Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone missing an 05 GSXR?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Anyone missing an 05 GSXR?

I have an 05 GSXR that's been sitting in front of my work for several days now. I believe to be abandoned and honestly I'm surprised it hasn't been stolen from here.
    I've got more flavor than a packet of macaroni.

Senior Member Yearly Supporter Generic's Avatar

Re: Anyone missing an 05 GSXR?

Um yea... mine went, uh, missing and stuff, it's like black-white-yellow-green-red-blueish in color.
    2005 Kawasaki Z750S

Hmm Sounds just like my future race bike.. those don't need titles and such right ?
    2011 GSXR 750

Called it in this morning and the police said it's not of interest to them. So if anyone wants a race bike I'll give you the location for $300.

Senior Member Yearly Supporter Generic's Avatar

Dibs!
    2005 Kawasaki Z750S

Huge Member Site Admin Mother Goose's Avatar

In!
    Chadwick
    MRA #825

"You live more for five minutes going fast on a bike like that, than other people do in all of their life." - Marco Simoncelli

I'm pumped... Let's let the healing begin! Lifetime Supporter ~Barn~'s Avatar

Go see if the key is in the ignition.
    ~Brandon~
    Aprilia RSV 1000 R Factory - "Gemma"
    MV Agusta F3 800 - "Amy Lou"
    Rattan Fat Bear Plus - "Lynda"
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

Wait! If it's the one with 2 wheels, then yes, I umm left it there when I went to a friends place. But I was drunk so I need the addy again
    Erich-
    2004 SV650S - 8K miles - SOLD
    2003 SV1000S - 15K miles - My new love!

It is a Bait Car (well bike)...don't do it

Anyone watch that show?

And yes even when people call the police on these they normally say it is not interest to them as they do not want to blow the location!
    Bulldog's Motto: F*ck around and I'm going to bite you!!!

Gold Member

Sounds like a repo.

Quote Originally Posted by #1Townie View Post
    Sounds like a repo.
    Are police not notified of a repo? Always wondered this since I would assume some car owners go out and find their car gone from a repo and think it was stolen and call the police.

On the note about Bait Car, it is kind of unfair that they leave the doors open and keys in ignition, but I guess theft is theft.

Gold Member

Sorry I left that a little open ended. Basically what I was saying was the owner got pissed at his bank and said go find it and left it in some random parking lot.

Yes every repo has to be reported to the local police department where it was repossessed. Always try to get it called in as soon as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by #1Townie View Post
    Sorry I left that a little open ended. Basically what I was saying was the owner got pissed at his bank and said go find it and left it in some random parking lot.

Yes every repo has to be reported to the local police department where it was repossessed. Always try to get it called in as soon as possible.
    I figured the cops had to be notified if not there would be this wild goose chase of cops looking for stolen cars that are not really stolen. So sounds like you guys call in to the police right after the repo then right? So in this case it could be a repo and cops don't know yet.

Got to love how people do not pay their bills then act like they are the victims and pull stuff like this; making it hard for the bank to find the bike. I had a buddy who his Jeep broke down and he told me he stopped paying on it because why would he pay on a vehicle that doesn't work. I told him it will get repoed because it does not work like that and on top of it they are now going to auction that Jeep and send you a bill for the difference left on the loan. He thought I was crazy, but sure enough they repoed it, auctioned it, and sent him a huge bill. Honestly I did not feel bad for the guy because he knew deep down he should have paid and was just being irresponsible.

Although I would have to say I'd be really happy to find out this is a sting operation on this bike as way too many bikes have been getting stolen recently!

Say what again... Site Admin rforsythe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
    I figured the cops had to be notified if not there would be this wild goose chase of cops looking for stolen cars that are not really stolen.
    You think cops actually go look for stolen cars. Nate you funny!
    Asshole Nazi devil moderator out to get each and every one of you

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous
    than sincere ignorance
    and conscientious stupidity.
    - Martin Luther King, Jr.

disce quasi semper victurus vive quasi cras moriturus

The return of MRA #321! Sponsored by Western Ambulance, Chicane Trackdays, and a very patient wife...

Definitely not a sting. The bike has been sitting there for over a week. It's also missing the side fairings.

Quote Originally Posted by Jmetz View Post
    Definitely not a sting. The bike has been sitting there for over a week. It's also missing the side fairings.
    You are doing nothing to help continue this conversation Josh!

Why is that bike not on the track yet ? haha
    2011 GSXR 750

Quote Originally Posted by DiddysR6 View Post
    Why is that bike not on the track yet ? haha

There are some situations where the banks do screw people.

My best friend bought a brand new SV1000S back in 03, I think around $7-8k. He got talked into an interest only loan, and didn't know it. I'm sure had he read the fine print and been cautious it wouldn't have happened, but regardless it did. Those loans should be illegal. To date he has paid more than $9,000, and has not applied ten cents to the payoff. 5 years ago or so he finally said screw you to the bank and stopped paying. He parks it indoors, and gets a call from the bank's recovery agent about once a week or so, but won't give it up. And I don't blame him.

I had a halfway similar thing happen buying my BMW. BMW offers their own financing, and they nearly force you to use it. Well their new "3asy Ride" financing tries to match the payment of bikes that cost half as much. And it does. The trick is the baloon payment due at 3 or 4 years. So you're going along paying your $360/mo and all is happy, until The same date 3 years later rolls around and you either pay $8,000 right then, or you lose the bike. Ouch, that'll sneak up on you. I knew this would sneak up and be a royal pain, so I elected to pay the bike off ASAP, but I can see a lot of people getting into trouble with the loans.

$250

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    There are some situations where the banks do screw people.

My best friend bought a brand new SV1000S back in 03, I think around $7-8k. He got talked into an interest only loan, and didn't know it. I'm sure had he read the fine print and been cautious it wouldn't have happened, but regardless it did. Those loans should be illegal. To date he has paid more than $9,000, and has not applied ten cents to the payoff. 5 years ago or so he finally said screw you to the bank and stopped paying. He parks it indoors, and gets a call from the bank's recovery agent about once a week or so, but won't give it up. And I don't blame him.

I had a halfway similar thing happen buying my BMW. BMW offers their own financing, and they nearly force you to use it. Well their new "3asy Ride" financing tries to match the payment of bikes that cost half as much. And it does. The trick is the baloon payment due at 3 or 4 years. So you're going along paying your $360/mo and all is happy, until The same date 3 years later rolls around and you either pay $8,000 right then, or you lose the bike. Ouch, that'll sneak up on you. I knew this would sneak up and be a royal pain, so I elected to pay the bike off ASAP, but I can see a lot of people getting into trouble with the loans.
    Moral of the story there is to read before you sign (nobody is forced to sign a contract)....so all in all I don't feel too bad for your friend (yes, sucks he got a unethical finance person that may not have explained this to him), but in no way do I feel it is a valid reason to hide a bike when you know they are looking for it. Sure what they did was not cool, but in the end it was his fault and he could always have paid the bike off when he learned that....sure may have taken a additional loan, but it would have been better than ruining his credit.....but wait, him playing games like hiding his bike has probably shot his credit so no loan for him now. Let's hope he doesn't try to finance anything again EVER because he can bet that is on his record.

P.S. And usually people are given "interest only" loans because they cannot afford a normal payment and want a cheap payment...used for auto is pretty crazy. Seen it on a house and did it once after a divorce to save my house, but you can believe I got out of that loan the minute I could re-finance.

And there are advantages of "interest only" loans so it is not really something that should be illegal; just used the proper way. This article gives some good examples of when to use them http://www.fedprimerate.com/interest-only_loans.htm

So people can justify all they want in their heads, but the banks don't care and it will still ruin your credit.....and one thing I learned is credit is everything nowadays! Banks/loans can be shady though for sure and sucks so many have to take advantage of people who do not know better.

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
    Moral of the story there is to read before you sign (nobody is forced to sign a contract)....so all in all I don't feel too bad for your friend (yes, sucks he got a unethical finance person that may not have explained this to him), but in no way do I feel it is a valid reason to hide a bike when you know they are looking for it. Sure what they did was not cool, but in the end it was his fault and he could always have paid the bike off when he learned that....sure may have taken a additional loan, but it would have been better than ruining his credit.....but wait, him playing games like hiding his bike has probably shot his credit so no loan for him now. Let's hope he doesn't try to finance anything again EVER because he can bet that is on his record.

P.S. And usually people are given "interest only" loans because they cannot afford a normal payment and want a cheap payment...used for auto is pretty crazy. Seen it on a house and did it once after a divorce to save my house, but you can believe I got out of that loan the minute I could re-finance.

And there are advantages of "interest only" loans so it is not really something that should be illegal; just used the proper way. This article gives some good examples of when to use them http://www.fedprimerate.com/interest-only_loans.htm

So people can justify all they want in their heads, but the banks don't care and it will still ruin your credit.....and one thing I learned is credit is everything nowadays! Banks/loans can be shady though for sure and sucks so many have to take advantage of people who do not know better.
    I would gave to agree. At some point we have to put our big boy pants on accept the situation WE create.

Gone now.

I'm not saying he's right in the situation, but to put it in perspective. He was young, probably couldn't truly afford the bike/payments, and was under a lot of pressure to buy it. Then, to make him the best deal they could, they offered him this package. It was zero down, no payments for 90 days, and had the lowest interest rate of all the packages. And the salesman was really pushing this package (Probably because he knew it was the only way my friend would qualify).

We were all young and dumb, and it's a lesson learned. But when he's paid quite a bit more than he bough the bike for, and still owes that same amount, it's a screwed up loan package. So I don't blame him one bit.

BMW is doing a very similar thing, trying to get people into bikes they realistically can't afford. I won't be affected by it, but I'm sure there are thousands who the baloon payment snuck up on and now their credit is trashed.