There are some situations where the banks do screw people.

My best friend bought a brand new SV1000S back in 03, I think around $7-8k. He got talked into an interest only loan, and didn't know it. I'm sure had he read the fine print and been cautious it wouldn't have happened, but regardless it did. Those loans should be illegal. To date he has paid more than $9,000, and has not applied ten cents to the payoff. 5 years ago or so he finally said screw you to the bank and stopped paying. He parks it indoors, and gets a call from the bank's recovery agent about once a week or so, but won't give it up. And I don't blame him.

I had a halfway similar thing happen buying my BMW. BMW offers their own financing, and they nearly force you to use it. Well their new "3asy Ride" financing tries to match the payment of bikes that cost half as much. And it does. The trick is the baloon payment due at 3 or 4 years. So you're going along paying your $360/mo and all is happy, until The same date 3 years later rolls around and you either pay $8,000 right then, or you lose the bike. Ouch, that'll sneak up on you. I knew this would sneak up and be a royal pain, so I elected to pay the bike off ASAP, but I can see a lot of people getting into trouble with the loans.