Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare

Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare

Quote Originally Posted by #1Townie View Post
    bro I lost both of them in December. my four year old died after a serious seizure at the beginning of December. two weeks later my 12 year old had issues one morning and the vet said it was cancer and didn't even know if he'd make it two weeks. we got to celebrate one more Christmas together and then I put him down the fallowing Tuesday. it fucking sucked.
    Man, that is fucking rough. Sorry. Lost one of my 125lb shepherd sisters this last year to cancer. 5 days and she was fucking gone. Fuck cancer....and Canada.

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by j0ker View Post
    Man, that is fucking rough. Sorry. Lost one of my 125lb shepherd sisters this last year to cancer. 5 days and she was fucking gone. Fuck cancer....and Canada.
    and good sir we definitely agree. fuck cancer!

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    Yes, I will be pre-ordering this Call of Duty. Finally!!! a COD that's worth playing again. Dude, if you spent $20 on Infinite Warfare, you spent $19.50 too much for that game. I still keep in touch with old clan members on PS4 when I jump on there from time to time. Going off of what people on YouTube say, people I used to play COD with, ain't nobody has a good thing to say about Infinite Warfare.

I saw an article on-line sometime after the new year and Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare set a record for most "returns" ever of a game. Could have been just for a Call of Duty game, or for all games the world over. Don't remember the exact detail on that, I couldn't get past laughing at how lame the new COD was. Put it this way, more people were turning the game back in for credit, than people actually buying the game new.

If those kinds of statistics didn't hit home with Activision, I don't know what would. They genuinely made an epic turd of a game with "IW".

Be honest with you, I'm so happy for a boots on ground game. I'm actually looking forward to dealing with campers and noob-tubers again. I'll take anything over that bouncing off ceilings and wall running BS that the last three games have been.

You'd think they would have learned their lesson with Black Ops 2. While being a futuristic game, it was a believable futuristic game. It still embodied the run and gun, boots on the ground mindset of all COD's. It still retained the core traits of a COD game, while pushing the envelope of a new direction. It was in my opinion, COD's last good game. The only thing that saved BLOPS 3 was the Zombies, otherwise it would rank right up there with Ghosts(especially Ghosts) and Advanced Warfare in the abortion category.

I'm being a bit hard on Advanced Warfare. I really did like and play that game. But it was the cool suits and tons of extra gun variants that kept the game good. The DLC maps weren't bad either.

I rank a Call of Duty game by how memorable the game and DLC maps are for me. I can just about tell you every map for Black Ops, Modern Warfare 3 and Black Ops 2 that came out.

I kid you not, I can only remember about three or four, maybe five maps from Ghosts. Stonehaven(gigantic map with ridiculous spawns that placed you 30 seconds out from the fighting), Hot Dog map(Strikezone I think it was called, we referred to it as Hot Dog map), Octane(only thing I remember about that is the stupid, dumbass gas station would blow up) and Prison Break(because of the huge truck log that bridged the map together in the middle). That's it, I can't remember any of the other maps. I remember playing them, but can't tell you the names. Oh, Stormfront was another one, only reason I remember that was because it was camp central. Everyone used a sniper load out and camped their asses off. Even I did, and I don't camp. It was an excruciating 8 to 10 minutes of gameplay for me.

I don't remember much of the Advanced Warfare maps, mainly the names of the maps. I remember playing the maps and enjoyed them. None though were all that memorable.

Black Ops 3 was the same. What ticks me off with Treyarch, is they like to give you an old map with a new design as part of their DLC. So basically, instead of getting 5 new maps, you get four o.k. maps and one from a previous Black Ops game(or World at War), just with a different skin on it. Talk about being cheapskates. Now, I'll admit I love Nuketown, but that's the only re-hashed map I ever want back. I don't care if I get Summit, or Firing Range, again and again and again. I think it's a real dick move by Treyarch to re-release maps from previous games. What I can give them credit for is re-releasing at least old cool maps. I don't think I could handle a re-release of Jungle or Berlin Wall, or shitty Express or Yemen.

Now, if Activision wanted to re-release Modern Warfare 3 in all it's glory, I'd be the first person in line for it. I'd gladly pay $65 for a game I already paid $65 for, just to have it again on the new PS4 platform. I'd do the same for Black Ops(1).

I have a vision for Treyarch for their next COD game. They need to stop and ditch all the campaign and multiplayer stuff and just release a full blown all or nothing Zombies game. Call of Duty: Relentless Zombies, is what I would call it. The game would have all of the original previous games(Black Ops 1, 2 & 3) Zombie maps but then the DLC maps would be all new zombie maps. I can just imagine about 30 or so Zombie maps to choose from. The only multiplayer that would in the game, is expand from 4 max players to 8 for normal zombies. And for actual multiplayer(6 vs. 6 players), I'd throw in zombie waves as well. So no more campers, cause if you camp Zombies come and get you. And they wouldn't be low level Zombie waves(levels 1 through 20, zombies are slow and in low numbers). No, the zombies I would inject into the game would me a minimum of level 35 and above. Fast movers and hard as hell to kill zombies.

In all reality that kind of game would piss a lot of people off. To deal with another team of 6 players and then zombies in relentless waves would wreck people's nerves. Myself, I would eat that kind of game up. It wouldn't be for everyone though.
    Figured this new version would be up your league. I'll get it for sure too as played and beat them ALL; yes every COD from begging

So far I have not felt Infinite Warfare is that bad, but only about 2 hours in now. It is different, but I do like how they give you this jet that flies into space and then you get to dogfight other jets....yeah very different from the normal FPS, but I do like airplane games so it's kept me entertained so far. Honestly with all the COD and other games I've played I get them all confused what was what and couldn't even start to tell you the COD stages as I've played so many that are similar; Battlefield, Medal of Honor, Wolfenstein, etc. Then I play all genres from fighting games, to racing, to open worlds, and pretty much anything that looks fun and I can get for a good deal on Ebay.

I actually enjoy the campaigns more than online play, but that is basically because I don't play much online anymore as much as people annoy me on there and I like to have to option to pause the action Maybe if you, Townie, and I get it one day we could go online and have some fun

I got sick of listening to reviews though as some games I loved got bad reviews, so if in doubt I just wait till they go under $20 and even if it only give me a few hours it's about the same as going to the movie theater and wasting $20 on a boring movie

Quote Originally Posted by #1Townie View Post
    I've been dabbling in ark survival on the PS4. after I lost both of my dogs in December I decided to get a PS4.
    Glad you got a PS4 finally man....one day we got to play online together. Haven't tried Ark Survival, but seems like a cool "open world" with dinosaurs. I spent a lot of time on Watch Dogs 2 (open world of San Francisco) and those games still amaze me how well they create these virtual worlds.

Damn bro, sorry to hear about your dogs. As you know I love dogs (most the time more than people) and I know losing my bulldog Indy after 14 years was one of the hardest things.....I remember even making a post on here the day it happened. Making the decision to put your dog down is like the hardest thing ever, but in the end you got to remember you got 12 years together and to them that is like being 84 in dog years. It's not easy, but I try to tell myself that.

You plan to get another dog? Before Indy died I got my current bulldog Bubba, so I still have him and my guess is he is about 10-11 years old (old for a bulldog). Then when I got with my wife she had a small terrier, Jazzy, so we also have that guy who is about 11-12 years old....never liked a small dog before, but he has grown on me and now we are buddies. Then for Christmas all my wife wanted was a puppy, so now we have Leo who is about 6 months old now....super smart dog, but growing fast and going to be big. Probably would have been too soon, but if I'd of known I'd of seen if you wanted one of his brothers of Leo. Remember there are so many dogs that get put down, especially pit bulls, so consider one day helping one of them out.....and you know he will become your best friend too. I know it's hard, but just so many dogs that could help fill the void that get put down daily...of course not replace.

Cancer.....hate it too. My friend of 10 years who introduced my wife and I died a couple years ago from stage 4 melanoma cancer...at the age of 32. Within 6 months we watched him deteriorate and was one of the saddest things I have ever seen....I never knew cancer could be so aggressive, but guess that is one of the worst ones to get. All started with a sunburn on the ear, that turned into a small cancer spot. That small spot moved through his body too fast that they could not control it. RIP to my homey Tony!
    Last edited by bulldog; Fri Apr 28th, 2017 at 07:43 AM.
    Bulldog's Motto: F*ck around and I'm going to bite you!!!

I only recently got a PS4. So far I bought GTA5, Uncharted 4, Ghost Recon Wildlands, Horizon Zero Dawn, and Mass Effect Andromeda. The most challenging of the bunch is Ghost Recon. I've only completed a couple missions so far, so I still have crappy weapons.

I'm looking forward to Red Dead Redemption 2 this fall. It's a Rockstar game, so I'm envisioning it as Grand Theft Auto in the old west. (Grand theft horse?)

How would you like to get roundhouse kicked with a motorcycle?

Quote Originally Posted by Zanatos View Post
    I only recently got a PS4. So far I bought GTA5, Uncharted 4, Ghost Recon Wildlands, Horizon Zero Dawn, and Mass Effect Andromeda. The most challenging of the bunch is Ghost Recon. I've only completed a couple missions so far, so I still have crappy weapons.

I'm looking forward to Red Dead Redemption 2 this fall. It's a Rockstar game, so I'm envisioning it as Grand Theft Auto in the old west. (Grand theft horse?)
    I liked the first Red Dead Redemption game on PS3. How are you liking the new Mass Effect? I heard its shite.

Quote Originally Posted by Zanatos View Post

Another one I beat...Red Dead Redemption for PS3...happy to hear there is a sequel. I was addicted to "Rockstar Games" and all started with Max Pain and GTA. So hope they do a Max Pain for PS4!

I have't tried any of those games you got, but I've heard good things about Mass Effect. I played a lot of Tom Clancy's games (reference to Ghost Recon), like the Splinter Cells and Rainbox 6 series and have always liked them.

If ever interested I am always down to trade games...for keeps or for trade. I just refuse to go to Gamestopp and get $5 for a game I paid $60 for and get jipped so I end up holding them till I can find someone to trade with. After I beat a game I rarely go back and play it, so may as well trade it up to someone who has something I haven't played. I'd put my list here, but it is huge.

P.S. Joker, did not know you played PS4, so same applies to you if you want to trade up games
    Bulldog's Motto: F*ck around and I'm going to bite you!!!

I haven't played Mass Effect Andromeda except for about 20 minutes. I think it's pretty good but it's got a few quirks. You can tell they focused on the battle stuff and skimped on the cut scenes.

My son works at EA, so he sent me a copy a few days after it was released. He says the company spent about $40 million on it, but sent it out before it was polished. Some major updates will be getting pushed out pretty soon.