Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Toy...

Re: New Toy...

Arrrrrhhhhh, thats huge too! We actually decided to go small for a while. I expect to expand when the girls are bigger. And don't want to camp, then I will get what I want and go play in the woods by myself.

Quote Originally Posted by birchyboy View Post
    Me too
    The closest thing to immortality on this earth is a Federal government program - RR

Pretty nice Dirk, I sometimes wish I had a bigger one but I am actually thinking of going smaller. I like the hitched hauler since it allows me the full use of my truck bed. The roomy comfort of a large rv is nice but now I wish I would have gone with a slide in and bought a larger enclosed trailer.

Quote Originally Posted by rybo View Post
    Dean,

Correct me if I"m wrong, but I believe that one of the requirements is that the passengers in the trailer have to have some way to signal to the driver that they need to stop. A two-way radio, or a light on the front of the trailer that the passengers in the trailer can activate would do.
    Ya know, I'm not sure. There's a chart that lists all the states that displays all the rules, such as, maximum length, is double towing allowed, minimum weight for brakes, yadda, yadda, yadda. Never read anything about being in contact with the driver. Although, that's
    exactly what we do when one of us has to hit the bathroom, cell phone or radio...
    Last edited by Kim-n-Dean; Thu Jul 17th, 2014 at 01:59 PM.
    Kim & Dean
    60th Anniversary R6 - '16 R1M

Chief Viffer Lifetime Supporter dirkterrell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rybo View Post
    Dean,

Correct me if I"m wrong, but I believe that one of the requirements is that the passengers in the trailer have to have some way to signal to the driver that they need to stop. A two-way radio, or a light on the front of the trailer that the passengers in the trailer can activate would do.
    That is my understanding as well.
    Formerly MRA #211 - High Precision Racing

"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self- preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property, and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

--Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Bueller View Post
    Pretty nice Dirk, I sometimes wish I had a bigger one but I am actually thinking of going smaller. I like the hitched hauler since it allows me the full use of my truck bed. The roomy comfort of a large rv is nice but now I wish I would have gone with a slide in and bought a larger enclosed trailer.
    Yeah, there are many ways to go about it. We thought about it quite a bit before going for this setup. This one isn't too big but still has a decent sized garage and will serve us well for the kinds of things we want to do. You should know that hanging out with you and Renata at HPR got Susan thinking about all this...

"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self- preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property, and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

--Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by dirkterrell View Post
    You should know that hanging out with you and Renata at HPR got Susan thinking about all this...
    That's too funny!! The last time Kim and I slept in a tent was around 2006. We were at Rampart and ended up sleeping in Dave's back bunk the last night of the trip. I don't think Kim had introduced Dave and Renata, yet, but less than a year later, we bought our fifth-wheel. It's all Dave's fault!!!!!
    Kim & Dean
    60th Anniversary R6 - '16 R1M

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Obvious View Post
    Man, you guys and your big rigs. Makes me feel dinky.

Still nicer than mine
    Bulldog's Motto: F*ck around and I'm going to bite you!!!

Wow! Nice! that has adventure and fun written all over it.
    Riding around the U.S. is first on my bucket list. Looks like you can do that all while with your family too.

Quote Originally Posted by Nguyen View Post
    Wow! Nice! that has adventure and fun written all over it.
    Riding around the U.S. is first on my bucket list. Looks like you can do that all while with your family too.
    Yeah I went all out for the honeymoon...$50 at Hobby Lobbies decoration dept!
    Bulldog's Motto: F*ck around and I'm going to bite you!!!

I'm pumped... Let's let the healing begin! Lifetime Supporter ~Barn~'s Avatar

I think he was saying that to Dirk...
    ~Brandon~
    Aprilia RSV 1000 R Factory - "Gemma"
    MV Agusta F3 800 - "Amy Lou"
    Rattan Fat Bear Plus - "Lynda"
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

Resurrecting this thread to show the new tow rig I got last week. I had been keeping an eye out for a while for a newer F350 since my '02 was only rated to pull a 12,500# 5th wheel and our RV is 13,000# empty. The '02 did pretty well, loved that 7.3 motor, but I was worried about going over the big passes and having some safety margin on the downhill run. Finally found what I was looking for:

It's a 2011 with 53K miles and set up nicely inside with navigation, etc. Last summer we moved to the new place and did get out in the RV much. This year we'll be hitting the road quite a bit more.

--Thomas Jefferson

Nice!
    Tom
    '07 ZX-6R
    '12 1199 Panigale S

That's a man's truck, LOL.

Congrats Dirk
    "If not us, who? If not now, when?"

Great looking truck!

Gold Member

how are you enjoying that 6.7 block? I haven't heard much about them.

Quote Originally Posted by #1Townie View Post
    how are you enjoying that 6.7 block? I haven't heard much about them.
    So far, so good. Noticeably more power, with a little more turbo lag than the 7.3, but when it kicks in, it really goes.

--Thomas Jefferson

Gold Member

thats how my 6.4 is but I trust my 7.3 more.

The 6.7 is a monster. The father in law has the same truck as Dirk and the wife has an '11 F250. The wife's 250 pulls a 30' trailer loaded with 4 sleds effortlessly even at higher altitudes like Kremling or Granby. There is noticeable lag, but like Dirk said once boost starts building you have to get off the gas or you will run right up the ass of anyone in front of you. It is fun to drive because it has so much power. Even with all the extra weight and significant power increase over my F150, it has better fuel economy than my smaller truck.

Jason
    07 600RR
    07 Speed Triple -[COLOR=rgb(255,0,0)] [/COLOR]GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN[COLOR=rgb(255,0,0)][/COLOR]

I just wish all of this power would translate to not clogging up every road ever.