the death penalty saves money.
    Wait... You dont think that being done with someone (death penalty) is cheaper than someone living their life out in the system?
    Mo-Door.com - Contact me for CSC pricing

Mo-Door on: Twitter Facebook

He is probably stating "Maintaining each death row prisoner costs taxpayers $90,000 more per year than a prisoner in general population."

and...

"Cases without the death penalty cost $740,000, while cases where the death penalty is sought cost $1.26 million."

Quote Originally Posted by #1Townie View Post
    No no no nooooo. You guys have this all wrong. We need to bring back the days of the gladiators. Put that on paperview and use the money for education. Done.
    THIS

But seriously. This argument is extremely complex. At the risk of writing a TL&DR post it comes down to these factors:

- Mental health (of the shooter. IE - do your research on psychopaths)
    - Cultural values (personal responsibility over comfort - in this case, of sacrificing one's responsibility to one's own security for the comfort of believing somebody else, usually the state, can provide that security)
    - Personal choice (Just as people have the option to chose not to own a gun, people should have the option to protect themselves)
    - Education\Entitlement (The biggest and most important factor here. People who have vehement opinions, and "the answer", do not poses the adequate amount of knowledge to have that opinion. They simply want a quick fix and only see to the end of the encounter. In this case, the "consequences" for the shooter. These vehement opinions are usually formed by some manifestation of fear. Go ahead, do the research and look into the family tree of emotions.

What is truly sad, is that so few people actually want to solve the problem. Most simply want to get past it so they can get back to their hum drum and more often than not pathetic lives. Since not enough of the people, the citizens, the culture are willing to drill down and find the problem, they simply perpetuate the problem by turning it into a duality.

This is true for all issue we face in America today. Guns, equality, economy.

Thus, the only solution to the problem is through education and tolerance for many generations to come. We will not see the solution implemented. If we're careful, we'll live long enough as a society to see it start changing. The trick for us is going to be to balance our existence with the search of knowledge, AND securing that ability to pursue that knowledge.

Guns have nothing to do with this. Anybody that turns this into a gun debate misses the point and the problem. People kill people. Period. With rocks, sticks, stones, knives or simply words (think suicide).

"Better to Remain Silent and Be Thought a Fool than to Speak and Remove All Doubt"
    Respect and truth trump all!
    I don't get lost. I explore.

I'm pumped... Let's let the healing begin! Lifetime Supporter ~Barn~'s Avatar

Today's American gun culture provides for the most unequivocally convenient mechanism of harm to our population, in the history of violence. To think that they somehow do not factor them into the equation, is naïve.
    ~Brandon~
    Aprilia RSV 1000 R Factory - "Gemma"
    MV Agusta F3 800 - "Amy Lou"
    Rattan Fat Bear Plus - "Lynda"
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by ~Barn~ View Post
    Today's American gun culture provides for the most unequivocally convenient mechanism of harm to our population, in the history of violence. To think that they somehow do not factor them into the equation, is naïve.
    Couldn't disagree more. Throughout history it has always been the same. The sword was made for one thing. To kill. The spear was made to kill. Arrows. Knives. The list can keep going.

My question to you is why would find it acceptable that with the advancement of technology that our ways to defend ourselves shouldn't evolve as well?

Spooph that was an amazing post. Nice thoughts man truly.

Be back with more give me one sec.