Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Why not title a bike?

Gold Member

Re: 2004 gsxr 600

Why is it everyone is thinking I'm hot? Most of you who keep saying this have been around long enough to know when I'm actually angry and when I'm not.

"You stupid mother fuckers I fucking hate you and hope you would fucking die"

That's angry.

I'm just posting.

Simple facts. A motor vehicle is being sold and thus a title is part of that sale. Fact a dealers license is needed after so many sales in one year.

Also part of the whole point of getting your title is that you pay the taxes on it.

But really guys I don't give two flying fucks about any of that.

What this is doing is creating a normal market for someone shady to pull some fast ones. Is that not worth anything to any of you? Its clear op is friends with a lot of you and must be a really outstanding guy for so many people to show support. Good for him.

All I'm trying to say is that when you make this a norm you make yourselves open to some real bad situations. And yes I have repod from people who bought a bike without a title. They paid a few grand cash for the bikes. Now they have no money and no bike. Yes there is ways to recover your money ie small claims but at the end of the day it can be avoided.

That's all.

I'm not saying dude is doing this. And honestly I'm surprised at the shock in here as I have made these posts before. Numerous times. Actually every time I see a bike for sale with no title.

So really guys its not me all worked up. I'm actually chill as fuck bra. Lol.

Then do it, give them a call and get us the shady out of the way. The bike is not being used in public roads so why pay tax on that? Then to be fair tax bicyclists then since they use public roads too. Like EJ said agreed in some instance and there is concern of course to open gap to the low lifes and dishonest as you said buy in this specific sale not the case.
    www.mo-door.com
    https://64degreeracing.com/

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR (Always say I'm done riding but the results state that I lied... )

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ezzzzy1 View Post
    And about "paying their taxes". When you registers something the taxes for automobiles go towards paying for the maintenance of roads, bridges etc. If a bike is not on the public roads causing wear and tear, then why would you expect them to pay for it?

When they go to the track, they pay their "taxes" to race. That money is in turn used for the wear and tear of the track.

Dont complicate this Towndawg. Im sure being in the biz leads to certain frustrations that most people dont see but in this case there is two sides to the coin.
    Really? So why in the flying fuck is the state charging tax on a dirt bike?

Dude its a sales tax. Yes some of that goes to roads but that's more the registration.

And honestly man I'm just bored. Like normal. The part I have liked the most about this thread is the ammo provided to keep it going. Lol

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by madvlad View Post
    Then do it, give them a call and get us the shady out of the way. The bike is not being used in public roads so why pay tax on that? Then to be fair tax bicyclists then since they use public roads too. Like EJ said agreed in some instance and there is concern of course to open gap to the low lifes and dishonest as you said buy in this specific sale not the case.
    Bro simmer the fuck down. I was refering to him and all the bikes he's been selling. The wrath of that board is not something I would want to see brought down on anyone.

Just chill the fuck out. Wait. No get pissed. Get super angry.

But honestly man I'm trying to look out for you and your buddies and your getting pissed at me. That's funny.

Its the good advice that you just can't take. Its like meeting the man of your dreams and then meeting his beautiful wife. Lol.

Who said I'm angry? We're having a discussion I understand that. I know that you know a ton in that sense cause of what you do and like I said there, I understand and agree to an extent with you that it can be a danger and mainly with people that we don't know, I get that advice man. What we are trying to explain is that in the race scene there is an understanding in between seller and buyer to keep shit simple.
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR (Always say I'm done riding but the results state that I lied... )

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by madvlad View Post
    Who said I'm angry? We're having a discussion I understand that. I know that you know a ton in that sense cause of what you do and like I said there, I understand and agree to an extent with you that it can be a danger and mainly with people that we don't know, I get that advice man. What we are trying to explain is that in the race scene there is an understanding in between seller and buyer to keep shit simple.
    I said you're angry. By telling me to take action shows your frustration in the situation.

For a world so riddled with thieves I'm surprised any of you would accept a bike without a title. And now that I really think about it the bone race bike I bought had a title. Its not that hard to keep a title with a bike. YOU DONT EVEN HAVE TO GO TO DMV. The original seller who should have the title as it should have been sent to them after the purchase just has to hand it to you. Then when you sell it you hand it off again. Then when that guy sells it he hands it off again. Not all that complicated.

But yes very few times I ever felt bad about taking a bike was the first time I took it from a third party. After it happened more and more I no longer felt bad but laughed at them.

The only true excuse to sell a bike without a title is being lazy. Just simple and lazy. With that kind of state of mind you will in the long run open yourself up to misfortune.

But really we are kindnof beating a dead dog here.

To each its own
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

Gold Member

Only on Fridays.

Almost there lol
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

Gold Member

Ohhh how I wish.

Huge Member Site Admin Mother Goose's Avatar

Re: Why not title a bike?

Made you your own little thread to discuss and keep out of Ryan's for sale thread. Don't discuss it in his FS thread, or it will be immediately deleted.
    Chadwick
    MRA #825

"You live more for five minutes going fast on a bike like that, than other people do in all of their life." - Marco Simoncelli

Quote Originally Posted by #1Townie View Post
    What this is doing is creating a normal market for someone shady to pull some fast ones. Is that not worth anything to any of you? Its clear op is friends with a lot of you and must be a really outstanding guy for so many people to show support. Good for him.

All I'm trying to say is that when you make this a norm you make yourselves open to some real bad situations. And yes I have repod from people who bought a bike without a title. They paid a few grand cash for the bikes. Now they have no money and no bike. Yes there is ways to recover your money ie small claims but at the end of the day it can be avoided.
    If it was you selling a bike with no title, I'd defend you in the same way. If it was some n00b that we didn't know, then we might have an issue and have someone verify the VIN.

They probably should have checked the VIN # before they bought it. That's their fault!
    Chadwick
    MRA #825

"You live more for five minutes going fast on a bike like that, than other people do in all of their life." - Marco Simoncelli

Here's a situation for you guys.

A California race bike who is owned by AMA racer Chad Lewin sells his bike on the WERA forum. A Colorado MRA racer decides to buy the bike and picks it up with a California Title. The MRA racer decides he can't afford to race anymore and sells the bike to another racer in the state and hands over the CA title. That guy moves and the title gets lost in the process, maybe even thrown away accidentally. Then the racer gets hurt and decides to sell the bike. Uh oh, where's that CA title i got with this bike? ? Well i guess I'll just sell it as a race or track only bike because who needs the title for the racetrack?

True story.

Even funnier would be a conversation about stunt bikes.... Townie, how many of your buddies have titles on those?
    Mo-Door.com - Contact me for CSC pricing

Mo-Door on: Twitter Facebook

I will say this though, if that bike were to be stolen and then recovered by police, good luck getting it back without a title. A bill of sale won't help you at all either.

I'm not arguing that there aren't legitimate bikes without titles, but there are advantages to titled bikes. To each their own, some people are more concerned with it than others.
    Blair
    2000 GSX750F, 2003 YZ450F, 2004 GSXR750, 2006 ZX-14
    2013 CBR500R, 2016 YZF-R6 - MRA #760

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ezzzzy1 View Post
    Even funnier would be a conversation about stunt bikes.... Townie, how many of your buddies have titles on those?
    I can't speak for other people but every stunt bike of mine had a title. May not have been in my name. Hell even the race bike I turned into a stunt bike had a title. And where did I buy that bike? That's right CSC. He had his title. I don't remember if it was actually in his name or not but didn't care. He had the paperwork.

Again you guys can only come up with well we racers are cheap and lazy and because we are such outstanding dudes we don't care.

Goose its a little silly to create a thread about this. All I am doing is responding to other posts. If you guys want me to stop all you guys have to do is stop posting. Why am I being told to do something when others won't either?

Look guys again I will say this. Being lazy will open you to a world of hurt. That is all. Its real simple. No title... No sale..

U crazee man. Let it go...title or no title. I just don't like paying for taxes if it is not justified appropriately, like all of us here. I don't see the harm of it . Most if not all tack bikes will never be converted back to street legal. Too much hassle IMO ..

Racers buy new bikes from a dealer, they pay sales tax on it at this time. The bike is not titled at this point. If you pay cash they will give you the MSO. If they don't ride it on the street and convert it to a race bike there is no reason to title the bike and pay the fees (not taxes) for registering it.
    If a bike that is titled is sold, when the new owner titles and registers it, they will pay sales tax on the purchase price and they will pay registration fees to title it. The city, county and state should not get to charge sales tax every time the used vehicle is re sold IMO.
    My race bike has a title but it is signed but not dated from the original owner. The bike and title change hands with every sale but it won't be retitled until some squid wants to turn it back to street because they think that it's the cheap way to get a bike.

Quote Originally Posted by Bueller View Post
    ...My race bike has a title but it is signed but not dated from the original owner. The bike and title change hands with every sale but it won't be retitled until some squid wants to turn it back to street because they think that it's the cheap way to get a bike.
    Isn't that "title jumping"? Which is very illegal!!

Many moons ago my Uncle sold my brother a street bike. My uncle was title jumping (not registering in his name after the purchase) and sold the bike to my bro. Somehow my brother got busted when he went to register it. The charges were dropped when the paper trail was followed back to my uncle. Turns out ol' uncle John was doing this on many vehicles...
    Kim & Dean
    60th Anniversary R6 - '16 R1M

All I am doing is responding to other posts. If you guys want me to stop all you guys have to do is stop posting. Why am I being told to do something when others won't either? .
    Got to get the last word in? That is fucking childish.
    MRA Expert #880 - 2015 AmateurGTO Champion, 2013 NoviceGTU Champion
    2006 YZF-R6 Race "No name" - 2005 YZF-R6 Street "Aurora"
    2015 Sponsors: Dunlop, Speedin Motorsports, STM Suspension, Silkolene Lubricants, EBC Brakes, Pit-Bull Products

Text: (72O) 432-7236

Goose its a little silly to create a thread about this. All I am doing is responding to other posts. If you guys want me to stop all you guys have to do is stop posting. Why am I being told to do something when others won't either?
    It's not silly at all. I think it's an interesting discussion, I just didn't want it cluttering up a thread that started off as a guy just trying to sell a bike. So I made a new thread so people can or can not get butthurt.
    Chadwick
    MRA #825

Thank you for showing us all that you are the biggest hypocrite here. Not transferring a title for a motorcycle is this same thing as owning one without a title. If you buy a motorcycle with a title and you don't take it to the state and transfer it into your name you are also avoiding the sales tax and allowing yourself the same risk for theft as anyone with a bike without a title. So it should go without saying that you are just as cheap and lazy as anyone of us who has a bike without a title.

The difference with my situation is that I'm not cheap or lazy and I tried to get a title it just doesn't exist as it was written from another state and lost.

I can't speak for other people but every stunt bike of mine had a title. May not have been in my name. Hell even the race bike I turned into a stunt bike had a title. And where did I buy that bike? That's right CSC. He had his title. I don't remember if it was actually in his name or not but didn't care. He had the paperwork.

Again you guys can only come up with well we racers are cheap and lazy and because we are such outstanding dudes we don't care.

Look guys again I will say this. Being lazy will open you to a world of hurt. That is all. Its real simple. No title... No sale..

Quote Originally Posted by Kim-n-Dean View Post
    Isn't that "title jumping"? Which is very illegal!!

Many moons ago my Uncle sold my brother a street bike. My uncle was title jumping (not registering in his name after the purchase) and sold the bike to my bro. Somehow my brother got busted when he went to register it. The charges were dropped when the paper trail was followed back to my uncle. Turns out ol' uncle John was doing this on many vehicles...
    Yea if the bike was a street vehicle, as a race bike it is no different than a trail bike. And fuck the government and their revenue generating schemes. Weren't you bitching about paying ohv on top of plates.
    Why should I give them money for a bike that will never see the highway?

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by WolFeYeZ View Post
    Got to get the last word in? That is fucking childish.
    Isn't that the same as everyone else who responds to me? So because I reply to another I'm childish? Sorry fucking childish but all the others they are just what? Talking?