Thread: Firecracker 500

Exposed Member Lifetime Supporter Bashed's Avatar

Cool Firecracker 500

Hey all,
    It looks like I'm going to be home for this weekend and will be keeping the tradition alive.
    The Firecracker 500 is a long standing CSC traditional ride on July 4th.
    I will be leaving Colorado Spring early for breakfast @ Jans Restaurant in Buena Vista @ 8AM.
    Leaving there by 8:30 AM to do traditional FC 500 route. Weather will dictate which direction to do the loop.
    This is a quick paced ride with minimal stops to get back to C Springs by dark for the fireworks show.
    Meet me in BV gassed up and ready to leave by 8:30am.
    * Bash, Bashasaurus, Ms Bash, his neighbors or friends are not responsible for any incidents, accidents, or accusations, that might result from you being squidish, squid like, squirting ink, or waving your non-covered tentacles about in a squidy fashion. Nor is he or his associates responsible for any citations as a result of you hanging with SoCo. Any attempt to coerce, blame, question, or pin your loser-riffic behavior on any of us, or those who are considered us for the night, as well as people we like, to include Salma Hayek and Nicky Hayden, among others, will result in a profanity stricken series of post that mock and taunt you incessantly, as well as many of us adding such insults to our signature lines. Avoid taking SoCo before bedtime. Do not use if you experience faintness, dizziness, inverness, difficulty urinating or blotchy skin. If I steal a line, quote, avatar or image from a post you make on the internet, you're not getting credit.*

Re: Firecracker 500

I've got more flavor than a packet of macaroni.

That little #@!$#&^#^%#&!
    * Bash, Bashasaurus, Ms Bash, his neighbors or friends are not responsible for any incidents, accidents, or accusations, that might result from you being squidish, squid like, squirting ink, or waving your non-covered tentacles about in a squidy fashion. Nor is he or his associates responsible for any citations as a result of you hanging with SoCo. Any attempt to coerce, blame, question, or pin your loser-riffic behavior on any of us, or those who are considered us for the night, as well as people we like, to include Salma Hayek and Nicky Hayden, among others, will result in a profanity stricken series of post that mock and taunt you incessantly, as well as many of us adding such insults to our signature lines. Avoid taking SoCo before bedtime. Do not use if you experience faintness, dizziness, inverness, difficulty urinating or blotchy skin. If I steal a line, quote, avatar or image from a post you make on the internet, you're not getting credit.*

Guess you're leaving Jan's at 9 now sucka!

Do you want to ride up from the Springs together? I live right off of 21st Street so I could meet you and Scott at the Acorn station on 8th/Cimmarron at 6:45?
    "If not us, who? If not now, when?"

Quote Originally Posted by Clovis View Post
    Guess you're leaving Jan's at 9 now sucka!

Do you want to ride up from the Springs together? I live right off of 21st Street so I could meet you and Scott at the Acorn station on 8th/Cimmarron at 6:45?
    No I think I'll still leave @ 8:30 from there.
    I'm leaving my place @ 6 and shoould be around 31st and 24 @ 6;15ish

You don't have to leave that early. The last few times this year it's taken me 75 minutes to get to BV from my house. It's only 93 miles.
    "If not us, who? If not now, when?"

Hello Everyone. It's been a long time... Does anyone have the firecracker 500 route memorized? If so, would you please PM me or post it?

If you look at the thread linked in the second post, it has an image:
    Blair
    2000 GSX750F, 2003 YZ450F, 2004 GSXR750, 2006 ZX-14
    2013 CBR500R, 2016 YZF-R6 - MRA #760

Damn, I really miss those 500 mile rides.

Haven't owned a motorcycle in over 3 years now but it still calls my name...

Yeah man...you had an awful crash..how are you?