Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: HWY Shoulder Legal Question

Re: HWY Shoulder Legal Question

No one sees my open carry haha everything I have and wear is black..
    06 GSXR 750

Does this count?

Saw a good example of what not to do this morning. CBR flying down the shoulder on 225 probably 40+ with cars stop and go. Would have had nowhere to go if a car decided to pull over quickly. Not bright.
    2010 Ducati Hypermotard 796

To revive a dead thread... I was on Kipling and 20th around 330 Friday. Traffic was absolutely shit headed North. I took the opportunity to split the two lanes and made quick work of a couple miles of traffic to I70. Only one gut in his civic seemed upset.
    Who knows what group to contact to make lane sharing NOT illegal but not expressly legal. As in California? Or is there something in the works now?

Gold Member

Fuck yeah do it. Can't wait to see all the posts crying about the road rage after everyone splits lanes.

They have to look up from their cell first to know what happened.

Gold Member

I'm sure if you get it okayed this year in about 20 years it won't be too bad.

But honestly even in Cali I get to see a lot of riders who should be shot for their actions as they lane split. Clipping mirrors. Banging on windows. Its retarded.

I'm not arguing people's stupidity. I'm sure you get cut off driving the big truck as much or more than in any other vehicle. As if they can't see the 80000lb bomb rolling along the highway. I'm just being selfish. I don't need or want a ticket for being intelligent enough to not sit for 5 light cycles.
    Oh well.

Gold Member

Well to be honest if you are smart about the whole situation you can get around the Denver traffic relatively easy.

Oh people around semis are fucking retarded. Don't ever expect a semi to slow down so you can merge or move over for you.

Oh and my pure rant. That space I leave in front of me... That's a not a hole for you to jump into. That's the room I need to not kill someone.... So yeah jump in there and slam on your brakes. My safety department loves getting hard braking events from my truck.

Quote Originally Posted by #1Townie View Post
    Well to be honest if you are smart about the whole situation you can get around the Denver traffic relatively easy.

Oh people around semis are fucking retarded. Don't ever expect a semi to slow down so you can merge or move over for you.

Oh and my pure rant. That space I leave in front of me... That's a not a hole for you to jump into. That's the room I need to not kill someone.... So yeah jump in there and slam on your brakes. My safety department loves getting hard braking events from my truck.
    The funny part is who wins this regardless; the semi. I laugh when I see people cut them off and then flip the semi off like they are not lucky the semi driver was paying attention. Sure there may have been room for your car, but you are basically putting your hands in another person's reaction when you people play that game against a 60+ ton semi....that is not even considering how much harder it is to stop with a full load.

Goes for when I see motorcyclists tailgating a car to make them go faster; buddy you will lose this one regardless and a motorcycle may not be the right time to tailgate!
    Bulldog's Motto: F*ck around and I'm going to bite you!!!

My personal favorite is when I am actually signalling to move over and they sit right at the dot bar and you get to guess how close they are. It gets really fun with doubles and triples..... Just another reason I am a yard jockey anymore.

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nolan View Post
    My personal favorite is when I am actually signalling to move over and they sit right at the dot bar and you get to guess how close they are. It gets really fun with doubles and triples..... Just another reason I am a yard jockey anymore.
    Meh they get three blinks and I start moving over slowly. They figure it out. Lol.

Board Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by big_sur View Post
    It'd be sweet if we could get lane splitting legalized here. Doubt carbon monoxide is any different from sitting in a car breathing it though.
    coming from CA, its is incredibly annoying to have to sit and wait when you could easily and safely move thru traffic, it doesn't slow anyone down in a car- there is really no reason to disallow it........its standard practice in CA and the rest of the world

Board Newbie

Fuck yeah do it. Can't wait to see all the posts crying about the road rage after everyone splits lanes.
    they can get over it.....its not like a motorcycle slows them down. its one less vehicle sitting in traffic making the traffic jam worse.

done properly its safer than sitting parked waited to get rearended, having split lanes daily in CA for years on 405....i never once hit a car, never once got hit, we would have 4-5 bikes lined up going 15 mph while everyone else was stopped, riding the line between the HOV lane and the rest of traffic, and the bike in the lead was CHP

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by HG Dude View Post
    they can get over it.....its not like a motorcycle slows them down. its one less vehicle sitting in traffic making the traffic jam worse.

done properly its safer than sitting parked waited to get rearended, having split lanes daily in CA for years on 405....i never once hit a car, never once got hit, we would have 4-5 bikes lined up going 15 mph while everyone else was stopped, riding the line between the HOV lane and the rest of traffic, and the bike in the lead was CHP

Like I said do it. Make the vote. Tell your representative to make it happen.

Board Newbie

Like I said do it. Make the vote. Tell your representative to make it happen.
    i've contacted them........zero response

then again i'd be a fool to think they actually represent me or anyone else

Gold Member

Hit the streets. Get signatures.

Quote Originally Posted by gator4life108 View Post
    In my last ABATE ARC class the question got brought up about riding the shoulder in traffic jams on the highway. Nobody had a solid answer and some were saying they read it is officer discretion. I checked the Colorado statutes and couldn't find anything. I have a buddy that I ride with who is always wanting to ride the shoulder in traffic jams on the highway, but I'm always hesitant.

Anyone have anything or know anything concerning this?
    In the state of Colorado, this is illegal! I have received warnings for doing just this... The cop recited me the law and then issued the said warning. I have also found that a one month period must pass before another warning can be issued. Good Luck!
    If They Don't Like It, F@#$ 'Em!