Thread: Where to buy Air Gun supplies?

Where to buy Air Gun supplies?

Where in town can you get cleaning and other accessories for air guns? All the places that come up on searches have nothing. Is there an air gun store in town?

...and what the fuck is wrong with this website?!?!? Takes a half hour to make a ten second post!!!!
    Kim & Dean
    60th Anniversary R6 - '16 R1M

Re: Where to buy Air Gun supplies?

Did you find anything? Being mine is .22 I am using my .22 cleaning kit.

I got some silicon based oil for the break barrel rifle cylinder, but it came from Amazon so likely it has no warranty.

I ended up putting around 250 pellets through it last weekend.

These guys are the local Crossman/Benjamin service center. I've never used them, but might be worth a try...

ADDICTED 2 AIRGUNS
    9195 W. EUCLID AVE.
    LITTLETON, CO80123
    303-249-1726
    dave@addicted2airguns.com www.addicted2airguns.com - CALL/EMAIL before dropping off gun for repair
    Thanks, Jim
    TFOG Wheelsports, LLC
    www.tfogracing.com
    303-216-2400

Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented immigrant" is like calling a drug dealer an "undocumented pharmacist"

Quote Originally Posted by Bueller View Post
    Did you find anything? Being mine is .22 I am using my .22 cleaning kit.

I got some silicon based oil for the break barrel rifle cylinder, but it came from Amazon so likely it has no warranty.

I ended up putting around 250 pellets through it last weekend.
    Nope, nowhere local. I've read a lot of info that says to never clean an air guns barrel. Then I read that some say to only clean if it looses accuracy. Most also say that any metal that touches the inside of the barrel damages it.

I've been dropping a string down the barrel with a loop tied in the end to pull a patch through. Works great and no metal touches the barrel.

I've also read the you have to use a specific oil for break barrels. Some of the air gun oils say "do not use in break barrels". When the spring is released, the air temps can hit 5,000 deg. The smoke you see is the oil dieseling. The wrong oil can cause too much combustion and damage the gun, or you. With so much confusion, I wanted a local place to ask a lot of questions, as well as get supplies.

How accurate is that bad-boy?
    Kim & Dean

Quote Originally Posted by TFOGGuys View Post
    These guys are the local Crossman/Benjamin service center. I've never used them, but might be worth a try...

ADDICTED 2 AIRGUNS
    9195 W. EUCLID AVE.
    LITTLETON, CO80123
    303-249-1726
    dave@addicted2airguns.com www.addicted2airguns.com - CALL/EMAIL before dropping off gun for repair
    Damn!!! Looks like he's out of business for a while, according to his website.
    Kim & Dean

I just throw mine in the dishwasher when it gets dirty. lol.

I'm confused about cleaning the air rifle also. ???
    Quote Originally Posted by Suki View Post
    ...i mean, sure maybe 4 inches isn't much to them, but it sure as hell is alot to me!

I just pulled my bore snake through it to clean out and dust/dirt that was still present.
    Yes I bought some pellet gun oil and it its petroleum based and said not to use in break barrel or precharged. Then I ordered the oil recommended by Crosman for the chamber. It is silicon based.
    The first firing after was very loud.
    It was really accurate after a hundred or so firings at 30-40 yrds but I ran out off elevation adjustment trying to zero at 50. I have made a shim for the scope to see what happens.
    Last edited by Bueller; Sat Jun 21st, 2014 at 08:47 AM. Reason: fixed phone post

I just pulled my bore snake through it to clean out and dust/dirt that was still present.
    Yes I bought some pellet gun oil and it its petroleum based and said not to use in break barrel orporecharged. Then I ordered the oil recommended by Crosman for the chamber. It is silicon based.
    The first firing after was very loud.
    It was really accurate after a hundred or so firings at 30-40 yrds but I ran out off elevation adjustment trying to zero at 50. I have made a dim for the scope to see what happens.
    All of my bore snakes have metal bristles, so I'm afraid to use them. Most of the air rifle specific brushes are nylon. I'm just going to put it in my sand blaster next time. Maybe sulfuric acid, my electric grinder...

My Powerline was stupid accurate for several years. Now, it won't hold scope settings over night.

This happens on all of my air rifles - I clean the barrel, fire once and can't see through the barrel. Shoot a blast of air through and it's clear. Every fire puts a ton of shit in the barrel.
    Kim & Dean

I used to use these for a quick clean...

http://www.amazon.com/Umarex-Cleanin...s+cleaning+kit
    Thanks, Jim
    TFOG Wheelsports, LLC
    www.tfogracing.com
    303-216-2400

Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented immigrant" is like calling a drug dealer an "undocumented pharmacist"

I used to use these for a quick clean... http://www.amazon.com/Umarex-Cleanin...s+cleaning+kit
    People tell me I read too much (or maybe I'm just anal)...

Those looked perfect to me, when I first saw them. Then, I read that you need to shoot two at a time, otherwise the the plunger bottoms too hard because of the lack of resistance. It does make sense. I love precision, so I'm always trying to figure out what's best and what's B.S.

The string works great, no metal. The amount of shit it pulls out every time really makes me wonder why so many "experts" say don't clean the barrel.
    Kim & Dean

​BTW-those cleaning pellets sting like a bitch when you go all tactical on your buddies in the house...
    Thanks, Jim
    TFOG Wheelsports, LLC
    www.tfogracing.com
    303-216-2400

I gotta say, I am not too worried about the soft brass bristles on a bore snake scratching the steel bore of my $120 pellet rifle.
    Yes you are too anal

​BTW-those cleaning pellets sting like a bitch when you go all tactical on your buddies in the house...
    That's a great idea!!! I guess anything doing 1,000 fps it going to hurt!

I have an electric machine gun that shoots 6mm BBs at 450 fps. After a few beers it's fun to see who's brave enough to shoot their hand with it. It hurts, but not as bad as you might think...
    Kim & Dean

I gotta say, I am not too worried about the soft brass bristles on a bore snake scratching the steel bore of my $120 pellet rifle.
    Yes you are too anal
    Supposedly, the lining of an air gun is pretty soft. I just don't want to take the chance.

Damn! That sounds like a pretty good price!
    Kim & Dean

That was with the $20 discount through Amazon for $100 or more on Crosman. And when I looked a couple days ago they jacked the price up $10 so I timed that right.

So I am finishing my cleanings from last weekend. I used my composite rod and pushed a few wet patches through mine.
    After approx 250 pellets down it, I looked down the barrel and couldn't even see my rifling. In fact it was so dark I couldn't make out any detail down the barrel.
    The pic shows the wet patches in order, first and second then the bore snake, third one still showed some dirt.

So I am finishing my cleanings from last weekend. I used my composite rod and pushed a few wet patches through mine.
    After approx 250 pellets down it, I looked down the barrel and couldn't even see my rifling. In fact it was so dark I couldn't make out any detail down the barrel.
    The pic shows the wet patches in order, first and second then the bore snake, third one still showed some dirt.
    Every time I think my barrels are clean, I lube 'em up, pull a patch and it's all black again. Real guns, air rifles. It doesn't matter. I can get my pistol barrels perfect, but that's only because I can put them in my ultrasonic cleaner. I'm gonna stop shootin'! Too much damn work!

Puttin' my bike back together now. Got all the internal engine parts back in and about to put the oil pan back on. Should be done today. I'll call ya about the lift. Scratch that. You ain't gettin' it back!!!!!
    Kim & Dean