Thread: Built in Garage Door Opener

Built in Garage Door Opener

Since it was a blah day today I decided to install an automatic garage door opener on my wife's bike. It works awesome! I drilled a small hole in the dash panel of the bike and installed a momentary switch/button. Ran some 22 gague wire to the back and soldered it to the transmitter which is stored under the seat. A few zip ties I was done! Nice and easy and cool as hell!

Here is the webpage were I got the idea... http://www.svrider.com/tips/garagedoor.htm
    2003 Triumph E85 Ethanol Powered

Killer Idea!!!

Making the world a safer place, through Psychokinesis
    This moment brought to you in part by WWW.BOXHEAD.US

Great idea. I think I know what I'm doing Monday
    Kim & Dean
    60th Anniversary R6 - '16 R1M

The switch that I used is available at Radio Shack -

http://www.radioshack.com/product.as...Fid=275%2D1549

Use the center terminal and either one of the outside terminals for wire connection. I also used liquid electric tape to water proof it and wraped it up with electric tape too.

I used the clip on the remote and attached it to the rubber bungee around the tool kit so the remote does not slide around.

On my bike I am going to try to find a double throw momentary switch so I can open either garage door since my transmitter can open 2 doors. If anyone finds one, please post it here.
    2003 Triumph E85 Ethanol Powered

great idea!!!!
    If guns kill people then i can blame my pencil for mis-spelled words!!!! (Larry the cable guy)

that is awesome! here is what I use because I have a hard time drilling holes in my bike

http://www.aerostich.com/isroot/ride...ges/1436li.jpg

you can get it from aerostich or places like sears, its 1.5 " x 0.5 " x 2.5 ", very small its uspposed to be on the key chain, I velcro it to a convenient place inside the fairing, my roomate actually uses the same thing but she keeps it on the key chain, either way it works great!

-al
    CSBA #410 CO chapter officer
    RC51 (the faster scratched up one)
    hozerking.blogspot.com

Without pain, without sacrifice, we would have nothing.
    -Tyler Durden (Fight Club)

There was a post on the R6 Messagenet where a guy wired it into his horn button. I am probably going to do that mod. Everytime I ride into my alley I hit the horn anyway, may as well have it open the garage door too.

Quote Originally Posted by RockyR6
    There was a post on the R6 Messagenet where a guy wired it into his horn button. I am probably going to do that mod. Everytime I ride into my alley I hit the horn anyway, may as well have it open the garage door too.
    I just read about someone wiring it into their high-beams so all you need to do is flash your high beams and it enrgizes the garage door opener!

I'd be willing to do that vs the horn cause I already have to be carefull with the noise from the RC in the neighborhood... esspecially when I'm comming home late. The horn might be a bit too much for my neighbors.

-al
    CSBA #410 CO chapter officer
    RC51 (the faster scratched up one)
    hozerking.blogspot.com

Without pain, without sacrifice, we would have nothing.
    -Tyler Durden (Fight Club)

I could deffinitaly use that. I get tired of haveing to get off the bike walk up to the number pad punch it in and then walk the bike in. good idea.
    Knee2Ground Racing