Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1sRUZ9p4oYQ

Oh yes it is that time of year again!!

Can't wait!! looks good
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare

Anyone playing this? Just picked it up for PS4.....haven't even played it yet as stuck at work. Got to sharpen up my FPS skills though as been playing GTAV and UFC since I got the PS4 on Xmas.

Looks like a sick game! Can't wait
    Bulldog's Motto: F*ck around and I'm going to bite you!!!

Gold Member

Nah after ghosts and bf4 I'm truly bent on video games.

Quote Originally Posted by #1Townie View Post
    Nah after ghosts and bf4 I'm truly bent on video games.
    Damn you were the main one I figured was still battling online on Call of Duty. I've played and beat pretty much all of them, but not ghosts as I heard bad reviews on it. Advanced Warfare looks sick and has got great reviews so I am hopeful....especially on the PS4

So far I am majorly impressed with GTAV; crazy how detailed this virtual city is (and based of LA). UFC for PS4 got bad reviews, but I actually liked it; especially for the $20 yI got it for......even has Bruce Lee!

You got a PS4 Townie?
    Last edited by bulldog; Fri Jan 16th, 2015 at 10:43 AM.

Gold Member

Na, after all the bullshit last year I've really backed out of gaming. I put in some mad hours on bf but found myself stuck with a shit game.

The sad part was it could be an amazing game. It took a year to fix SOME of the major bugs but it just wasn't enough.

Kind of sad because I used to really enjoy playing. I think the downfall was mw3 when they introduced the lag to offset connection speeds. That was a big thing for me. Even black ops two was massively disappointing for me.

One of the few thing I truly enjoy about bf was you couldn't panic knife. That made a world of difference for me.

But like all change the gamers cried out about losing their slash capabilities. Whatever. Fps is just about kill farming now days. No one plays the objectives. Everyone is too worried about their kpm or kd.

Its a joke.

Na, after all the bullshit last year I've really backed out of gaming. I put in some mad hours on bf but found myself stuck with a shit game.

The sad part was it could be an amazing game. It took a year to fix SOME of the major bugs but it just wasn't enough.

Kind of sad because I used to really enjoy playing. I think the downfall was mw3 when they introduced the lag to offset connection speeds. That was a big thing for me. Even black ops two was massively disappointing for me.

One of the few thing I truly enjoy about bf was you couldn't panic knife. That made a world of difference for me.

But like all change the gamers cried out about losing their slash capabilities. Whatever. Fps is just about kill farming now days. No one plays the objectives. Everyone is too worried about their kpm or kd.

Its a joke.
    I feel you man...I mainly play the one player story modes now. I used to be all into online playing and actually my cousin and I got up to top 5 in Halo (two player teams), but it got to be where there were so many cheaters it pissed me off: I'd snipe a guy in their head 3 times and they would not die or they figured out glitches like jumping on places nobody else could get to and play the game like that. One day I got so angry I decided I better chill out on online gaming because I was seriously so pissed at a player and nothing I could do. That was also when people learned some weird "modem trick" which would suspend other people's game as they went around killing....so sad people want to win by cheating....don't get the satisfaction in that.

I miss the days all my buddies would come over and we would just play together; especialyl on fighting games like Mortal Combat, Tekken. Street Fighter....now all about online as seems like it can be based on connection speeds.

I'm pumped... Let's let the healing begin! Lifetime Supporter ~Barn~'s Avatar

You were probably playing against Jon Jones.
    ~Brandon~
    Aprilia RSV 1000 R Factory - "Gemma"
    MV Agusta F3 800 - "Amy Lou"
    Rattan Fat Bear Plus - "Lynda"
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

Gold Member

Hahahaha barn. Stirring the pot.

Yeah black ops was by far my favorite online game. The mW series was the best campaigns I ever played. Would love to see those games go Hollywood.

I didn't even finish ghosts campaign. I got to the part where you fly a hell and it was just pathetic compared to bf. It made me sad.

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
    Anyone playing this? Just picked it up for PS4.....haven't even played it yet as stuck at work. Got to sharpen up my FPS skills though as been playing GTAV and UFC since I got the PS4 on Xmas.

Looks like a sick game! Can't wait
    I have it for both PS3/PS4 platforms. On PS3 it is really bad. Not very clear and concise. Has lots of bugs in it and plenty of "wall hack" places that still need patching.

On the PS4 however, it's an amazing game. Way more vivid than on the PS3 and the gameplay(online) is good. Seems that there are more patches for the PS4, meaning you don't find many wall hack areas and less glitched out areas of maps. I noticed that the PS3 seems to get a little more hacked out than the PS4 does. Could be that Sony is devoting more time and resources to the PS4 network. You see lots of "nonsense" on the PS3. The PS4 just doesn't have much of that and again I think it's because they are policing it a little bit better. Still you run into "hacked out" players and lobbies. Which where there's a will, there's a way and if people want to cheat they are going to cheat.

As far as campaigns go, this is one of the better ones to come along. Kevin Spacey is great as the villain and the story has some twists. Also, the more you upgrade your player on the Campaign, it will translate into you getting some cool stuff on Multi-player.

This is the best Call of Duty in terms of sheer customization of your player. Not everyone gets the same "in game gear" so everyone looks different. You earn different outfits and gear by doing certain challenges. There are more challenges for weapons and camos to earn as well. Basically just a lot more stuff goes on with this game than in previous COD's.

I will say this, Ghosts flat out sucked!! It was a really crappy game and I wished I hadn't spent the money for it. I honestly believed it was a huge waste of time. I still played it because I paid for it. I just didn't enjoy it much. Black Ops II was amazing compared to Ghosts. BO2 at least had an awesome Campaign and really good Multiplayer. The was the only saving grace for Ghosts was that it had a really good campaign. Ghosts multiplayer sucked, and so did their Spec-Ops two player mode. That alien nonsense caught on with exactly no one.

One thing I will say, with as good as Advanced Warfare is and it hearkens back to Modern Warfare 3 in terms of smoothness and playability. They really need to leave Zombies to Treyarch. I've seen the teaser zombie mode that's in this game, as well as teasers for the full zombie stuff to come in the DLC. Just doesn't look good and really boring. That's what saved Treyarch's bacon was their Zombies. Fact is, many people will actually buy the Black Ops games, and never even set foot in a multiplayer match. They are dedicated Zombie players and that's how serious they are about it.

You'll like the game Bulldog, just give it some time and figure out what you want to do with it and how you want to play it.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

Gold Member

What I thinknis funny is all the jumping up onto roofs. Seems they took that idea from hacked lobbies back on mw2.

You would have lobbies that if you jumped you went waaaay up into the sky. You could see other players doing the same. It was fun to try to shoot each other.

Gold Member

Hey in case you guys ever wondered what the ak pistol looked like to shoot at night. You might remember this gun as the ak74u.

I am kind of ashamed to say I did not try the game yet; I tend to get into one game and try to finish it and dang GTAV has so much on it. I did finally beat the UFC game and got the title and retired my guy….so now I should have time for a new game. Anyone want to battle me online on UFC?????….I dare you!!!! :

I just always get majorly into the Call of Duties so I know when I start, I need at least a couple hours. Glad to hear the PS4 version is better….that is exactly why I was forced to upgrade (and an awesome wife who bought it for me). I hate to play games that are not as good as the higher models and happened to me on PS2 and many times before. Sure it is Sony’s trick, but damn I got to have the best when it comes to gaming and so far the PS4 has not disappointed me.

One of my greatest accomplishments in gaming has been beating a Call of Duty on veteran mode; I’d never do it again as soooo hard, but at time I was determined. Was like one hit and I was dead!

Looking forward to the game now especially hearing the campaign mode is great; that is always my major concern as the internet play is not so important to me. …saw Kevin Spacey on back of game so happy to find out he plays a big role in the game……I’ve actually said my next show to watch is his “House of Cards” on Netflix (after I finish Orange is the new Black)

Black Knight you a big gamer? I have been since a small kid and have literally beat hundreds if not thousands of games in my life. Even won one of those “game competitions” back in the day; that as for Super Mario Bros 3

P.S. Townie come on, get a PS4 and get back into it. I go in phases and stop for a while then get back into myself…but some great games out now. My PS4 came with one called “The Last of Us” that won tons of awards.

What I thinknis funny is all the jumping up onto roofs. Seems they took that idea from hacked lobbies back on mw2.

You would have lobbies that if you jumped you went waaaay up into the sky. You could see other players doing the same. It was fun to try to shoot each other.
    That is what happened in Halo; first to get the sniper rifle and do the "jump trick" won the game because they would sit there and snipe and no way to get them. To me it was a p*ssy way to win and I could never get why people get satisfaction of winning from cheating. To be the best you do it without cheating and then it is so much more rewarding!
    Last edited by bulldog; Mon Jan 19th, 2015 at 08:13 AM.

Black Knight you a big gamer? I have been since a small kid and have literally beat hundreds if not thousands of games in my life. Even won one of those “game competitions” back in the day; that as for Super Mario Bros 3
    Not really. Only games I have are Call of Duty games. Nothing else really interests me in terms of gaming. Call of Duty for me is just about having fun, talking smack, blowing sh*t up and max body count. I have Modern Warfare 2, Black Ops, MW3, Black Ops 2, Ghosts and Advanced Warfare. I got into online gaming with Black Ops, but everyone raved about how good MW2's campaign was so I snagged it to see if it lived up to the hype. For the most part it did, the campaign was longer than most and had a really good story line.

Aside from multiplayer gaming, I've always been into playing the campaigns and probably more than most people:

Modern Warfare 2 - 3 full campaigns, Regular, Hardened and Veteran modes
    Black Ops - 4 full campaigns, Regular, 2 Hardened and Veteran modes
    Modern Warfare 3 - 10 full campaigns, 1 Recruit, 1 Regular, 7 Hardened, 3 Veteran modes <------seriously dedicated to finding all intel, which is why I did 10 Campaigns.
    Black Ops 2 - 4 full campaigns, 1 Regular, 2 Hardened, 1 Veteran
    Ghosts - 2 full campaigns, 1 Regular, 1 Hardened
    Advanced Warfare - 2 campaigns, 1 Regular, 1 Hardened.

Hey, were you that kid in "The Wizard" that did his cross country campaign to get to a tournament of pros to play the new Super Mario Bros. 3??
    Last edited by The Black Knight; Mon Jan 19th, 2015 at 10:21 AM. Reason: typo on the word "kid"
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    Not really. Only games I have are Call of Duty games. Nothing else really interests me in terms of gaming. Call of Duty for me is just about having fun, talking smack, blowing sh*t up and max body count. I have Modern Warfare 2, Black Ops, MW3, Black Ops 2, Ghosts and Advanced Warfare. I got into online gaming with Black Ops, but everyone raved about how good MW2's campaign was so I snagged it to see if it lived up to the hype. For the most part it did, the campaign was longer than most and had a really good story line.

Aside from multiplayer gaming, I've always been into playing the campaigns and probably more than most people:

Modern Warfare 3 - 10 full campaigns, 1 Recruit, 1 Regular, 7 Hardened, 3 Veteran modes <------seriously dedicated to finding all intel, which is why I did 10 Campaigns.

Hey, were you that kind in "The Wizard" that did his cross country campaign to get to a tournament of pros to play the new Super Mario Bros. 3??
    Hahahahaha bro on their way to California they drive by a black vw bug turned into a giant black widow. That's just outside my home town. Lol! I loved that movie.

I might get the ps4 after not too long but I'm not going to lie I have no time for cod. The shit talking. The little kids who have fucked my mother. The ghetto trash/white trash. Part of why I like bf. You can only talk to the guys of your squad.
    Last edited by #1Townie; Mon Jan 19th, 2015 at 09:40 AM.

Hey, were you that kind in "The Wizard" that did his cross country campaign to get to a tournament of pros to play the new Super Mario Bros. 3??
    Holy Sh*t Black Knight....you are a Call of Duty baddass for sure! I was so proud of my one "veteran" campaign win and you have done multiple...you must either be really good at FPS or spent a lot of time to do this...either way impressive

I've always been in to all types of games. Started with simple NES games like Super Mario Bros, Contra, RC-Pro Am, Mike Tysons Punch Out, Zelda, etc. Next came the Sega and was into games like Sonic the hedgehog, Altered Beats, Double Dragon, Streets of Rage, Golden Axe, NBA Jam....then the fighter games were released that changed it all for me because that is what were at the arcades; Street Fighter and Mortal Combat. My mom used to give me $2 in quarters so if I wanted that to last I had to take over those arcade games; winner stays, loser is done and has to pay. So I basically got obbsessed with fighting games because the arcade was the place to be when I was young. For years I ruled those games in my town...now arcades barely exist for those type of games.

I play everything though from Gran Turismo's, to GTA, to sport games. FPS will still be one of my all time favorites as been playing those since the DOOM days and Castle Woflensteins. Halo got me into the online playing and did that for many years till the cheaters took over. So now same as you, I like just the single player campaign modes so I don't have to deal with cheaters, annoying people talking smack, or not being able to pause. When I was high up on Halo boards I found that playing became more of a job than fun and people took it way too serious when we lost; totally re-thought what games should be....fun.

I did love that movie "The Wizard" and watched it a bunch of times. Yeah that was what made me enter a competition, but it was nowhere as big as that as I grew up in a small town. I did go out and buy that "PowerGlove" from that movie and felt it was the biggest waste of money ever!

Hahahahaha bro on their way to California they drive by a black vw bug turned into a giant black widow. That's just outside my home town. Lol! I loved that movie.

I might get the ps4 after not too long but I'm not going to lie I have no time for cod. The shit talking. The little kids who have fucked my mother. The ghetto trash/white trash. Part of why I like bf. You can only talk to the guys of your squad.
    Yup that kid was totally like me and "Fred Savage" was my best friend that was always amazed how good I was at games and set it up and even took me to the competition....I was amazed I won first place. Although saying that, I will say I used to think I was the best at video games, but online play and guys like Black Knight (beating hardened and veteran modes of COD) has humbled me and shown me there are people way better than me and in a national comp I'd get destroyed.

I feel you man on the annoying "trash talk" that goes on; all while hiding in there house. It is cool more games are offering the "co-op" story mode. Maybe one day we could do one of those together and avoid the others....I'll have to check if new COD has that; know GTAV does, but never tried it
    Last edited by bulldog; Mon Jan 19th, 2015 at 10:16 AM.

Holy Sh*t Black Knight....you are a Call of Duty baddass for sure! I was so proud of my one "veteran" campaign win and you have done multiple...you must either be really good at FPS or spent a lot of time to do this...either way impressive

I've always been in to all types of games. Started with simple NES games like Super Mario Bros, Contra, RC-Pro Am, Mike Tysons Punch Out, Zelda, etc. Next came the Sega and was into games like Sonic the hedgehog, Altered Beats, Double Dragon, Streets of Rage, Golden Axe, NBA Jam....then the fighter games were released that changed it all for me because that is what were at the arcades; Street Fighter and Mortal Combat. My mom used to give me $2 in quarters so if I wanted that to last I had to take over those arcade games; winner stays, loser is done and has to pay. So I basically got obbsessed with fighting games because the arcade was the place to be when I was young. For years I ruled those games in my town...now arcades barely exist for those type of games.

I play everything though from Gran Turismo's, to GTA, to sport games. FPS will still be one of my all time favorites as been playing those since the DOOM days and Castle Woflensteins. Halo got me into the online playing and did that for many years till the cheaters took over. So now same as you, I like just the single player campaign modes so I don't have to deal with cheaters, annoying people talking smack, or not being able to pause. When I was high up on Halo boards I found that playing became more of a job than fun and people took it way too serious when we lost; totally re-thought what games should be....fun.

I did love that movie "The Wizard" and watched it a bunch of times. Yeah that was what made me enter a competition, but it was nowhere as big as that as I grew up in a small town. I did go out and buy that "PowerGlove" from that movie and felt it was the biggest waste of money ever!

Yup that kid was totally like me and "Fred Savage" was my best friend that was always amazed how good I was at games and set it up and even took me to the competition....I was amazed I won first place. Although saying that, I will say I used to think I was the best at video games, but online play and guys like Black Knight (beating hardened and veteran modes of COD) has humbled me and shown me there are people way better than me and in a national comp I'd get destroyed.

I feel you man on the annoying "trash talk" that goes on; all while hiding in there house. It is cool more games are offering the "co-op" story mode. Maybe one day we could do one of those together and avoid the others....I'll have to check if new COD has that; know GTAV does, but never tried it
    LOL!! not really a COD badass. Just always loved the Campaigns of the games. Like you, I grew up as a latch key kid and being an only child as well, had my Nintendo and Sega to keep me company. I had all those NES games you mentioned. Loved Super Mario Bros, Contra was great too. I hated Zelda, never did well on that game. I was the sh*t on RC Pro Am, played that one til I just got tired and you could never beat it. The levels just kept getting faster. ExciteBike was the same way.

I had the same as you on Sega. Sonic the Hedgehog 2 will forever be my favorite game. Had Altered Beast as well, what was funny about that game is it could be beaten in less than 45 minutes. Street Fighter and MK & MKII were what got me into fighting games as well. Hands down I could go boss mode with Sub-Zero and Scorpion.

Arcades are a by gone era man. Kids these days don't even know what it means to leave their own house to go outside and play. I remember riding my bmx bike with friends over to the local arcades back in the day. You got some exercise and some gaming and then went home. Nowadays kids wouldn't do that, it's too much work for them.

As for being great at COD, I'm in my 5th year of it. Really man, I don't think I'm that good. What makes me a hard and tough player is the fact I move a lot. I'm never in the same place twice. Constantly moving around the map and pushing spawns. Even the people in my Clan hate playing against me. They know I'm all over the map at all times. It was worse when I was able to use the "Tactical Insertion" on MW3 and Black Ops 2. I would tac near enemies, so as soon as I die. I'd respawn right back in the battle and be up their face quickly. But people who abused the tac insert for boosting is what got it taken away on Ghosts and Advanced Warfare. Honestly though, with the fact you can jet pack all over the map in Advanced Warfare is nice. I don't miss the tac insert much, because I can still get back in the action quickly.

Like Townie, I hate cheaters in the games. It ruins it for the rest of the honest players. Like yesterday, I played against a guy that was ranked #4 in Hardcore Kill Confirmed and was glitched into a part of the map on Instinct. He went 50 and 8 and got the manticore bomb against us. You know what's funny?? Him and his team still didn't win. We still beat them, because my clan and I work as a team. I'm one of those players that doesn't care about my K/D ratio. I'm more worried about getting that Win for my team. You can talk all the smack in the world, and the 50/8 guy did talk sh*t to us. So I asked him, who won the game?? Which enraged him even more. But I told him, dude you can cheat all you want and glitch into a part of the map and kill us on our spawn. But if you're not getting tags and helping your team, you're not going to win. He had no rebuttal because he knew I was right. What's more devastating to a team?? Going 50 and 8 with 4 tags confirmed like him, or going 35 and 28 with 33 tags confirmed like me?? I alone can collect half of the tags required to win a match(first to 65 tags wins). So while the guy with the super awesome K/D ratio looks cool, look at his Win/Loss ratio. It's a proven fact that I win 80% of all games I play in, my Win/Loss ratio shows it.

It's a fact that even shocks my Clan. One guy was saying to me the other day, that damn dude if we played 10 games, you'll win 8 of them. I told him, I hate losing and I hate seeing my team lose. You can beat the sh*t out of me but if you don't win the war and I do, for me that's the ultimate win. It's the ultimate bragging rights.

"it ain't about how hard you can hit, it's about how hard you can get hit and keep coming back for more."
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

LOL!! not really a COD badass. Just always loved the Campaigns of the games. Like you, I grew up as a latch key kid and being an only child as well, had my Nintendo and Sega to keep me company. I had all those NES games you mentioned. Loved Super Mario Bros, Contra was great too. I hated Zelda, never did well on that game. I was the sh*t on RC Pro Am, played that one til I just got tired and you could never beat it. The levels just kept getting faster. ExciteBike was the same way.

I had the same as you on Sega. Sonic the Hedgehog 2 will forever be my favorite game. Had Altered Beast as well, what was funny about that game is it could be beaten in less than 45 minutes. Street Fighter and MK & MKII were what got me into fighting games as well. Hands down I could go boss mode with Sub-Zero and Scorpion.

Arcades are a by gone era man. Kids these days don't even know what it means to leave their own house to go outside and play. I remember riding my bmx bike with friends over to the local arcades back in the day. You got some exercise and some gaming and then went home. Nowadays kids wouldn't do that, it's too much work for them.

As for being great at COD, I'm in my 5th year of it. Really man, I don't think I'm that good. What makes me a hard and tough player is the fact I move a lot. I'm never in the same place twice. Constantly moving around the map and pushing spawns. Even the people in my Clan hate playing against me. They know I'm all over the map at all times. It was worse when I was able to use the "Tactical Insertion" on MW3 and Black Ops 2. I would tac near enemies, so as soon as I die. I'd respawn right back in the battle and be up their face quickly. But people who abused the tac insert for boosting is what got it taken away on Ghosts and Advanced Warfare. Honestly though, with the fact you can jet pack all over the map in Advanced Warfare is nice. I don't miss the tac insert much, because I can still get back in the action quickly.

Like Townie, I hate cheaters in the games. It ruins it for the rest of the honest players. Like yesterday, I played against a guy that was ranked #4 in Hardcore Kill Confirmed and was glitched into a part of the map on Instinct. He went 50 and 8 and got the manticore bomb against us. You know what's funny?? Him and his team still didn't win. We still beat them, because my clan and I work as a team. I'm one of those players that doesn't care about my K/D ratio. I'm more worried about getting that Win for my team. You can talk all the smack in the world, and the 50/8 guy did talk sh*t to us. So I asked him, who won the game?? Which enraged him even more. But I told him, dude you can cheat all you want and glitch into a part of the map and kill us on our spawn. But if you're not getting tags and helping your team, you're not going to win. He had no rebuttal because he knew I was right. What's more devastating to a team?? Going 50 and 8 with 4 tags confirmed like him, or going 35 and 28 with 33 tags confirmed like me?? I alone can collect half of the tags required to win a match(first to 65 tags wins). So while the guy with the super awesome K/D ratio looks cool, look at his Win/Loss ratio. It's a proven fact that I win 80% of all games I play in, my Win/Loss ratio shows it.

It's a fact that even shocks my Clan. One guy was saying to me the other day, that damn dude if we played 10 games, you'll win 8 of them. I told him, I hate losing and I hate seeing my team lose. You can beat the sh*t out of me but if you don't win the war and I do, for me that's the ultimate win. It's the ultimate bragging rights.

"it ain't about how hard you can hit, it's about how hard you can get hit and keep coming back for more."
    Sounds like you have been playing video games as long as me and started around the same time. I am just amazed how far they have come from back in the day. I figured they were going to evolve, but not this fast. If you compare a game like Super Mario Bros to what we have now, it is amazing! I can’t imagine what video games will be like in another 20+ years. Excitebike…forgot about that and was one of my favorites; started learning to ride dirtbikes at like 6 years old, so Excitebike was so awesome to me. Yeah I do not think that game ever ended; same with Rc-pro Am the game just kept getting harder. Funny thing is I think how we had no memory cards and either left our NES on, or started all over from beginning.

Sonic the Hedgehog really changing things up for me at that time. Coming from the NES I was amazed by the graphics of the Genesis and Sonic showed me how fast they were able to keep those graphics up.

Sad that arcades are a thing of the past now. That was where kids used to go to hang out and meet real people and make real friends. Now kids sit on their asses and make online friends that they most likely will never meet or know the true person. Same as you if I wanted to go to the arcade I got on my bike and pedaled. I saw so much of my city that way and got exercise as that is pretty much all me and my friends did; ride bikes everywhere. To me it is kind of sad what I see now because I rarely see kids doing stuff like that now.

Don't be so modest man! Seriously beating any Call of Duty on hardened or veteran is insanely hard! I remember it was basically one hit and you were dead and considering how many enemies can come at you at one moment that is impressive....take it from a guy that has played video games all my life! I've actually become a wuss nowadays and tend to keep settings on "normal" so I can just go in and have fun without the stress. I'll still always play a game till I beat it though and then maybe do it on the next harder mode. In last 10 years only game I gave up on beating was the new Twisted Metal...such a hard game. You ever played those? That game and Tekken along with them released on the Playstation change things for me all over from Sega Genesis.

During my crazy Halo days where we were determined to get #1 on two vs two my cousin had a similar strategy like you; we never cared who got the kills as long as we won. He was a expert sniper and I was always good head to head, so I would go in and he would cover me and snipe for me; worked well and we had a blast for years. Again, the cheaters ruined it for me as I hate cheaters too! I just don't get why people get satisfaction of winning when they clearly cheated...what is the victory in that (especially because no money was on the line). Basically now why I look for games with good single player story modes.
    Last edited by bulldog; Tue Jan 20th, 2015 at 08:05 AM.

New Call of Duty Announced: WWII

Appears to be more like the old school Call of Duty's that started the series....I am excited (This may be what BK likes)

P.S. Currently playing through Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare and it's not too bad; mainly in space...worth the $20 I paid.
    Last edited by bulldog; Thu Apr 27th, 2017 at 08:39 AM.

Anyone play CS:GO?

Gold Member

I've been dabbling in ark survival on the PS4. after I lost both of my dogs in December I decided to get a PS4.

Yes, I will be pre-ordering this Call of Duty. Finally!!! a COD that's worth playing again. Dude, if you spent $20 on Infinite Warfare, you spent $19.50 too much for that game. I still keep in touch with old clan members on PS4 when I jump on there from time to time. Going off of what people on YouTube say, people I used to play COD with, ain't nobody has a good thing to say about Infinite Warfare.

I saw an article on-line sometime after the new year and Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare set a record for most "returns" ever of a game. Could have been just for a Call of Duty game, or for all games the world over. Don't remember the exact detail on that, I couldn't get past laughing at how lame the new COD was. Put it this way, more people were turning the game back in for credit, than people actually buying the game new.

If those kinds of statistics didn't hit home with Activision, I don't know what would. They genuinely made an epic turd of a game with "IW".

Be honest with you, I'm so happy for a boots on ground game. I'm actually looking forward to dealing with campers and noob-tubers again. I'll take anything over that bouncing off ceilings and wall running BS that the last three games have been.

You'd think they would have learned their lesson with Black Ops 2. While being a futuristic game, it was a believable futuristic game. It still embodied the run and gun, boots on the ground mindset of all COD's. It still retained the core traits of a COD game, while pushing the envelope of a new direction. It was in my opinion, COD's last good game. The only thing that saved BLOPS 3 was the Zombies, otherwise it would rank right up there with Ghosts(especially Ghosts) and Advanced Warfare in the abortion category.

I'm being a bit hard on Advanced Warfare. I really did like and play that game. But it was the cool suits and tons of extra gun variants that kept the game good. The DLC maps weren't bad either.

I rank a Call of Duty game by how memorable the game and DLC maps are for me. I can just about tell you every map for Black Ops, Modern Warfare 3 and Black Ops 2 that came out.

I kid you not, I can only remember about three or four, maybe five maps from Ghosts. Stonehaven(gigantic map with ridiculous spawns that placed you 30 seconds out from the fighting), Hot Dog map(Strikezone I think it was called, we referred to it as Hot Dog map), Octane(only thing I remember about that is the stupid, dumbass gas station would blow up) and Prison Break(because of the huge truck log that bridged the map together in the middle). That's it, I can't remember any of the other maps. I remember playing them, but can't tell you the names. Oh, Stormfront was another one, only reason I remember that was because it was camp central. Everyone used a sniper load out and camped their asses off. Even I did, and I don't camp. It was an excruciating 8 to 10 minutes of gameplay for me.

I don't remember much of the Advanced Warfare maps, mainly the names of the maps. I remember playing the maps and enjoyed them. None though were all that memorable.

Black Ops 3 was the same. What ticks me off with Treyarch, is they like to give you an old map with a new design as part of their DLC. So basically, instead of getting 5 new maps, you get four o.k. maps and one from a previous Black Ops game(or World at War), just with a different skin on it. Talk about being cheapskates. Now, I'll admit I love Nuketown, but that's the only re-hashed map I ever want back. I don't care if I get Summit, or Firing Range, again and again and again. I think it's a real dick move by Treyarch to re-release maps from previous games. What I can give them credit for is re-releasing at least old cool maps. I don't think I could handle a re-release of Jungle or Berlin Wall, or shitty Express or Yemen.

Now, if Activision wanted to re-release Modern Warfare 3 in all it's glory, I'd be the first person in line for it. I'd gladly pay $65 for a game I already paid $65 for, just to have it again on the new PS4 platform. I'd do the same for Black Ops(1).

I have a vision for Treyarch for their next COD game. They need to stop and ditch all the campaign and multiplayer stuff and just release a full blown all or nothing Zombies game. Call of Duty: Relentless Zombies, is what I would call it. The game would have all of the original previous games(Black Ops 1, 2 & 3) Zombie maps but then the DLC maps would be all new zombie maps. I can just imagine about 30 or so Zombie maps to choose from. The only multiplayer that would in the game, is expand from 4 max players to 8 for normal zombies. And for actual multiplayer(6 vs. 6 players), I'd throw in zombie waves as well. So no more campers, cause if you camp Zombies come and get you. And they wouldn't be low level Zombie waves(levels 1 through 20, zombies are slow and in low numbers). No, the zombies I would inject into the game would me a minimum of level 35 and above. Fast movers and hard as hell to kill zombies.

In all reality that kind of game would piss a lot of people off. To deal with another team of 6 players and then zombies in relentless waves would wreck people's nerves. Myself, I would eat that kind of game up. It wouldn't be for everyone though.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

I've been dabbling in ark survival on the PS4. after I lost both of my dogs in December I decided to get a PS4.
    Owch, sorry to hear about your puppies.

Gold Member

did someone say Black ops 1? I'd buy that.

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by j0ker View Post
    Owch, sorry to hear about your puppies.
    bro I lost both of them in December. my four year old died after a serious seizure at the beginning of December. two weeks later my 12 year old had issues one morning and the vet said it was cancer and didn't even know if he'd make it two weeks. we got to celebrate one more Christmas together and then I put him down the fallowing Tuesday. it fucking sucked.