Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Can Someone Help With Install of Slip ON IRC and Powercommander 5

Can Someone Help With Install of Slip ON IRC and Powercommander 5

Hi,

I don't really know how to work on bikes, I was wondering if anyone has some free time in about two weeks when my exhaust power commander and IRC come in. I will be needing some help installing them if anyone has experience and would be willing to assist me in this process I would be grateful. Also I don't have many tools lol. I just moved here in august and split from my fiance so I'm still rebuilding.

Parts, Exhaust Kit, Pre-Mapped Power Commander V, and IRC
    Sato Cutless Sliders, and Carbon fiber engine covers.

Just pm me if you'd be willing to help. I'm ordering the exhaust in 7 days and it will probably take 7 days to arrive.

Thanks in advance there might be some free booze and toke involved in the process if your interested.

Re: Can Someone Help With Install of Slip ON IRC and Powercommander 5

the power commander is pre-tuned as well.

One thing to keep in mind is some Power Commanders connect to each injector so it is not a easy task. Some are easy and just go between main cable, but if it is one with injector connectors took me about 3 hours as I had to totally pull a lot to get to those; and I even had some good help. Mine was a PCIII on a 2003 Honda 600RR...just something to keep in mind.

Sorry I can't help, but that was not a easy task and I even needed help and do a lot of basic stuff. You may want to think of checking out TFOG on this board and get the pros to do it because this may not be as easy as you think. Main harness PC and takes 5-10 mins, but most PC V connect to injectors so you are looking at taking off gas tank and everything under till you get down to injectors
    Bulldog's Motto: F*ck around and I'm going to bite you!!!

It's not too bad. I wouldn't have time to help until the weekend after next but overall pretty easy and fun job. What bike?

Quote Originally Posted by vort3xr6 View Post
    It's not too bad. I wouldn't have time to help until the weekend after next but overall pretty easy and fun job. What bike?
    Really depends on the bike and since he never said, it is hard to tell that. Free booze and toke for you then!

I'll take the toke though if you are not game

So how the fitness going Vort3xr6? Mainly asking because I have learned a lot on HCG is the last year, so am pretty knowledgeable about it now.
    Last edited by bulldog; Mon Jun 2nd, 2014 at 12:08 PM.

Board Newbie

Hey there, I got time and tools and garage space and I'm out near centennial.

The PC5, iirc, doesn't do the injector wires, but just piggybacks the ecu. Some argue the older harder to install ones were better, but the installation issues were their biggest issue as an aftermarket firm.

Quote Originally Posted by zukeru View Post

Parts, Exhaust Kit, Pre-Mapped Power Commander V, and IRC
    Sato Cutless Sliders, and Carbon fiber engine covers.

Just pm me if you'd be willing to help. I'm ordering the exhaust in 7 days and it will probably take 7 days to arrive.

Thanks in advance there might be some free booze and toke involved in the process if your interested.

just curious what made you decide on a set of cutless sliders? If bike goes down. Those will more likely bend or snap and not saving your bike much in comparison to cut fairing and bolt onto frame conventional sliders.

Quote Originally Posted by mdub View Post
    just curious what made you decide on a set of cutless sliders? If bike goes down. Those will more likely bend or snap and not saving your bike much in comparison to cut fairing and bolt onto frame conventional sliders.
    I have to agree....seen a lot of those snap and not do much in a crash. It is why I ended up cutting my 600RR fairings...as scary as that was.

Not to mention I have personally tested cut fairing more than I have wanted to in a crash and they saved my fairings.

Cool to hear your PC5 is not to injectors....should be easy then!

Huge Member Site Admin Mother Goose's Avatar

I went down at the track with no cuts and it was fine.
    Chadwick
    MRA #825

"You live more for five minutes going fast on a bike like that, than other people do in all of their life." - Marco Simoncelli

Quote Originally Posted by Mother Goose View Post
    Yeah bit why risk it just for looks and to be lazy

That can be a costly risk if they fail!

Some good reads on them failing:
    http://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=235117
    http://www.kawasakimotorcycle.org/fo...e-sliders.html

Says it best:
    Cut sliders have a better reputation of protecting the bike because they use existing frame mounts (meaning that the sliders are installed where there are existing bolts that mount the frame to the engine). The advantage of utilizing existing mounting points is that the sliders are more likely to hold up (keep their position) if the bike is layed down. "No cut" sliders typically mount on the frame with some type of extra hardware that "wraps" around the frame. By mounting something on the frame like that, there is a greater possibility of the hardware failing or simply "twisting" around the frame if the frame is round (like the 650R) when the slider is stressed.
    Last edited by bulldog; Thu Jun 5th, 2014 at 03:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
    Yeah bit why risk it just for looks and to be lazy

That can be a costly risk if they fail!

Some good reads on them failing:
    http://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=235117
    http://www.kawasakimotorcycle.org/fo...e-sliders.html

Says it best:
    Cut sliders have a better reputation of protecting the bike because they use existing frame mounts (meaning that the sliders are installed where there are existing bolts that mount the frame to the engine). The advantage of utilizing existing mounting points is that the sliders are more likely to hold up (keep their position) if the bike is layed down. "No cut" sliders typically mount on the frame with some type of extra hardware that "wraps" around the frame. By mounting something on the frame like that, there is a greater possibility of the hardware failing or simply "twisting" around the frame if the frame is round (like the 650R) when the slider is stressed.
    Costly risk if you fuck up your fairings cutting it.
    Chadwick
    MRA #825

"You live more for five minutes going fast on a bike like that, than other people do in all of their life." - Marco Simoncelli

Costly risk if you fuck up your fairings cutting it.
    Measure twice, cut once...seriously the "laser trick" or "playdoo trick" is hard to mess up.

Playdo:
    http://www.r1-forum.com/forums/archi...p/t-33751.html

Laser:
    http://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=69826

Measure twice, cut once...seriously the "laser trick" or "playdoo trick" is hard to mess up.

Playdo:
    http://www.r1-forum.com/forums/archi...p/t-33751.html

Laser:
    http://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=69826
    And where mine are located, cutting the fairings isn't worth it, so there's always that.
    Chadwick
    MRA #825

Really depends on the bike and since he never said, it is hard to tell that. Free booze and toke for you then!

I'll take the toke though if you are not game

So how the fitness going Vort3xr6? Mainly asking because I have learned a lot on HCG is the last year, so am pretty knowledgeable about it now.
    I will neither confirm nor deny toking acceptance.

No-cut sliders aren't bad. Some of the newer designs have extremely strong brackets that attach in multiple places. 4 years ago the no cut sliders were a joke. I think now they are much better.

Fitness has been on hold the past few year. Just got back surgery on Monday to cure an old injury which was preventing me from any hard physical exertion. Very excited to jump back into fitness after I am all healed up. HCG was the shit.

Wow.. Impressive.

I'm still not sold. I'll stick with what I have.

Quote Originally Posted by vort3xr6 View Post
    I will neither confirm nor deny toking acceptance.

No-cut sliders aren't bad. Some of the newer designs have extremely strong brackets that attach in multiple places. 4 years ago the no cut sliders were a joke. I think now they are much better.

Fitness has been on hold the past few year. Just got back surgery on Monday to cure an old injury which was preventing me from any hard physical exertion. Very excited to jump back into fitness after I am all healed up. HCG was the shit.
    Ask Wicky......I do not smoke......only vaporize; smoking is primitive!
    !

Very true, they may have been improved over the years. I was only saying something in case zukeru was not aware of the issues and I would always appreciate people telling me prior to doing the work in case I did change my mind. If anything just google the brand you are going to use and check for reviews.

Dang sorry to hear about the back surgery man; I know those sucks bad. I broke my hip and that messed up my back and is what got me a lot into working out so much; strengthening core. I tried chiropractors for years and then finally got a recommendation to go see a Physical Therapist and that did more for me than anything else ever did. Well if you do get back into it, maybe send me a PM because I see now that places around town now offer HCG and most insurances will cover it. If you are interested and want to know more shoot me a PM.

Wow.. Impressive.

I'm still not sold. I'll stick with what I have.
    Everyone has their preference. Just stating my experience with the ones I have. It's gone down 3 times, and never an issue. 1 lowside at Turn 6 @ HPR, a small highside on cold tires/wet street lines (very slow), and a long slide by the previous owner.
    Chadwick
    MRA #825

Well if you do get back into it, maybe send me a PM because I see now that places around town now offer HCG and most insurances will cover it. If you are interested and want to know more shoot me a PM.
    Wait a second! Weren't you totally against it when he and I were doing it?
    Last edited by Mother Goose; Fri Jun 6th, 2014 at 08:39 AM.
    Chadwick
    MRA #825

Wait a second! Weren't you totally against it when he and I were doing it?
    Well I am still not a believer in it for weight loss, but it usually points to a different issue, and that is basically what it is being used for properly now. Under treatment of a doctor it can work in conjunction with other treatments. HCG has basically been proven to work, but not really that much for weight loss, but more to help men's natural production of testosterone not get interfered by outside influences.....for example every overweight male has a increase in estrogen over a normal weight man. Increase in estrogen in men can cause a lot of issues....the main one is cancer (as high as a 70% increase to get cancer)! For weight loss, it really is just your body's testosterone is higher which leads to greater muscle and faster fat burning. The HCG just fools your body to keep producing testosterone! Hence it can be very harmful if not done right.....so I'd rather help you guys since I do understand the side effects of messing with hormones. Sheesh, why you got to bring up the past Wicky!

Sheesh, why you got to bring up the past Wicky!
    Just don't pass me on the right. Ohhhhh!!

Chadwick
    MRA #825

I wen't with the cutless because I didn't want to cut into the fairings and from what I read the SATO ones weren't to bad. I figure if I go down I don't think sliders are much gonna matter anyways lol..

I also ended up getting the GB slider covers for the engine clutch and alternator cases as well as some swing arm sliders. Still waiting on the exhaust to come in.

I really wanted the carbon fiber engine covers but eh it doesn't help no one has them literally. Everyone is out, so I just went with the more practical ones. Oh and I have a 2012 CBR1000RR.

Anyone know where to get a good deal on JPR or ASV Shorty levers or Sato adjustable Rear sets?

I wen't with the cutless because I didn't want to cut into the fairings and from what I read the SATO ones weren't to bad. I figure if I go down I don't think sliders are much gonna matter anyways lol..

I also ended up getting the GB slider covers for the engine clutch and alternator cases as well as some swing arm sliders. Still waiting on the exhaust to come in.

I really wanted the carbon fiber engine covers but eh it doesn't help no one has them literally. Everyone is out, so I just went with the more practical ones. Oh and I have a 2012 CBR1000RR.

Anyone know where to get a good deal on JPR or ASV Shorty levers or Sato adjustable Rear sets?
    Well just remember frame sliders were never meant to protect your fairings, but your frame! This is why they feel the bolt going straight into the engine mount is better. Cutless may be good, but I doubt anyone can really argue non-cut are not superior for frame protection just because of the bolt going into engine mount. Just comes down to personal preferences I guess of what is more important.

Check out FP Racing levers too. They are made in the US and have a lifetime warranty.
    Chadwick
    MRA #825

Any good deals youve seen around on them? Also do they have gold im kinda doing a red black gold theme.