Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Why not title a bike?

Gold Member

Re: Why not title a bike?

Quote Originally Posted by aspenbum View Post
    Thank you for showing us all that you are the biggest hypocrite here. Not transferring a title for a motorcycle is this same thing as owning one without a title. If you buy a motorcycle with a title and you don't take it to the state and transfer it into your name you are also avoiding the sales tax and allowing yourself the same risk for theft as anyone with a bike without a title. So it should go without saying that you are just as cheap and lazy as anyone of us who has a bike without a title.

The difference with my situation is that I'm not cheap or lazy and I tried to get a title it just doesn't exist as it was written from another state and lost.

Hey at least I have paperwork for the bike. I'm not selling ten fucking bikes a year. Im not posting craigslist adds with no title bikes. And not even that but you are damn near asking top dollar for bikes that have no title. No fairings. What a fucking rip off.

So sir while you might be this great guy and all don't even come at me. Bra. Lol.

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kim-n-Dean View Post
    Isn't that "title jumping"? Which is very illegal!!

Many moons ago my Uncle sold my brother a street bike. My uncle was title jumping (not registering in his name after the purchase) and sold the bike to my bro. Somehow my brother got busted when he went to register it. The charges were dropped when the paper trail was followed back to my uncle. Turns out ol' uncle John was doing this on many vehicles...
    So see it is very illegal to to sell a bike with no title
    Well I am guilty of doing this once. At least I had the title. The only other bikes I ever sold title was in my name.

His about to the repeat offenders that are doing this with multiple bikes and playig it off as its just a track bike?

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by mdub View Post
    U crazee man. Let it go...title or no title. I just don't like paying for taxes if it is not justified appropriately, like all of us here. I don't see the harm of it . Most if not all tack bikes will never be converted back to street legal. Too much hassle IMO ..
    So why not at least keep the paperwork?

This is actually fun. I miss these days.

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mother Goose View Post
    It's not silly at all. I think it's an interesting discussion, I just didn't want it cluttering up a thread that started off as a guy just trying to sell a bike. So I made a new thread so people can or can not get butthurt.
    Oh is that what you did? From my point of view it was I was picking on your friend and you had to hold his hand through these tough times.

Quote Originally Posted by Bueller View Post
    Yea if the bike was a street vehicle, as a race bike it is no different than a trail bike.
    I was just pointing out that if you sell it without registering it in your name, it's title jumping. I don't think the state cares if it's only on the track, now.
    And fuck the government and their revenue generating schemes.
    I completely agree!!!!
    Weren't you bitching about paying ohv on top of plates.
    Fuck yeah I was!!
    Why should I give them money for a bike that will never see the highway?
    I agree!! They don't care, though.

When I was working on my boat, I called the DMV to see if I still had to keep it registered while it was down. They told me if I let the registration lapse, I would have to pay the $25/month fine (up to $100). Even though it was not running, I still had to pay. Worked out being cheaper to just keep the registration current. Same applies to project cars. Take two years to build a car and either keep the reg. current or pay the fine. Yup, it's total bullshit!!!!

You should call in sick tomorrow!
    Kim & Dean
    60th Anniversary R6 - '16 R1M

Quote Originally Posted by #1Townie View Post
    So see it is very illegal to to sell a bike with no title
    I never said that. I said if you don't register it in your name and then sell it, it's title jumping. The term "jumping" means that you bought it and then sold it without registering in your name. You jumped the title over yourself and skipped paying taxes. That's why it's illegal...

Nowhere in this thread am I talking about selling without a title.
    Kim & Dean
    60th Anniversary R6 - '16 R1M

its the same as some cars that are turned into Drag cars that can never go back to the street. frames been modified and the car can NOT be even if you tried
    alot hold on to the last title but that sometimes gets passed to 3 or 5 owners before its dead and gets crushed. but alot sell just as race car with a bill of sale

Yes the law says you are too. it makes it easy so when a vehicle is abandoned, or complained that is just sits there they can track and fine that last owner
    but insurance company's will insure race bikes that are not with a title, same as an race care it falls under non-plated vehicle for it is not street usable

Even the the Trex that was made from cars that crushes cars has multi vins you do not have to have all the title just the proof you own it
    No tickets YET this year *Knock on wood*

07 Audi S4 DTM
    06 CBR 1000rr

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kim-n-Dean View Post
    I never said that. I said if you don't register it in your name and then sell it, it's title jumping. The term "jumping" means that you bought it and then sold it without registering in your name. You jumped the title over yourself and skipped paying taxes. That's why it's illegal...

Nowhere in this thread am I talking about selling without a title.

How is this any different? I really want to see this response.

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by AOK303 View Post
    its the same as some cars that are turned into Drag cars that can never go back to the street. frames been modified and the car can NOT be even if you tried
    alot hold on to the last title but that sometimes gets passed to 3 or 5 owners before its dead and gets crushed. but alot sell just as race car with a bill of sale

Yes the law says you are too. it makes it easy so when a vehicle is abandoned, or complained that is just sits there they can track and fine that last owner
    but insurance company's will insure race bikes that are not with a title, same as an race care it falls under non-plated vehicle for it is not street usable

Even the the Trex that was made from cars that crushes cars has multi vins you do not have to have all the title just the proof you own it
    Unlike cars that have been turned into racers a bike can very easily be made street legal again.

Townie you are the most button pushing guy on here. Why start all this and continue all this? You must REALLY be bored as fuck in NV.

Re: 2004 gsxr 600

Guess I'm back to hurting feelings.

He might be a nice guy but really the only reasons I have heard of to sell a bike without a title is because one.. Lazy... Two tax fraud.. Three cheap.

But no I'm a dickhead for calling it what is.

Or maybe I take the stand on this because of how many times people doing things like this affected my living. How many times I watched as people sold bikes without titles because they didn't want to pay on their loans.

So no. I make these posts every time I see a bike being sold without a title. And I always will. I don't care who's feelings get hurt.
    Wow! This thread is ridiculous. It is perfectly legal to sell a bike or car without a title. If you dont get a title with a sale you should probably check the vin to see if there are liens on it. Obviously, you and your friends are a little too dense to comprehend that.

Unlike cars that have been turned into racers a bike can very easily be made street legal again.
    can is the main word so CAN a car it depends who you sell to and what they want to.
    its why you can file for a recovery Title when there is Non. you can buy it with out one

its Nice that you would like to warn people about the Law and to be 100% safe
    but common know practice does hold up in court too, You sold the vehicle with out signing a title if you wrote a bill of sale sale signed it and they prove they paid guess what VEHICLE WAS SOLD

07 Audi S4 DTM
    06 CBR 1000rr

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by j0ker View Post
    Townie you are the most button pushing guy on here. Why start all this and continue all this? You must REALLY be bored as fuck in NV.
    Yeah waiting on the insurance guy after the great flood of 2014. Lol.

Actually funny part is I'm actually looking out for their best interest. Am I being a dick? Yes. But just trying to prevent these great guys from being fucked in a bad purchase.

And what's really funny is this is not the first time I have bitched at someone selling a bike without a title here. Not sure why its turned into such a huge deal.

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by REZADO View Post
    Wow! This thread is ridiculous. It is perfectly legal to sell a bike or car without a title. If you dont get a title with a sale you should probably check the vin to see if there are liens on it. Obviously, you and your friends are a little too dense to comprehend that.
    Oh so now its legal? Ummmm. No its not. Not even close.

And yes because of the quote you wanted to pick I take great offense to people who sell off property they don't own. I take even greater offense to people who don't pay their bills.

I mean its not like this country's economy got all fucked up by people living outside their means. Buying houses and cars and toys they couldn't afford. But that's just a different topic at hand.

But no you really should see the look in someone's eyes that has purchased a bike without a title and you are now Repoing it from them. They paid for it. They have a bill of sale. I laugh and take it anyways.

Gold Member

can is the main word so CAN a car it depends who you sell to and what they want to.
    its why you can file for a recovery Title when there is Non. you can buy it with out one

its Nice that you would like to warn people about the Law and to be 100% safe
    but common know practice does hold up in court too, You sold the vehicle with out signing a title if you wrote a bill of sale sale signed it and they prove they paid guess what VEHICLE WAS SOLD
    And guess what. Title trumps bill of sale. This is why the state requires a title with a sale.

not if you write a bill of sale correct that title was not at sale due to what ever.
    there has been a few cases of vehicals sold at bandamire with no titles at races that ended up in court.

07 Audi S4 DTM
    06 CBR 1000rr

Yup. Perfectly legal. http://www.dmv.org/co-colorado/buy-s...egulations.php. Mind you, this process is if the current owner of the vehicle would like a title and there isnt one. I am pretty sure that you need a title to register a vehicle to receive plates and operate it on public roads.

Too dense to comprehend....

Gold Member

not if you write a bill of sale correct that title was not at sale due to what ever.
    there has been a few cases of vehicals sold at bandamire with no titles at races that ended up in court.

And that headache can be simply avoided. The scenerio I'm referring to is someone selling something they don't own to begin with. While yes once you go to court you will get your money back from the guy you bought from it might take several years for you to get that money back. And even more court days.

Gold Member

Yup. Perfectly legal. http://www.dmv.org/co-colorado/buy-s...egulations.php. Mind you, this process is if the current owner of the vehicle would like a title and there isnt one. I am pretty sure that you need a title to register a vehicle to receive plates and operate it on public roads.

Too dense to comprehend....
    A couple of exceptions do exist, but only when buying vehicles from Canada, where the registration document serves as proof of ownership.

Try again?

Oh you're thinking the surity bond way. Well that is what you have to do for classics or mechanic leans. There is also steps for towing companies to get a title. But none of those have anything to do with a purchase like this.
    Last edited by #1Townie; Thu Jul 24th, 2014 at 01:02 PM.

Huge Member Site Admin Mother Goose's Avatar

Oh is that what you did? From my point of view it was I was picking on your friend and you had to hold his hand through these tough times.
    That's why you're wrong, and I'm right. jk. We do it with any thread that goes way off (if we notice it), usually we just delete the crap and no one even notices that there was something there. I could have done that, but this is more funner.
    Chadwick
    MRA #825

"You live more for five minutes going fast on a bike like that, than other people do in all of their life." - Marco Simoncelli

You really are stupid.

If you buy a vehicle without a title or want to sell a vehicle and can't get a duplicate a title because you never had one in the first place, you need to establish ownership via a surety bond.

Means that it isnt illegal to buy or sell a vehicle without a title. You only need to go through the "surity bond way", as you so eloquently put it, if you want to operate the vehicle on public roads.

Dense!

Wait a second, I thought this was Colorado sport bike club riders?

Why do we even let people in from other states?

Gold Member

You really are stupid.

If you buy a vehicle without a title or want to sell a vehicle and can't get a duplicate a title because you never had one in the first place, you need to establish ownership via a surety bond.

Means that it isnt illegal to buy or sell a vehicle without a title. You only need to go through the "surity bond way", as you so eloquently put it, if you want to operate the vehicle on public roads.

Dense!
    That is saying if it never came with a title. As in before vehicles had titles. Not dense.

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by aspenbum View Post
    Wait a second, I thought this was Colorado sport bike club riders?

Why do we even let people in from other states?
    What's this we shit? Because I just moved to nv a few years ago? Simmer down stumpy.