Thread: Moto GP From Assent Sunday

Moto GP From Assent Sunday

Well we have another GP weekend. I just hope it doesn't rain. Excited to see who took the pole. Not the usual.

Re: Moto GP From Assent Sunday

Will be a great race I'm sure, weather always plays a part there and France. Waking up earlier to go grab a table at waffle house, watch the race and then a few blocks to work afterwards haha... and the race is tomorrow, not Sunday FYI
    Last edited by madvlad; Fri Jun 27th, 2014 at 07:49 PM.
    www.mo-door.com
    https://64degreeracing.com/

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR (Always say I'm done riding but the results state that I lied... )

Quote Originally Posted by madvlad View Post
    Will be a great race I'm sure, weather always plays a part there and France. Waking up earlier to go grab a table at waffle house, watch the race and then a few blocks to work afterwards haha... and the race is tomorrow, not Sunday FYI
    +1

Assen is always on Saturday. I'm sure we'll see some fireworks tomorrow. Crappy qualifying from the Yamaha boys will have them pushing hard if we get a dry race. If we get a wet race, anything is possible come green flag.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

Quote Originally Posted by milehizx6r View Post
    Well we have another GP weekend. I just hope it doesn't rain. Excited to see who took the pole. Not the usual.
    I just hope no one posts with a spoiler in the subject!

HINT HINT DAMIR!!!! lol
    No tickets YET this year *Knock on wood*

07 Audi S4 DTM
    06 CBR 1000rr

Hey hey, when the fuck did I do that? I'm not on FB anymore either so suck it
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR (Always say I'm done riding but the results state that I lied... )

No Spoiler here!!!

Well I didn't think that was a very exciting race.

Yea, was expecting more than that but weather always a factor. Loved that battle in between Pedrosa and espargaro.
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

Not a bad race. Just a bit of a cluster because of the rain. Seems there was too much uncertainty and no one making a concrete decision. Race control should have just declared it a rain race to begin with and leave it at that. Make it flag to flag and allow riders to change to their other bikes if need be. The rain delay, then two sighting laps really threw a wrench in the race starting off o.k.

Was hoping for a different result up front but alas 8 for 8. FWIW, have to give much credit to Rossi for consolidating a blown start and still managing a solid 5th. Can't believe Lorenzo, his crash last year at Assen really has gotten into his head. His comments on Crash.net had him basically saying he was too scared to push the bike on slicks with the patches of wet track all over. Which is odd that it's gotten in his head that much, compared to last years Assen GP. He came back to ride a race of a lifetime being injured so badly. Pedrosa and Espargaro's battle was solid. Wished Aleix would have been able to hang with Pedro from the whole race.

Bring on Sachsenring and good weather

As much as I really like Marquez, someone needs to put some sugar in his gas tank. 8 out of 8 is enough, it's getting old seeing the same winner every race. I would have been happy seeing Dovi take the win. Something to break up the same old same old. Marquez is on another planet of alien compared to the other aliens but someone's got to rip a win or else he's going to take all 18. Honestly, this is the kind of stuff that drives off fans from MotoGP. The hardcore fans will stick around just to see history made but it's the same with Formula 1. As with F1 same in MotoGP, it's now just a race for 2nd place. No one cares who wins as they already know the end result. Race for 2nd is more interesting at this point.

P.S.
    I guess this is why WSBK is always way more exciting to watch. Anyone on the grid has a shot at a win. In MotoGP, only one guy is going to win.

I'm a huge Rossi fan and a fan of Pedrosa and Lorenzo. And as much as it pains me to say it. I don't think Rossi, Pedrosa or Lorenzo can put a stop to Marquez. They just aren't fast enough. Of the three, I think Rossi has the best chance for a win but after seeing Marquez imperious wins this year. Not even Rossi can stop Marquez. He's just not fast enough.

If Marquez takes all 18 wins this year and I were Rossi. I'd seriously think about retiring at the end of this season. Why race for 2nd place? knowing full well you're not on a bike that's capable of winning. Let the others deal with Marquez and leave at the end of this season. I'll never stop being a Rossi fan but even I'm getting tired of watching the rest of the grid getting their teeth kicked in by Marquez. I hate seeing this happen to Rossi, not as much with everyone else.
    Last edited by The Black Knight; Sun Jun 29th, 2014 at 02:12 PM.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."