Thread: HWY Shoulder Legal Question

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: HWY Shoulder Legal Question

I got a 4 point ticket in June 2012 for "passing on the right" on Foothills in Boulder on my gixxer. To those familiar with foothills parkway in Boulder, I had just made a left turn from Colorado Ave onto Foothills around 8:45am and the traffic was backed up with no cars moving. Right turn on Arapahoe was going to be my next turn, so I got on the should and rode at about 10 mph. There happen to be a Boulder PD officer on duty stuck in traffic as well and he certainly didn't fancy what I was doing...so he pulled me over.... and the result was a 4 point ticket for passing on the right. ..... so depending on who pulls you over, a citation could be issued.

I think all of foothills parkway is a state highway....don't remember...could be wrong....

Board Newbie

Re: HWY Shoulder Legal Question

Quote Originally Posted by Ted View Post
    I got a 4 point ticket in June 2012 for "passing on the right" on Foothills in Boulder on my gixxer. To those familiar with foothills parkway in Boulder, I had just made a left turn from Colorado Ave onto Foothills around 8:45am and the traffic was backed up with no cars moving. Right turn on Arapahoe was going to be my next turn, so I got on the should and rode at about 10 mph. There happen to be a Boulder PD officer on duty stuck in traffic as well and he certainly didn't fancy what I was doing...so he pulled me over.... and the result was a 4 point ticket for passing on the right. ..... so depending on who pulls you over, a citation could be issued.

I think all of foothills parkway is a state highway....don't remember...could be wrong....
    got the exact same ticket back when i lived in boulder, actually it was when i was moving out, last trip, truck packed leaving town. awesome going away present.