Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Birthday boy crashes his motorcycle into the pool

Gold Member

Re: Birthday boy crashes his motorcycle into the pool

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    No, I never have been to a party like this one. Honestly, never cared to go to parties much in my youth. I've been to parties, just really seemed to me as nothing more than a big waste of time. Most of the time(in my highschool years) I was working and never had time for parties. When I got older(20's) I worked more, and had bills. Again, I always had something more important to do than party.

When it comes to parties I'm exceptionally introverted at times and I honestly don't care to be in places with people that I don't know. I don't have anxiety disorder but if I don't know, chances are I don't want to party with you. I have my small circle of friends that I run with and that's how I like it. I am very cordial to people I meet, but don't seek to become best friends with everyone I meet.

And there is nothing wrong with that man. Just remember you're judging a lifestyle you know nothing about. Its not a bad thing you don't know about it. Its your choice. Just different paths. Just try to be a little more open minded.

I can tell you from being at parties like this one the chaos is why people go. Its for some people and for a lot its too much. Now days I probably wouldn't stick around much buy its just because I can't get on that level anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    Why yes, yes I am...

You're right to a degree that perception or perspective as you put it is different from both sides of the fence. I will say that on a racetrack, you know what you're getting yourself into. You've signed a waiver and accept full responsibility when you step out onto the track circuit. There are risks at the track, but those risks are deemed acceptable by those who ride it.

To me popping a wheelie next to a pool full of party goers is an unacceptable risk. Mainly due to the fact that most people aren't expecting that. I'm sure his burnout and wheelie were impromptu and no one really expected it. Too me, that's an immature act. Too me, it's very foolish and disrespectful of those around you.

Going down at the track isn't immature, it's an accident. Part of the nature of the beast when you push your own limits in a controlled environment. At the track, there are no people within feet of you spectating, no people on cell phones, no cops, no inattentive drivers. It's a controlled environment. If anything taking your riding to a closed course is the "grown up" thing to do.

I don't think anyone is "hating" on "Stunters". Least that's not the vibe I'm getting from the dissenters in this thread. I personally don't care what stunters do. I respect their talent and realize it takes lots of time and dedication to become proficient at it. It's just never been a facet of sportbike riding that's appealed to me. However, people that do Stunts have my respect as they can do something that I can't. Closest I've come to pulling a stunt is the front end coming up into a wheelie out of T4 at PMP as I went down the hill.
    Townie actually said a lot what I was going to say. I will add that the entire point of this was to not judge people too fast over a 30 second clip we see on the net; as I showed above this guy has actually done good things on their "Support the Troops" rides, so it seems like he is good guy overall. Way too many people are quick to judge people when they do not know the full story. At least you were man enough to come back and discuss your points as most the people on this thread that made their comments weren't man enough to do that....I give you props there man. (It is actually why I have come to respect Townie; like me, he is not scared to stand out and express how he feels even if it means people don't like him)

As for the house parties I do feel way different on them than you. I feel they are very unsafe and can be a huge risk to go to; so when a person goes to one they should assume some risk. We are talking about pretty much a bar with no rules at a person's house! Guess I learned the hard way because I was stabbed at a house party when I was 19; I know what you think, but I tried my best to leave the situation, but when you have 6 guys blocking you telling you the only way to get out is to go through them.

As for this guys party there is no way he started to rev that bike and not every person in the party knew what it was. At that point that was enough notice for someone to get out of the way....if they continued to stay near it, I say they knew the risk and didn't care; done this myself watching stunters many times and honestly if one wrecked and hit me I would take some responsibility as I sat there and watched them! Plus seeing the video Mdub posted I think this is actually his house so people came to his party....remember this is also a crew that hangs together and probably are like a family, so I doubt he would intentionally try to hurt someone (as Townie said, there clearly was nobody in pool)! Funniest part is this guy has earned a lot of money stunting (found he was one of the original stunters many years back) so all this talk about "mommy and daddy" or "rich kid" was all false as he earned this. Again a stereotype came through fast that a guy like him must have got money handed to him.

As for racing, I was meaning more that it can be viewed as immature to some because it is a huge risk. Even if you are ok with hurting yourself, think what it would do to the people around you if you did happen to die (I pray that never happens to any racer, but it is the facts). This is why it could be considered to some as "immature" because a lot of people get older and see it is not worth the risk to yourself and what it could do to others around. Yet saying that I've rode sportbikes for over 19 years and I have got that lecture from my mom; why, because she cares and worries.
    Last edited by bulldog; Wed Jun 25th, 2014 at 07:49 AM.
    Bulldog's Motto: F*ck around and I'm going to bite you!!!

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
    Townie actually said a lot what I was going to say. I will add that the entire point of this was to not judge people too fast over a 30 second clip we see on the net; as I showed above this guy has actually done good things on their "Support the Troops" rides, so it seems like he is good guy overall. Way too many people are quick to judge people when they do not know the full story. At least you were man enough to come back and discuss your points as most the people on this thread that made their comments weren't man enough to do that....I give you props there man. (It is actually why I have come to respect Townie; like me, he is not scared to stand out and express how he feels even if it means people don't like him)

As for the house parties I do feel way different on them than you. I feel they are very unsafe and can be a huge risk to go to; so when a person goes to one they should assume some risk. We are talking about pretty much a bar with no rules at a person's house! Guess I learned the hard way because I was stabbed at a house party when I was 19; I know what you think, but I tried my best to leave the situation, but when you have 6 guys blocking you telling you the only way to get out is to go through them.

As for this guys party there is no way he started to rev that bike and not every person in the party knew what it was. At that point that was enough notice for someone to get out of the way....if they continued to stay near it, I say they knew the risk and didn't care; done this myself watching stunters many times and honestly if one wrecked and hit me I would take some responsibility as I sat there and watched them! Plus seeing the video Mdub posted I think this is actually his house so people came to his party....remember this is also a crew that hangs together and probably are like a family, so I doubt he would intentionally try to hurt someone (as Townie said, there clearly was nobody in pool)! Funniest part is this guy has earned a lot of money stunting (found he was one of the original stunters many years back) so all this talk about "mommy and daddy" or "rich kid" was all false as he earned this. Again a stereotype came through fast that a guy like him must have got money handed to him.

As for racing, I was meaning more that it can be viewed as immature to some because it is a huge risk. Even if you are ok with hurting yourself, think what it would do to the people around you if you did happen to die (I pray that never happens to any racer, but it is the facts). This is why it could be considered to some as "immature" because a lot of people get older and see it is not worth the risk to yourself and what it could do to others around. Yet saying that I've rode sportbikes for over 19 years and I have got that lecture from my mom; why, because she cares and worries.
    Don't have time to edit out the none part I will correct. But darius had money before stunting. The joke in the stunt world for a long time was that people had to have money to make money stunting.

Quote Originally Posted by #1Townie View Post
    Don't have time to edit out the none part I will correct. But darius had money before stunting. The joke in the stunt world for a long time was that people had to have money to make money stunting.
    Interesting...oh well, still why hate when most people wouldn't complain if they were born into money...not like it was their choice.

Yeah that was the reason I never got good at stunting. Wrecked once perfecting my wheelies and was upset my only bike broke because of me. If I were rich I'd not care and have a few backups and a dedicated stunt bike. Same with racing....takes money to race...or you become poor doing it as very few people make money off it.
    Bulldog's Motto: F*ck around and I'm going to bite you!!!