Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Valentino Rossi extends with Yamaha for 2 more years

Re: Valentino Rossi extends with Yamaha for 2 more years

This is awesome! Very excited to see how the new factory seats line up.

Can't believe I didn't catch this. Apparently Suzuki has signed Maverick Vinales for a 3 year deal.

http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2014/S...al+with+Suzuki
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

Senior Member Moderator

Wow! That's awesome!

No shit, nice. He's got potential
    www.mo-door.com
    https://64degreeracing.com/

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR (Always say I'm done riding but the results state that I lied... )

Honestly, expected Suzuki to snag one of the young guns coming up through Moto2. I, think they might try and sign a veteran to help develop the bike more and then pass the torch to the younger guy. With all the rumors swirling around about Lorenzo not having signed(possibly going to Honda should Pedro leave)and Pedrosa possibly being out(this was before he re-signed a few weeks ago), I would have thought Suzuki might have signed Pedrosa. Since he's re-signed with Honda I, really can't see Lorenzo going to Suzuki. Though anything is possible, especially with Lorenzo waiting so long to sign.

Looks to be though that credible rumors seem to be pointing to A. Espargaro for the final Suzuki ride. However, with Aprilia coming online for 2015. Two more factory seats are up for pickens.

Honestly, and this is no joke. With Aprilia coming back with some serious support(even though they lost Dall'nga) it wouldn't shock me if Lorenzo signed up with Aprilia. Just for the hell of it, and to change bikes. Lorenzo wants to win badly, but I think he knows Yamaha isn't going to win anytime soon. He may just say, hell with it and sign with Aprilia and see what they have to offer. Especially if they offer a fat pay day. He may look at it as, if I can't win I'll pad my bank account. It is still speculation though. Lorenzo more than likely will sign with Yamaha again.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

And apparently, Rossi thinks/wants to race until he's 40!!!

http://www.cycleworld.com/2014/07/17...lentino-rossi/
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

Yea, I'm surprised that nothing has been announced yet on Lorenzo's end as far as what but I have a hunch he may leave... we'll see soon enough I guess.
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR (Always say I'm done riding but the results state that I lied... )

Quote Originally Posted by madvlad View Post
    Yea, I'm surprised that nothing has been announced yet on Lorenzo's end as far as what but I have a hunch he may leave... we'll see soon enough I guess.
    Rumor has it, an announcement by Indianapolis or Brno. I, think Brno is the cut off. Most current rider's usually have it in their contracts that they make decisions no later than a certain date in August. Least that's what was the deal with Crutchlow, and them saying he had til Brno to figure it out. You are right, Lorenzo is sure dragging his feet with this one.

Marquez was the surprise in that we all knew he would re-up but he did it so fast. Rossi, Pedro, Dovi and Crutchlow all were timed about normal in correlation with the past. Usually you don't see rider's this late in the game announcing anything unless it's a team signing brand new riders(i.e. Aprilia and Suzuki).
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

In regards to Lorenzo, I'm not sure him leaving Yamaha is the best. GP is swapping tires again, and I personally think that the bridgestones is the primary reason for his immense struggles this year. Rossi has commented how the tires haven't bothered him too much, as he prefers the heavy tire. While Honda has proven to be the bike to beat, Rossi's proved that the M1 is happy to hang. If there's a way for them to find an optimal setting, they're going to continue to be competitive. Lorenzo's sticking around with Yamaha only changes one factor: tires. Leaving and heading to aprilia/suzuki produces two factors: new tires and bike setup. I do agree with y'all though, this delay means that there's gotta be something going behind the curtains.

Who would possibly take the helm next to Rossi? The lorenzo/Rossi rivalry has been an immensely fun one to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by rush4theyeho View Post
    In regards to Lorenzo, I'm not sure him leaving Yamaha is the best. GP is swapping tires again, and I personally think that the bridgestones is the primary reason for his immense struggles this year. Rossi has commented how the tires haven't bothered him too much, as he prefers the heavy tire. While Honda has proven to be the bike to beat, Rossi's proved that the M1 is happy to hang. If there's a way for them to find an optimal setting, they're going to continue to be competitive. Lorenzo's sticking around with Yamaha only changes one factor: tires. Leaving and heading to aprilia/suzuki produces two factors: new tires and bike setup. I do agree with y'all though, this delay means that there's gotta be something going behind the curtains.

Who would possibly take the helm next to Rossi? The lorenzo/Rossi rivalry has been an immensely fun one to watch.
    From what I've read, if Lorenzo leaves. Pol Espargaro will step in. Something to the effect that if a Factory seat is vacated, then Pol will move up from Tech 3. Which if that were to happen, Lorenzo moves on. Pol moves up, then that would open a spot at Tech 3 for others who are hungry for a better factory backed ride.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

Ah, that would make a lot of sense. He's on the cusp of success, I feel. Him and his brother both. Something about the actual race day where they can't hang with the Factory boys even though they put up blistering qualifying times.

http://superbikeplanet.com/2014/Jul/140730lorenz.htm

With the rumors of only signing for a single season. Something tells me that Lorenzo is seriously ass hurt by Rossi.
    Last edited by The Black Knight; Wed Jul 30th, 2014 at 03:00 PM.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

I think they'd chase Aleix instead of Pol due to experience. Now imagine what crutchlow could have done in a factory bike given he had such great races on tech 3 last season.
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

Senior Member Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    http://superbikeplanet.com/2014/Jul/140730lorenz.htm

With the rumors of only signing for a single season. Something tells me that Lorenzo is seriously ass hurt by Rossi.
    I highly doubt Lorenzo's decision will have anything to do with Rossi. Valentino is definitely having a better season than Jorge, but it wasn't too long ago that the tables were turned. In my opinion, the Lorenzo/Rossi rivalry is dead, and there's no need trying to artificially revive it in the hopes of reliving the glory days. They all have a bigger fish to fry, and his name is Marc Marquez.

As far as this season is concerned, Lorenzo is struggling with a lot of issues, and I think his primary concern is his physical condition, second is a lack of confidence in the new tires, and not getting the front-end feel he's accustomed to with this year's M1. Needless to say, he may also be ready for a change considering he's been with Yamaha his entire MotoGP career. The rule changes in 2016 present an interesting opportunity. Making a move now could give him a season to develop with a new team, especially if Yamaha is unable to take the fight to Honda in 2015. Granted, there is a lot of uncertainty, and honestly, I doubt he'll leave Yamaha. However, it's not that uncommon for a rider to contemplate making a change for any number of reasons. Rossi is a prime example of that.

Quote Originally Posted by madvlad View Post
    I think they'd chase Aleix instead of Pol due to experience. Now imagine what crutchlow could have done in a factory bike given he had such great races on tech 3 last season.
    Don't get me wrong, Aleix is working wonders this season, but I see more potential in Pol. Experience is not a guarantee of success, see Marc Marquez 2013.
    Last edited by Drano; Thu Jul 31st, 2014 at 05:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drano View Post
    I highly doubt Lorenzo's decision will have anything to do with Rossi. Valentino is definitely having a better season than Jorge, but it wasn't too long ago that the tables were turned. In my opinion, the Lorenzo/Rossi rivalry is dead, and there's no need trying to artificially revive it in the hopes of reliving the glory days. They all have a bigger fish to fry, and his name is Marc Marquez.

As far as this season is concerned, Lorenzo is struggling with a lot of issues, and I think his primary concern is his physical condition, second is a lack of confidence in the new tires, and not getting the front-end feel he's accustomed to with this year's M1. Needless to say, he may also be ready for a change considering he's been with Yamaha his entire MotoGP career. The rule changes in 2016 present an interesting opportunity. Making a move now could give him a season to develop with a new team, especially if Yamaha is unable to take the fight to Honda in 2015. Granted, there is a lot of uncertainty, and honestly, I doubt he'll leave Yamaha. However, it's not that uncommon for a rider to contemplate making a change for any number of reasons. Rossi is a prime example of that.

Don't get me wrong, Aleix is working wonders this season, but I see more potential in Pol. Experience is not a guarantee of success, see Marc Marquez 2013.

I agree, I don't believe it has to do with the rivalry on track. More to do with where Yamaha's priorities and direction. Lorenzo just isn't feeling it anymore. Something had changed and not quite sure what it is. However I do think some of it has to do with Rossi being back in the team.
    Last edited by The Black Knight; Thu Jul 31st, 2014 at 06:34 AM.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

True and Pol has showed good consistency on the Tech 3. We'll see haha the speculation is killing me!
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2014/I...+Team+for+2015

And more changes! Iannone is now the factory rider for 2015! This will change a lot, wonder if Cal is the next Suzuki rider
    Last edited by madvlad; Sat Aug 2nd, 2014 at 09:28 AM.
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

Dang!! I wonder what Cal did to get a slap down like that from Ducati??
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

aka - The Devil Lifetime Supporter
    Site Admin

Cal wanted out. My guess is that he's getting Bradl's seat on the Honda.

Unless Lorenzo has completely lost his capacities, he will re-sign with Yamaha even if they don't deliver the pay raise he wants. I'm guess that will announce soon.

That leaves Bautista as kind of the "last man standing" and make Bradl a free agent.
    Last edited by rybo; Sat Aug 2nd, 2014 at 10:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rybo View Post
    Cal wanted out. My guess is that he's getting Bradl's seat on the Honda.

Unless Lorenzo has completely lost his capacities, he will re-sign with Yamaha even if they don't deliver the pay raise he wants. I'm guess that will announce soon.

That leaves Bautista as kind of the "last man standing" and make Bradl a free agent.
    WOW!! well that would throw a wrench in the plans. As Redding had been tapped to move into Bautista's seat. If Crutchlow moves into Bradl's spot, Redding is where he's at for another year. Which isn't going to kill him, but I'm sure he was hoping to inherit Bautista's ride.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

Nice
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

Senior Member Moderator

Wow, I'll admit, Crutchlow was not shy about expressing his dismay about the Ducati, and I don't blame him for wanting out. He seemed so downtrodden compared to his upbeat demeanor with Tech3 last year. Good for him.

Sadly, I'd love to see Redding move up to a proper, satellite bike. Oh well, 2016 isn't that long to wait.

www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1