Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New Members - Introduce yourself here! (NEW thread)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Say what again... Site Admin rforsythe's Avatar

Thumbs up New Members - Introduce yourself here! (NEW thread)

Since we have had a steady stream of new members joining the club, this thread will serve as a place for any new members to let us know who they are instead of having a ton of "Hi I'm new here" posts in the general forum.

Are you new? Let us know a bit about yourself if you want, or just give a shout out to the club.
    Asshole Nazi devil moderator out to get each and every one of you

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous
    than sincere ignorance
    and conscientious stupidity.
    - Martin Luther King, Jr.

disce quasi semper victurus vive quasi cras moriturus

The return of MRA #321! Sponsored by Western Ambulance, Chicane Trackdays, and a very patient wife...

Re: New Members - Introduce yourself here! (NEW thread)

Welcome to the CSC rforsythe! Oh wait, nevermind.
    John
    KTM Duke 690

Hey guys hows it going just saying high I noticed the introduce yourself thread was close. I have a 2012 cbr1000rr. Hope to make it out to an event sometime or maybe go do some riding. I need to get the chicken scratch off my new bike. I don't want to ride to hard until i get some slides, but hit me up if you want to do a cruise to some windy roads sometime. I don't know to many good rides here because I have only been here since august.

Senior Member Yearly Supporter Tylar's Avatar

This feels like 2004.....
    -Tylar

2009: 2009 GSXR 600 *wifey's*
    2010: 2008 YZF-R1

Board Newbie

Old lurker, new poster here.

About me:
    Been racing cars on an amateur level (autox, rallyx, scca, etc) since around '99 but a few years ago switched to bikes for my speed and wrenching fix. I tend to modify everything I own to hell and back or leave it bone stock. I am currently sellin my old ninja 500 I re-learned street-riding on years ago, and halfway though the build of my new bike. The new beast is based around an existing engine, frame and single-swinger, with lots of heterogeneous parts now being installed.

I have a small garage at my place and I can oft be found wrenching and cussing on various mechanical bits. Making music in the basement is also a hobby, and still haven't found anyone to jam with. And I still play way too many video games for a guy my age. I also brew beer, 4x4 my yota, shoot guns, hike, and other typical coloradoan stuff. My 2 roomies also ride, so it would be awesome to find/form a small group for mountain attacks.

Feel free to hit me up for just about any reason. I got some time on my hands this summer and hope ride more.

Also wanted to say thanks to all the people updating all the ride reports. That info has been invaluable planning rides in the past few years.

Board Newbie

Hey everyone,
    My name is Aaron, and I have lived in Colorado for about 13 years now. I have ridden some kind of a motorcycle on and off since 2002. I currently ride a 2006 Yamaha YZF600R. I want to work my way to a liter bike in a couple of years, but I need to learn on a 600 for now. I live in Parker, but work downtown. Thanks everyone for making this club and site so cool. I appreciate it. Thanks!!
    It's INTENSE... like camping!

Board Newbie

Hello,

New rider of a blue '91 Kawi EX500. Live, work, commute and enjoy the horrific sloppy construction left tire-grabbing ruts on Austin DangerBluffs in Colorado Springs.

Board Newbie

New member here, just wanted to say hello.

Hi to all the board newbs! Post up pictures of your rides, and welcome!

Board Newbie

Hi Guys! I just moved out here last year. I ride a Ninja 300 at the moment. Previous rides included a Triumph Street Triple, Tiger 800XC and a Ninja 500. Looking forward to getting to know you all better!

Board Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by sausage creature View Post
    Old lurker, new poster here.

About me:
    Been racing cars on an amateur level (autox, rallyx, scca, etc) since around '99 but a few years ago switched to bikes for my speed and wrenching fix. I tend to modify everything I own to hell and back or leave it bone stock. I am currently sellin my old ninja 500 I re-learned street-riding on years ago, and halfway though the build of my new bike. The new beast is based around an existing engine, frame and single-swinger, with lots of heterogeneous parts now being installed.

I have a small garage at my place and I can oft be found wrenching and cussing on various mechanical bits. Making music in the basement is also a hobby, and still haven't found anyone to jam with. And I still play way too many video games for a guy my age. I also brew beer, 4x4 my yota, shoot guns, hike, and other typical coloradoan stuff. My 2 roomies also ride, so it would be awesome to find/form a small group for mountain attacks.

Feel free to hit me up for just about any reason. I got some time on my hands this summer and hope ride more.

Also wanted to say thanks to all the people updating all the ride reports. That info has been invaluable planning rides in the past few years.

Quote Originally Posted by 303yzf View Post
    Hey everyone,
    My name is Aaron, and I have lived in Colorado for about 13 years now. I have ridden some kind of a motorcycle on and off since 2002. I currently ride a 2006 Yamaha YZF600R. I want to work my way to a liter bike in a couple of years, but I need to learn on a 600 for now. I live in Parker, but work downtown. Thanks everyone for making this club and site so cool. I appreciate it. Thanks!!
    Good call on waiting for a liter bike.

Quote Originally Posted by ghg View Post
    Hello,

New rider of a blue '91 Kawi EX500. Live, work, commute and enjoy the horrific sloppy construction left tire-grabbing ruts on Austin DangerBluffs in Colorado Springs.
    I drooled over a 91 EX500 when in high school (yeah, i'm that old). Welcome aboard.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyO View Post
    New member here, just wanted to say hello.

Quote Originally Posted by bigheadmode View Post
    Hi Guys! I just moved out here last year. I ride a Ninja 300 at the moment. Previous rides included a Triumph Street Triple, Tiger 800XC and a Ninja 500. Looking forward to getting to know you all better!

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyO View Post
    -Tylar

Joined a while ago, so I should say hello. Probably have come across some of you while out riding!

Me: IT guy (Linux/*BSD), Bacon lover, Räikkönen fan
    Ride: 2008 Speed Triple (loaded with gear for a trip I took recently)

IMG_0605.jpg

Been riding for about 10yrs, started with smaller Hondas, Rode a big Victory, and now on the S3.

I usually do 250-300mi day rides through the mountains, but I'm always up for city rides with good food/coffee destinations as well. I'll try to join up on one of the group rides yet this summer!

Board Newbie

Hey everybody,

Just joined the forum. Started riding two years ago and can't get enough of the thrill when hammering the throttle and hauling ass. Looking for new folks to go riding with. I'm usually in the foothills riding every weekend. My favorite short ride is Bear Creek Canyon Rd. Hope to meet up with you all at some point for a ride.

Sean

Quote Originally Posted by waz0wski View Post
    Joined a while ago, so I should say hello. Probably have come across some of you while out riding!

Me: IT guy (Linux/*BSD), Bacon lover, Räikkönen fan
    Ride: 2008 Speed Triple (loaded with gear for a trip I took recently)

IMG_0605.jpg

Been riding for about 10yrs, started with smaller Hondas, Rode a big Victory, and now on the S3.

I usually do 250-300mi day rides through the mountains, but I'm always up for city rides with good food/coffee destinations as well. I'll try to join up on one of the group rides yet this summer!
    Can't say that I'm a die-hard fan of the triple, but that is a NICE triple.
    -Tylar

Gold Member Yearly Supporter Sully's Avatar

Welcome n00bs!

Hello, my name is Ronnie abd I am new to this site. Awesome website, and a big thanks to any admins for the work they put in to it.
    I ride a 07 zx6r but am mostly a weekend warrior. I live in the Lakewood area near Colfax and Wadsworth. Feel free to message me if your looking for someone to ride with or for any other reason.

Board Newbie

Hey all, I just moved to Colorado earlier this year. Sold my CBR when I moved and just picked up a R1. I have been going into the mountains to ride the twisted by myself so far. I only know 2 people here that ride so I'm looking for more. I'm a noob to the site but I have been riding for several years and have had several bikes. I love riding and hope to meet some of you soon.

Welcome n00bs!

Check out the Canyon Carving section for occasion local rides posted - http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forum...Canyon-Carving
    .. or if you'd like, post a ride in there, I'm sure you'll find someone to join you.

Look for the "sticky" that has the local meet up spots so you know where you're going - http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forum...Meet-Locations

Hey everyone. I just moved to Colorado almost 2 months ago from Florida. I raced with CCS down there and I'm looking forward to getting involved with MRA as well as some street rides. I have gone on rides here by myself, but its not as fun as riding with a group. Not sure if you guys and / gals meet up to watch racing (MotoGP, WorldSBK, BSB, AMA, TT) , but that would be fun to be apart of too.

Welcome to Colorado and the CSC. Looks like you're on your way with the n00b ride and meeting new people to ride with. Check out the Canyon Carving section along with occasion Social Events that are posted. Familiarize yourself with the meeting locations (sticky at the top of the Canyon Carving Section) so you know where MoCo is (along with the other meet up spots.)

Board Newbie

Hello all, my name is Jamie and i've lived in CO my whole life. Owned my CBR for about 5 years or so but no longer have any friends who ride so thought i might be able to find some people to meet up with by joining here. went on a solo ride last weekend up the canyons west of Golden, was a nice day. really though i either need to get better at leaning my bike over (retarded big chicken strips, sheesh) or sell it for a cruiser because there's no point in having a sportbike and riding it upright all the time, might as well get something comfy that doesn't hurt my back. anyway, that's me, i'll try to make it to the next n00b meetup.

Board Newbie

Hi everyone, recently moved from Florida to Colorado Springs, loving the epic riding around these parts and looking for people to share with. Hope to meet up for a group ride soon.

Senior Member Moderator

Welcome to the dirty south!