Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Has anyone converted over to LED headlights yet?

Senior Member Yearly Supporter Generic's Avatar

Re: Has anyone converted over to LED headlights yet?

I was eyeing these the other day - http://stores.advmonster.com/led-lights/ sounds like the ADV guys like them
    2005 Kawasaki Z750S

Senior Member Moderator

The Denali lighting systems at twistedthrottle.com have been getting rave reviews. If I had an ADV I'd throw a set of them on.

Quote Originally Posted by Clovis View Post
    Have you considered adding some LED Auxiliary lights? About 2 1/2 months ago I added these to my FJR and they're great!

http://ledrider.com/

It's a small business and the owner lives in Centennial and installed the lights for me. We hooked them up to a relay so the lights are on their dim setting (still pretty damn bright) for day-time riding and when I flick the high beams they instantly go to full power.

They were absolutely invaluable on my Saddle Sore ride (1005 miles in 24 hours that had 3 1/2 hours of night riding as well as my recent trip to the Black Hills with my wife a couple weeks ago.

I ordered brackets from another FJR forum member who machines them for something like $40 and the lights themselves were around $160 or 170 as I recall.

On full power they're roughly 2 1/2 times as bright as my stock FJR high-beams all while drawing something paltry like 13 watts per light.

Justin (the owner of LEDrider) also makes a larger version that he uses in conjuction with these on his FJR. He likes to do a lot of night riding and he says the setup turns night into day.
    I agree that adding purpose built LED lights is probably the better way. I have been looking at this for the Hyper. The stock headlight is not great. The fact that he lives in Centennial as I do is nice. I will definitely check him out first.
    2010 Ducati Hypermotard 796