Quote Originally Posted by madvlad View Post
Well with Suzuki coming in next year and Aprilia in 16' a lot of options open up and what not but I'm sure that we'll hear about contracts in the next few weeks, Yamaha may not go for Rossi and or Lorenzo again given there is so much younger talent upcoming in moto3 and moto2 as well as those that have moved up to the premier class in satellite bikes, I personally think that Yamaha will try a different approach given Rossi is nearly done and Lorenzo is showing struggle as well but this is my point of view of course given that it's all about business for factories and after how Rossi and Honda finished their relationship I highly doubt they'll go for him again... As far as Marquez goes it's also the fact that his brake points are soooo much later than everyone else's and he starts to gain ground there... He had a few close calls but that kid definitely has some major balls ... good to see Pedrosa smiling again after somewhat of a weird start to his season.
Yep for sure with Suzuki and Aprilia coming back more seats will be available. Be nice if Kawasaki ever decided to return as well. More manufactures, means more seats and more bikes on the grid. I also think we'll see more parity between the bikes in 2016 once the standard ECU becomes compulsory. Until then, it will be the top 4 machines winning.

There is some speculation that Suzuki want Dovi or Pedrosa but also Eugene Laverty has done some testing with them and really enjoyed the bike. I would think Suzuki will have an easier time securing good riders vs. Aprilia.

I don't know about Yamaha discarding both Rossi and Lorenzo. Yeah the talent is there in Moto3 and Moto2 but then again it isn't. Look at Pol Espargaro, last years Moto2 champ. He really hasn't done much, granted he's on a Tech3 but hasn't produced results that are on par with Crutchlow of last year. Yes he's beating his teammate which is good for a rookie. Looking at Moto2 though, you've got mainly Vinales, Salom and Rabat. Kallio already had a chance in MotoGP. Corsi can't be consistent. The minor stars in Moto2, i.e. Folger, Aegeter, Luthi all shine but only just. I think Moto3 has some of the best talent yet but they are all very young and it would be dangerous slamming one of them on a 260hp rocket ship compared to their 125cc machines.

I think it will be 2016 and beyond before we see some real good contenders show up in the premiere class. Marquez is just getting started, Pedrosa and Lorenzo ain't old(yet), Rossi still wants two more(and by his performance this year, deserves it), Espargaro 1 & 2 are really good but need better kit. Dovi still has it and I think Hayden still has it. Crutchlow should go back to WSBK(he sucks, never really cared for him).

Honestly if I had to pool from riders that offer more I'd have to go with riders from WSBK. E. Laverty would be awesome, Baz is insane, hell even Sykes may do some damage. Guintoli, Giuliano, Davies are getting up there but would do alright I think. Can't forget Johnny Rea(a beast at Assen). Haslem, Camier, and a host of other riders that I think would do well. Of all I mentioned the only one who I think could do well against Marquez would be Baz on the right machine. Baz is crazy when he rides. Melandri might even do well on a 2016 standard ECU bike(though that might be a stretch).

I'll agree with you about business is business and Honda is all about doing "good" business. Which is why it wouldn't surprise me if they snag Rossi. It would be primarily from a business standpoint and would pay off monetarily. They have their young hitman for the next several years. Why not send the old King out with a bang?? Anything is possible, which is why I love the silly season speculation. The what if's are almost as good as the endgame when riders do actually sign.

If I were a gambling man, I'd place money on both ways for Rossi. I think the Yamaha deal is more concrete but wouldn't rule out some out of left field signing with Repsol Honda. It's Pedrosa and Lorenzo's futures that are a bit more cloudy. Can't see Lorenzo going to Honda just to play #2 and get his teeth kicked in by Marquez, plus the bike isn't really developed for his high corner speed style. Also Rossi said it himself, that Lorenzo doesn't like to lose or come in 2nd and that's exactly what would happen over at Honda for Lorenzo. Pedrosa could go either way, stays with Honda or goes to Suzuki where he knows he'll be the #1, that means even if Dovi goes to Suzuki, Dovi will be #2. He's not fast enough for Pedrosa or to take the #1 spot at Suzuki.

Lastly, can't believe I'm saying it but I'd love to see Stoner come back just to see what might transpire with him on the grid. Never hated him, in fact loved his outright speed. Just hated his attitude. With Stoner back things could get hairy quick.