Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Why not title a bike?

Gold Member

Why not title a bike?

You want 2k for a ten year old bike with no title and no fairings?

Why doesn't it have a title? Who didn't finish paying for it? When will the bank show up to my house to repo it?

Fucking people selling shit that was never paid for to begin with.

Re: 2004 gsxr 600

It's a race bike and it's legit, no bullshit. Legit seller. My race bike doesn't have a title either and there's no liens on it, not stolen. Race bikes are common for this.
    www.mo-door.com
    https://64degreeracing.com/

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR (Always say I'm done riding but the results state that I lied... )

Gold Member

Ummmm not sure how this can be a common as EVERY bike is sold with a title. Now I know you can buy a frame but they don't come with vins.

Quote Originally Posted by #1Townie View Post
    Ummmm not sure how this can be a common as EVERY bike is sold with a title. Now I know you can buy a frame but they don't come with vins.
    People don't really want to waste the time, $8 and tax$ to transfer a title into their own name for a bike that will never see the street again. Half the track/race bikes out there don't have titles. Also, most of the AMA race bikes don't have titles.

Aspenbum is a trustworthy and great guy. I miss you out at the track Ryan!
    MRA Expert #880 - 2015 AmateurGTO Champion, 2013 NoviceGTU Champion
    2006 YZF-R6 Race "No name" - 2005 YZF-R6 Street "Aurora"
    2015 Sponsors: Dunlop, Speedin Motorsports, STM Suspension, Silkolene Lubricants, EBC Brakes, Pit-Bull Products

Text: (72O) 432-7236

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by WolFeYeZ View Post
    People don't really want to waste the time, $8 and tax$ to transfer a title into their own name for a bike that will never see the street again. Half the track/race bikes out there don't have titles. Also, most of the AMA race bikes don't have titles.

Oh so this stock bike is a ama bike?

Huge Member Site Admin Mother Goose's Avatar

Oh so this stock bike is a ama bike?
    It had race bodywork on it, that was sold, he reduced the price. Not all bikes have titles sold with them because not everyone goes to the DMV to get one done or transferred. He gave the VIN number, go run the VIN, then buy the bike. If not, we're done with this conversation. Start a thread about bikes with no titles if you want.
    Chadwick
    MRA #825

"You live more for five minutes going fast on a bike like that, than other people do in all of their life." - Marco Simoncelli

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mother Goose View Post
    It had race bodywork on it, that was sold, he reduced the price. Not all bikes have titles sold with them because not everyone goes to the DMV to get one done or transferred. He gave the VIN number, go run the VIN, then buy the bike. If not, we're done with this conversation. Start a thread about bikes with no titles if you want.
    You do understand a title is required for a legal sale of a vehicle per co state law?

Not to mention it also proves ownership of the bike in case it were to be stolen. So basically being lazy and not wanting to pay 8 bucks for a transfer you guys are allowing yourselves for your bikes to be stolen and can be retitled by a shady towing company and you will never see this bad dog again.

I'm not just being a dick here.

Huge Member Site Admin Mother Goose's Avatar

You do understand a title is required for a legal sale of a vehicle per co state law?

Not to mention it also proves ownership of the bike in case it were to be stolen. So basically being lazy and not wanting to pay 8 bucks for a transfer you guys are allowing yourselves for your bikes to be stolen and can be retitled by a shady towing company and you will never see this bad dog again.

I understand where you are coming from, but it can be sold with a bill of sale and then you can go to the DMV and get a title for it. I've seen it done before. It's a pain in the ass, but it can be done. But he's selling it as a race bike, which a lot of them out there are just like this, no title, just a bill of sale, and they just keep getting handed down like that. Ryan is a great guy and I know he wouldn't be selling a shady bike. If we (admins) thought it was stolen, we'd lock the thread and contact the proper authorities to check into it.

http://www.colorado.gov/cs/Satellite...&ssbinary=true

If someone stole it, you can report the VIN number as being a stolen bike, title or not. So if that shady towing company (like Denver West Towing.... fuck those guys) tried to retitle it, it would pop up as stolen.
    Last edited by Mother Goose; Wed Jul 23rd, 2014 at 10:24 AM.
    Chadwick
    MRA #825

"You live more for five minutes going fast on a bike like that, than other people do in all of their life." - Marco Simoncelli

First of all a signed bill of sale is the only legal document needed to sell a vehicle in the state of Colorado.

Second of all I work Monday thru Friday 8 to 6 so you tell me when I have time to go to the DMV and wait for 2 or more hours to get the title.

Third of all I've already sold two of these same bikes without titles this year and I have two more my garage that I need the sell.

Last of all, sale is pending.

Quote Originally Posted by WolFeYeZ View Post

Thanks Brad, miss you too!

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by aspenbum View Post
    First of all a signed bill of sale is the only legal document needed to sell a vehicle in the state of Colorado.

Second of all I work Monday thru Friday 8 to 6 so you tell me when I have time to go to the DMV and wait for 2 or more hours to get the title.

Third of all I've already sold two of these same bikes without titles this year and I have two more my garage that I need the sell.

Last of all, sale is pending.

A little reading.

http://www.4dmv.com/co_buynsell_deal...state=Colorado
    Last edited by #1Townie; Wed Jul 23rd, 2014 at 01:59 PM.

Cool but irrelevant... He is just getting out of racing and selling what he has. Thus, not for the purpose of obtaining profit. Can you just leave his for sale thread alone?
    MRA Expert #880 - 2015 AmateurGTO Champion, 2013 NoviceGTU Champion
    2006 YZF-R6 Race "No name" - 2005 YZF-R6 Street "Aurora"
    2015 Sponsors: Dunlop, Speedin Motorsports, STM Suspension, Silkolene Lubricants, EBC Brakes, Pit-Bull Products

Text: (72O) 432-7236

Gold Member

Guess I'm back to hurting feelings.

He might be a nice guy but really the only reasons I have heard of to sell a bike without a title is because one.. Lazy... Two tax fraud.. Three cheap.

But no I'm a dickhead for calling it what is.

Or maybe I take the stand on this because of how many times people doing things like this affected my living. How many times I watched as people sold bikes without titles because they didn't want to pay on their loans.

So no. I make these posts every time I see a bike being sold without a title. And I always will. I don't care who's feelings get hurt.

He might be a nice guy but really the only reasons I have heard of to sell a bike without a title is because one.. Lazy... Two tax fraud.. Three cheap.

Or maybe I take the stand on this because of how many times people doing things like this affected my living. How many times I watched as people sold bikes without titles because they didn't want to pay on their loans.

So no. I make these posts every time I see a bike being sold without a title. And I always will. I don't care who's feelings get hurt.
    Trust me dude you could never hurt my feelings.
    In all honesty it seems like you're the only one in this thread with hurt feelings.

So now you have another reason why people sell bikes with out titles because theyre track only or race only bikes. I would understand if I was trying to sell this bike as a street bike and no title, but im not. So please leave my thread alone and never bash another one again.

Quote Originally Posted by aspenbum View Post
    Trust me dude you could never hurt my feelings.
    In all honesty it seems like you're the only one in this thread with hurt feelings.

So now you have another reason why people sell bikes with out titles because theyre track only or race only bikes. I would understand if I was trying to sell this bike as a street bike and no title, but im not. So please leave my thread alone and never bash another one again.
    Funny. From a different thread.

You are trying to use reason. There is no reason when it comes to angry dumb people. I'm just saying it isn't worth it. It just isn't.
    Honestly Townie, you are correct and so are they. Sure, some people just stop paying their note and sell their bike but there are also people that have legit track bikes that dont have titles. Its only necessary for a bike to be titled for registration. A bill of sale will suffice.

Ask yourself this. If its not required to title a race bike why would people? There is zero benefit to taking that extra step.
    Mo-Door.com - Contact me for CSC pricing

Mo-Door on: Twitter Facebook

There are remedies in place for people doing that. You aren't the law. Get a life.

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by 07D675CO View Post
    There are remedies in place for people doing that. You aren't the law. Get a life.
    Hahahaha hello noob.

I have hurt feelings? I don't think so. Hey op if you know in your heart you are far above the board why defend yourself? Why have this group all coming out to defend you?

I'm just a random dude who hates shit like this. Simple as that. You want the thread to die stop posting yourself.

Why defend your actions if there is no wrong doing? Maybe I'm striking a nerve?

Again selling a bike with no title is 100% SHADY.

Gold Member

Ezzz let me ask you this. If a title came with the bike where did it go?

Ezzz let me ask you this. If a title came with the bike where did it go?
    It could "go" anywhere.

Here is a typical race bike scenery:

A bike gets laid down. Instead of spending money to fix it back to OEM the rider decides to take the insurance payout and make it a track bike. The insurance company issues a S title and the owner throws that in the trash. It means nothing if the bike is going to live on the track.

It also makes for a much easier selling process between the track guys. You just sell the bike and dont have to go the DMV.

Yea the whole MRA/WERA and every other race league in the U.S is full of shady people so go ahead and call the cops on all of them since according to you is all shady. 90% of race bikes out there get sold with no title because as long as the VIN is clean racers don't give a shit as it will never see the street... matter of fact go to every race weekend and start impounding everyone's bikes
    www.mo-door.com
    https://64degreeracing.com/

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR (Always say I'm done riding but the results state that I lied... )

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by madvlad View Post
    Yea the whole MRA/WERA and every other race league in the U.S is full of shady people so go ahead and call the cops on all of them since according to you is all shady. 90% of race bikes out there get sold with no title because as long as the VIN is clean racers don't give a shit as it will never see the street... matter of fact go to every race weekend and start impounding everyone's bikes
    Or all these racers can start paying their taxes like everyone else. Get their title and be ligit.

Honestly bro and to be real honest this thought right here is what creates a black market for thieves. This thought process. It creates the gaps for stolen merchandise to be sold to others.

Its also why I laugh at people who get fucked by a craigslist sale.

But if you really want me to I'm sure I could look up some old friends that are in co dealers board and pass some info along. But that would be a real dicked thing to do as those guys take things way more serious than I do.

As long as the bike was never reported stolen by the owner (someone with a title or bill of sale) then there is nothing anyone could do. You cant just repo a bike because the owner decided to not title the bike.

Here is a twist for you.... Id bet 50+% of the bikes that are sold "titleless" are in fact able to be titled.

I get the part of all this that bugs you but there is also a similar outcome thats legit.

Honestly Townie, we're cool bro but I've got to say everyone else in this thread is right. You're right in the event if a person is trying to sell a "track bike" for "street use" and not to another track rider or racer. If someone were to do just that, they would have to make the bike "streetable" and provide a proper Title and Bill of Sale.

However, if a bike becomes a permanent track bike and will live out it's days in a "off road use only" scenario, then no it wouldn't require a title. As the bike will never see "public roads" thus having to forgo the obligatory licensing fees and title fees. The bike in question has been re-purposed for "track only use" and requires no title.

In the event if should get stolen, a VIN would need to be provided to the proper authorities and the reporting person would also have to notify law enforcement that it's a track only bike and has no title(least that's what I would do). Also in the event it does get stolen because it is a track bike the owner could be just sh*t out of luck in it ever being found again. As there would be no title to help track it should a future owner try and title it. I'm sure if someone steals a bike they are more than capable of getting a false/fake title made for it. Title fraud can be done.

I don't know man, I think you might be getting a little hot under the collar for nothing in this instance. I certainly wouldn't bat an eye at buying a track bike with no title. Especially since it would be a dedicated "track only" bike.

Relax mang and have a few beers.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

And about "paying their taxes". When you registers something the taxes for automobiles go towards paying for the maintenance of roads, bridges etc. If a bike is not on the public roads causing wear and tear, then why would you expect them to pay for it?

When they go to the track, they pay their "taxes" to race. That money is in turn used for the wear and tear of the track.

Dont complicate this Towndawg. Im sure being in the biz leads to certain frustrations that most people dont see but in this case there is two sides to the coin.