Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What is your next bike?

Re: What is your next bike?

How about the new H-D electric

Quote Originally Posted by Nguyen View Post
    How about the new H-D electric

If it can do a wheelie I will take 10

But seriously, this isnt cosharleybikeclub.org and Harleys are for people that dont take showers. We only like guns and girls
    Last edited by Ezzzzy1; Fri Jul 18th, 2014 at 01:06 AM. Reason: Didnt want to come across raceiest
    Mo-Door.com - Contact me for CSC pricing

Mo-Door on: Twitter Facebook

You can't buy that Harley, and it's not that great as far as electric bikes go. A Mission RS or a BRD Redshift on the other hand....

CBR650F
    Jimi
    2013 Honda CBR500R Previous: 1989 Honda CR250R

Senior Member Yearly Supporter Generic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by big_sur View Post
    You can't buy that Harley, and it's not that great as far as electric bikes go. A Mission RS or a BRD Redshift on the other hand....

Mission is my current dream bike, I'm hoping their promise of "twice the range and half the price in 3 years" comes true.
    2005 Kawasaki Z750S

Quote Originally Posted by Generic View Post
    Mission is my current dream bike, I'm hoping their promise of "twice the range and half the price in 3 years" comes true.
    The Mission is bad ass. That gives me an idea for a new discussion.
    Tom
    '07 ZX-6R
    '12 1199 Panigale S

Quote Originally Posted by Ezzzzy1 View Post
    If it can do a wheelie I will take 10

But seriously, this isnt cosharleybikeclub.org and Harleys are for people that dont take showers. We only like guns and girls
    Honestly if I had the money to just waste, I'd have another Harley. I loved my 1200 Sportster but the allure of a Sportbike brought me back. However, hands down a cruiser owns a sportbike in terms of commuting and comfortability. I did plenty of mountain rides on my Harley and loved every minute of it. It was a nice change to get to my destination and not have sore knees and back. To be able to not have my hands go numb and be able to feel my ass when I got off the bike.

If I do ever get a cruiser it will probably be another Sportster or a Fat Boy. Really the only two Harley's I do like but I do like them over any of the Japanese cruisers.

Now I will agree with you that most of the Harley types are dirty ass bikers. Then again, I've never viewed myself as a biker. I'm a motorcycle enthusiast and don't really care what name is on the gas tank as long as it moves my soul. When I had my Sportster I did everything in my power to disassociate myself from the Biker crowd. I got smack talked all the time by "real bikers" for wearing my helmet. Did I care?? No. I even used to get smack talked by my friends Father-in-Law who was a Harley fanatic when I rolled up on my old GSX-R1000 and my friend was on his V-Rod. The smack stopped when we hit the open road and I left them all for dead.

Even my best friend wants a Sportbike after he saw what I did to his V-Rod. His V-Rod is fast for a Harley but pales in comparison when I punch it with my K3 Gixxer. Once we hit the twisties it's not even funny anymore.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

I'd get one of these before I got a Harley. MUCH better performance and it's like sitting on a fine german couch.

2015 Yamaha SR400. It reminds me of the SR500 I wanted when I was in high school, but couldn't afford.
    2005 Yamaha YZF-R6 (SOLD)
    2013 Yamaha FZ6R
    Stupidity should be painful.

I'd buy a new S1000RR/HP4 tomorrow if they'd put cruise control on them already.

I rode a 1199 before buying my BMW, and it couldn't compare. It's all personal preference, but the Ducati just didn't work for me. It sounds great, looks pretty, and has cool headlights. I hated the rest. I prefer the sound of 2s and 3s also, but the 4 still sounds good to me, and gives the performance I'm looking for.

Since BMW doesn't seem too keen on updating the RR yet, I wouldn't mind picking up a CR500 or KX500 and doing a street legal supermoto build.

Quote Originally Posted by Skitz View Post
    I like these a lot as well. I was waiting on this one to show up from someone.
    Tom
    '07 ZX-6R
    '12 1199 Panigale S

S1000R is very appealing to me. Might look for one in a few years. Also EBR 1190SX.
    '16 Kawasaki Ninja 1000
    '12 Kawasaki Concours14 -
    Sold
    '08 Kawasaki Concours14 -
    Sold
    '05 Suzuki SV1000S - Sold
    '07 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 - Sold

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    I'd buy a new S1000RR/HP4 tomorrow if they'd put cruise control on them already.

I rode a 1199 before buying my BMW, and it couldn't compare. It's all personal preference, but the Ducati just didn't work for me. It sounds great, looks pretty, and has cool headlights. I hated the rest. I prefer the sound of 2s and 3s also, but the 4 still sounds good to me, and gives the performance I'm looking for.

Since BMW doesn't seem too keen on updating the RR yet, I wouldn't mind picking up a CR500 or KX500 and doing a street legal supermoto build.

The BMW and Ducati are so different as to be incomparable really, if you like one you aren't going to like the other. BMW is very clinical and will just do what you tell it to, where as the Ducati wants to go fast, and is imho more engaging to ride, it demands your full attention all the time.

I wish BMW would come out with a S800RR....
    Mo-Door.com - Contact me for CSC pricing

Mo-Door on: Twitter Facebook

Senior Member Yearly Supporter Tylar's Avatar

I've wanted a VMAX since high school.

-Tylar

2009: 2009 GSXR 600 *wifey's*
    2010: 2008 YZF-R1

Currently looking myself... Something to compliment the tuono.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Barn~ View Post
    If 90% of my riding these days is commuting, I might as well get something that has room for a packed lunch!
    so much truth here!

Quote Originally Posted by asp_125 View Post
    After trying I-4s, singles, parallel twins, v-twins, L-twins, V4s and now the triple - Unless Triumph comes up with an even better Triple R, I really can't see myself on another configuration. But I have to admit, kind of digging the ~800-900cc sport touring offerings: BMW, VFR, FZ09
    I do miss the speed triple, but the Aprilia's V4 is a hoot as wel

Quote Originally Posted by BushyAR15 View Post
    Just bought my next bike! Picked up a Yamaha Super Tenere. I want to start exploring some of those dirt roads I see when I'm riding on my Ducati and have often wondered where that dirt road went.
    Tenere's currently at the top of the list... Lurking on ADV and hoping to pick up a nicely farkled one at a fair price.

Quote Originally Posted by Matty View Post
    Victory High Ball... I just want something different. Plus this beast has over 1700cc's!!

I can see you riding one of these. Actually, if I could ride cruisers, this would be my choice as well... I really like the two-tone, but the high bars would have to go

defintely a custom paint job would be in order. I'm not a tribal flame graphics person.
    Do not put off living the life you dream of. Next year may never come. If we are always waiting for something to change...
    Retirement, the kids to leave home, the weather or the economy, that's not living. That's waiting!
    Waiting will only leaves us with unrealized dreams and empty wishes.

Chief Viffer Lifetime Supporter dirkterrell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tylar View Post
    I've wanted a VMAX since high school.
    I could definitely see owning one as well.
    Formerly MRA #211 - High Precision Racing

"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self- preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property, and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

--Thomas Jefferson

This...

zx14 by ARNEWB, on Flickr
    Last edited by Grant H.; Tue Jul 22nd, 2014 at 06:56 AM.
    2005 GSXR 1000 - Not stock...
    2006 SV650S - Rebuild in progress, with some upgrades...
    1998 Yamaha WR400 - Not stock...
    2008 Dodge QCSB 6.7L Cummins - 525/1019 HP/TQ

Three bikes on my short list are BMW F800GT (good call Barn), FZ09 and Duke 690.
    John
    KTM Duke 690