Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: new ride

Gold Member

new ride

Picked up a new ride today.

Re: new ride

thought you couldn't get any tickets or something?

Present: 2006 GSXR 750 (black/yellow), 2006 Yamaha R6r (blue)
    Sold: 2011 Ninja 250 (green/black), 2007 R6s (blue)

Moving on up to the east side. Townie finally getting a piece of the pie......

grt tow job . When do you have to return it????

Gold Member

Hahahaha.. NEVAAAAHHHH!!!

Nice car. Always thought you were a guy, though!

here is townie backing up to pick up a tow

Congrats.....So what model of BMW is that? I considered the 335Xi for a long time and was close to buying one, but then I test drove a new WRX Limited and had never drove a more fun car and went with that.

Wow, are those 20's? Just sold my 19's from my last car and those look even bigger!

Just hit 2500 miles and got some new rims on it (stayed with 17's; getting old).....

Bulldog's Motto: F*ck around and I'm going to bite you!!!

Chocolate Thunder

I dont know whats more scary the bright pink lipstick or the fact you posted a picture of your wife mdub.

Quote Originally Posted by mdub View Post
    here is townie backing up to pick up a tow

Kerry
    Suzuki Gladius 650
    GSXR 750

Taste the rainbow...B*itch
    http://www.pajiba.com/videos/awesome...inbow-btch.php

Quote Originally Posted by Drama2 View Post
    I dont know whats more scary the bright pink lipstick or the fact you posted a picture of your wife mdub.

Haha.... No that is Townie and she loves that pink

here are the mdubs yrs back

Chocolate Thunder

Ok.....lovely family.

Haha.... No that is Townie and she loves that pink

here are the mdubs yrs back

Kerry
    Suzuki Gladius 650
    GSXR 750

Taste the rainbow...B*itch
    http://www.pajiba.com/videos/awesome...inbow-btch.php

Thanks Drama2.

Sweet ride Nate...

I found this Japanese truck and tweek it a bit

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
    Congrats.....So what model of BMW is that? I considered the 335Xi for a long time and was close to buying one, but then I test drove a new WRX Limited and had never drove a more fun car and went with that.

Wow, are those 20's? Just sold my 19's from my last car and those look even bigger!

Just hit 2500 miles and got some new rims on it (stayed with 17's; getting old).....

Thanks bro its the 335i and yes its sitting on 20s. I'm really enjoying it.

Man the pic of that chick... just howt!! Dont let grim see that pic. He would fall in love!!

very nice Mr. Townie!!

I've considered getting a BMW and trading in my Camaro. But not sure yet, really love my Camaro and I don't think I could drive a BMW as then I'd be encroaching on Aaron's territory, and we can't have that lol!!
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

Quote Originally Posted by #1Townie View Post
    Thanks bro its the 335i and yes its sitting on 20s. I'm really enjoying it.
    Figured that was a 335i. My buddy just got the BMW 535xi msport and that thing is sick....he just traded his 335xi for it.

Mdubb...sweet ride too...I want a Japanese truck...always wanted a lifted Toyota Tacoma. Wish they made that Honda truck in a longer bed and non-four door.

Quote Originally Posted by #1Townie View Post
    Man the pic of that chick... just howt!! Dont let grim see that pic. He would fall in love!!
    photobucket hawt......

yeah dude have fun with ur new ride. dont pick up chicks with adam apples...

BULLDOG is in the HOUSE!
    Mo-Door.com - Contact me for CSC pricing

Mo-Door on: Twitter Facebook

Nice car Townie, I love the 35's. Not sure how someone could pick a WRX over one, must have white rimmed sunglasses, but I guess they are halfway fun to drive. 35 owns it in every other way.

By the way, coming from someone who may or may not have been in a position to enforce such laws, get rid of those brake light covers ASAP. They were always one of my pet peeves, and I've watched a judge put 100% fault on the owner of them after getting rear ended. Huge liability, and the tickets are easy to write!

By the way: tune, down pipes, intercooler, and you're sitting at 450whp. That 3.0 loves the boost.

photobucket hawt......

yeah dude have fun with ur new ride. dont pick up chicks with adam apples...
    Got married April 16th in Cozumel man.....my days of picking up chicks are done. Was a pimp 9 day all inclusive at a 5 star resort.

I see same ole Aaron on here..... the armpit of this site. Was hoping you went away by now...damn. Pretty obvious a new 335xi is quite a bit more than a new WRX....

Ya new to new prices are quite a bit different. But the new 3/4 series suck. The 09-13 can be priced similarly, but if you want new then WRX it is.

I don't know if i would call it getting old (even though I am old) as much as being practical. 20's don't bother me on something like a 1/2 ton truck where the tire is 30 - 35" so you still have 5 - 7" of sidewall. On a car like that where you only have maybe 2" of sidewall I would be constantly nervous about destroying a rim on our great roads. You cant dodge every pothole

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    Ya new to new prices are quite a bit different. But the new 3/4 series suck. The 09-13 can be priced similarly, but if you want new then WRX it is.
    Yeah I was looking at a used 335xi vs a new WRX. I'd love to get a new 335xi, but was more than I wanted to spend and honestly the "used" scared me because of the lack of warranty; warranty was about to expire on the BMW. I posted a thread about the 335 and appears they are great cars, but if something breaks down out of warranty it gets pricey. Townie seems a bit more mechanical than me, so I bet he can deal with issues I could not.....I can do simple things like oil, belts, sparkplugs, etc. Forgot who on this site told me something that stuck "anyone can afford a German car, but not everyone can afford to keep one". And not dogging on your car at all Townie...I love the 335...I am just getting old and tired of taking risks.

Aaron, glad we could just talk...so much more enjoyable Still drooling over my friends BMW 535xi msport...

Quote Originally Posted by longrider View Post
    I don't know if i would call it getting old (even though I am old) as much as being practical. 20's don't bother me on something like a 1/2 ton truck where the tire is 30 - 35" so you still have 5 - 7" of sidewall. On a car like that where you only have maybe 2" of sidewall I would be constantly nervous about destroying a rim on our great roads. You cant dodge every pothole
    Yeah that was my issue why I gave them up...I felt every bump and crack on road, the roads in CO suck for potholes and ruined a few rims/tires, and unless I spent $3K on Volks I was not going to get a lightweight 19-20" like I could with a 17". I don't know what it is, but the older I get the more I think about things like this. I used to be all about looks on cars, but now I am getting all practical....at least I went with a WRX over like a Prius.
    Last edited by bulldog; Mon May 12th, 2014 at 11:50 AM.

And unfortunately the 335's reputation for reliability isn't so great. The engine itself is great, but between fuel pumps, coils, water pumps, it's got some issues. And shops will rape you to replace these parts even though thy aren't very difficult.

If you got a Prius I'm pretty sure you'd be banned from here.

Someone was in front of the Qdoba taking pics lol. You live over there?
    Erich-
    2004 SV650S - 8K miles - SOLD
    2003 SV1000S - 15K miles - My new love!

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    And unfortunately the 335's reputation for reliability isn't so great. The engine itself is great, but between fuel pumps, coils, water pumps, it's got some issues. And shops will rape you to replace these parts even though thy aren't very difficult.

If you got a Prius I'm pretty sure you'd be banned from here.
    Yeah I did my research and found those issues you stated and then called up a few BMW dealerships to see what they would charge to replace them....I nearly feel out of my chair at how much they wanted for repairs. 335xi I was going to get needed new brake pads and were nearly double what I pay for them on a Japanese car. Not sure how true it was, but they stated I had to get BMW parts as many have sensors that know if you used something else. The buddies I know that get BMW's get them new and then trade them in when warranty expires as it is a risk.

Quote Originally Posted by Rabbie303 View Post
    Someone was in front of the Qdoba taking pics lol. You live over there?
    Yup, that was right in front of Qdoba; had just washed the ride and remembered I had not got a pic with the new rims on (as I walked back with my burrito). I live right by there off of Belleview and Windermere.
    Last edited by bulldog; Mon May 12th, 2014 at 12:20 PM.