Thread: DMV

DMV

So I had to pull out my ID for drinks the other day and just realized my license expires on my bday next week...lame...anyways which one has the shortest lines...I live in Arvada and usually go to the one on like 20th and Pierce and it always sucks. Thoughts????
    05 SV 650-New baby
    01 Buell Blast-1st bike

Re: DMV

if you are ever in the Highlands Ranch area go to the one on County line and Broadway in the shopping center of Waffle House right behind Ford. Anytime of the day is good and they Won't hold you for more than 15-20 minutes
    www.mo-door.com
    https://64degreeracing.com/

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR (Always say I'm done riding but the results state that I lied... )

That might be worth a ride just to avoid waiting!
    05 SV 650-New baby
    01 Buell Blast-1st bike

I went to renew mine two weeks ago and they had me there for 5 minutes literally lol
    www.mo-door.com
    https://64degreeracing.com/

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR (Always say I'm done riding but the results state that I lied... )

The key is to be there before they open! Mine opens at 7:30, but doors to the office open at 7:15. Get there about 7:15 and there may be one or two people in front of you, but when they open the doors there is usually more than one agent so you walk right up to one. Works every time for me at the one off Prince street in Littleton!
    Bulldog's Motto: F*ck around and I'm going to bite you!!!

Gold Member Yearly Supporter Sully's Avatar

You may be able to renew it on line if it's not too late?

I looked into that but I havent been to the eye doctor in the last 3 years...
    05 SV 650-New baby
    01 Buell Blast-1st bike

I had the same thing happen. I renewed online and I think I was a month expired. I just did it to see if it would work and it did!

Got my new license a week later.
    Mo-Door.com - Contact me for CSC pricing

Mo-Door on: Twitter Facebook

I had great success by going in 10 minutes before they closed at the Golden Driver License Office when I moved to Colorado and had to get a CO DL. There was no real line and they were motivated to leave so I was out of there in 11 minutes. This included the eye test.
    2006 SV650S Blue

Pretty sure you can renew it online.

Otherwise it's a short wait. Took me 15 minutes to get a new license (new address) last summer. They queue based on what you're there for so a license renewal is super short... want to register a car or bike? Count on being there over an hour.
    "If not us, who? If not now, when?"

Since I live down the street from this one, I went a week ago when I got my truck and exactly what bulldog said. I got there at 7:30 and I was out 19 mins later. One person was in front of me.

If you can't get there this early, the County Line and Broadway one almost looks vacant if you didn't know it was there. Best two options right here.
    Erich-
    2004 SV650S - 8K miles - SOLD
    2003 SV1000S - 15K miles - My new love!

I did hear that gov Hickenlooper is trying to shorten DMV times...

DENVER — During his two terms as mayor, John Hickenlooper made good on a campaign promise and lowered the cost of parking at meters downtown.
    Now, as governor, the former restauranteur is latching on to another potentially crowd-pleasing idea, improving customer service at Colorado DMV offices.
    “You talk to us in two or three years from now, people are going to be just dying to renew their driver’s licenses,” Hickenlooper told FOX31 Denver Thursday afternoon as he toured the DMV office in Lakewood, where the state’s new “Wait Less” program is being piloted.
    The program will institute new computerized check-in kiosks like the ones used at airports that will reduce lines and let multiple people check in at the same time. Residents will also be able to schedule appointments online just as customers do at Apple retail stores.
    Barbara Brohl, Director of the Dept. of Revenue, said more upgrades are likely once the kiosks are in place.
    “We should soon be able to help our customers change addresses, register to vote and renew online at the kiosks,” Brohl said. “We also hope to add customer text message notifications, so people can avoid waiting on site. With a text message, they can be called back just in time to be at the front of the line.”
    The “Wait Less” kiosks are already in place at the Lakewood office and will be introduced at the Denver Central Driver’s License office by summer and at 11 other DMV offices by the end of the year.
    “If we can cut the wait times, people are going to be happier, the people around them are going to be happier,” Hickenlooper said. “If we can do that in enough different places, people will start to believe in government again.”

http://kdvr.com/2012/03/15/hickenloo...mv-wait-times/
    Last edited by bulldog; Fri Jun 6th, 2014 at 07:55 AM.
    Bulldog's Motto: F*ck around and I'm going to bite you!!!

You can also make an appointment. Or pretend that you did.....