Thread: A couple laps around PMP in a Jeep SRT8 and a BMW S1000RR

A couple laps around PMP in a Jeep SRT8 and a BMW S1000RR

Taken Thursday!

Both the Jeep and the BMW are stock as far as performance mods go. Had the time of my life out there! The Jeep is actually far better on the track than I was expecting, it's quite capable. Unfortunately driving it fast meant sliding it around a lot. You really can't tell in the video, but it needed the back end out going into turns, and out of them. While I had no trouble keeping up with the other cars out there, I was driving at 100%, they were, well, not. Except for the blue Miata I passed early on, that kid was giving it all that 120hp car had! The stock suspension is definitely my biggest set back, it is way too soft for track duty, even though it's a fairly stiff setup from the factory. If I was going to keep this for track duty, I'd lower it again, add the poly sway-bar end links again, and put better rotors on it. After about 5-6 laps my brakes were smoking, however they never lost performance, I was still able to trigger anti-lock, but definitely took more pedal pressure once they heated up. I also need an oil cooler, saw temps up to 285 degrees after just 6 laps. Despite getting pulled on by a 996 Turbo and the LS3 Miata, I didn't feel like it needed more power (Though it wouldn't hurt of course).

There's not much to say about the BMW, it's better in every way than I will ever be, so I can't complain at all. I am the weak link when I'm on the bike. But damn is it fun.

Re: A couple laps around PMP in a Jeep SRT8 and a BMW S1000RR

I like how you're just jamming out while running laps in the Jeep, haha. Nice job though working it through the corners. Liked the little bit of "track rage" I heard as well.

1080p worked for me on the bike vid.

Fucking love that srt!!!