Thread: Track day June 6

Track day June 6

You people missed out!! My friend and I have the whole track to ourselves during the bike session. Only two cars here too.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

Re: Track day June 6

Sounds like you guys had the place to yourselves. 76 cars at HPR today.
    No doubt about the future, No regrets about the past!

Quote Originally Posted by hcr25 View Post
    Crap! woulda been great day. I am trying for next thurs. evening again, see if I can make more than one session without "breaking".

Quote Originally Posted by hcr25 View Post
    Yep we did it was very nice and a bit surreal to he the only bikes on track. The only car was a GT3 doing some laps. So a total of three people on track today.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

O.k. well I'm just about done uploading a video of the track day. Be forewarned it's not great footage, mainly just of the cockpit of the bike and my shifting and throttle usage. That being said, it was a great day, got some good pics, some footage and better yet. After 7 years of being away from the track got to get back to the track!!

Also our lap times were horrendous but we did managed to shave our times down from the beginning. We did four sessions, with session two being our quickest. Which is what I'll be uploading. I can't believe how much speed I've lost over these years but it was starting to come back as the day went on. Our slowest lap time a 2:07.4 with our quickest being a 1:57.6 and I'm sure the next lap after the 1:57 would have been a little quicker but that's when Eli ran off the track and I slowed down as I saw a dust cloud as I was coming out of turn 7. He didn't go down and managed to ride it out.

The 1:57.6 is a far cry from our best of 1:41 but we haven't been on track in 7 years, had less than stellar tires and we're older(HAHA!!) I'm sure we'll be getting the lap times to drop next go around. We lucked out in being the only bikes at Pueblo yesterday. Which was excellent as it gave us the chance to get adjusted to riding the track again, burn up what was left of our tires, learn the new turn 10 as well. No pressure from other riders and it was just myself and him to push each other along as the day went by. All in all I was pleased to scrub off 10 seconds from our initial hot laps. Progress was made..

Here's some pics.. Only one car ran, thought the BMW was going to run. Just the Porsche went out..

Last edited by The Black Knight; Sat Jun 7th, 2014 at 07:02 PM.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

O.k. here's the video. Session 2

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"