Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: Why not title a bike?

Gold Member

Re: Why not title a bike?

Quote Originally Posted by aspenbum View Post
    I just picked myself up from the floor after laughing too hard.

And bro I've already explained this. the title was from California it's now in Colorado, California will not issue me another title. that's why there's no title.
    No there is. That's my point. But really man no I'm sorry. I'm not sure why I said that. I never call someone that. Just kind of popped into my head. That's fucked and I'm sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by #1Townie View Post
    I mean the topic at hand was a stock gsxr. If its stock wouldn't it have a stock frame? That would come with a title at some point?
    Re read this, bike can be untitled.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bueller View Post
    Racers buy new bikes from a dealer, they pay sales tax on it at this time. The bike is not titled at this point. If you pay cash they will give you the MSO. If they don't ride it on the street and convert it to a race bike there is no reason to title the bike and pay the fees (not taxes) for registering it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kim-n-Dean View Post

When I was working on my boat, I called the DMV to see if I still had to keep it registered while it was down. They told me if I let the registration lapse, I would have to pay the $25/month fine (up to $100). Even though it was not running, I still had to pay. Worked out being cheaper to just keep the registration current. Same applies to project cars. Take two years to build a car and either keep the reg. current or pay the fine. Yup, it's total bullshit!!!!

You should call in sick tomorrow!
    Was your boat titled or the trailer?

Can't call in, too much shit going on right now. Hopefully I'll get out early.

This thread is epic. Haven't had a good old smack session in awhile. Brings back memories of CSC days gone by.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

Was your boat titled or the trailer?
    Yeah, the trailer. No title for boats.
    Can't call in, too much shit going on right now. Hopefully I'll get out early.
    You coming over tonight?
    Kim & Dean
    60th Anniversary R6 - '16 R1M

No hard feelings I think it's seriously really funny that you said that tho.

And my point is I wasn't being lazy I just physically can't get the title I know that the title exists somewhere but it's just out of my control at this point.

No there is. That's my point. But really man no I'm sorry. I'm not sure why I said that. I never call someone that. Just kind of popped into my head. That's fucked and I'm sorry.

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by aspenbum View Post
    No hard feelings I think it's seriously really funny that you said that tho.

And my point is I wasn't being lazy I just physically can't get the title I know that the title exists somewhere but it's just out of my control at this point.
    Well there is ways. There is for sure ways. Lol.

As with all wars on the CSC, this one ends with everyone friends again.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

In A Land Far Far Far Away Lifetime Supporter

This was awesome read, if not for anything else just seeing the different perspectives.

And guess what. Title trumps bill of sale. This is why the state requires a title with a sale.
    In the State of Colorado the Title IS and CAN BE the bill of Sale, a Bill of sale on its own is to highlight certain aspects of the sale or vehicle being sold such as "AS IS" or any noted damages, liens, loans, or accidents that may be on the vehicles history that will protect both the buyer and seller.

You know damn well i know this and i know it well

So who are you really? And why did you make a new screen name?

Grim... Stop fucking with me.
    As much as i wish i could fuck with you cause i have that kind of non gay love for you, I don't have time to facilitate such an argument, plus i don't pander down to name calling...that's just plain weak and too easy, gotta be sophisticated to tango with Townie!!!

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grim2.0 View Post
    In the State of Colorado the Title IS and CAN BE the bill of Sale, a Bill of sale on its own is to highlight certain aspects of the sale or vehicle being sold such as "AS IS" or any noted damages, liens, loans, or accidents that may be on the vehicles history that will protect both the buyer and seller.

You know damn well i know this and i know it well

As much as i wish i could fuck with you cause i have that kind of non gay love for you, I don't have time to facilitate such an argument, plus i don't pander down to name calling...that's just plain weak and too easy, gotta be sophisticated to tango with Townie!!!
    So its not you....

Its someone's second account. They know all the right buttons.

So come on people who is it. Don't hide behind a fake account.

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    As with all wars on the CSC, this one ends with everyone friends again.
    You shut your mouth when talking to me.
    Last edited by #1Townie; Fri Jul 25th, 2014 at 10:39 AM. Reason: Hahahaha shit your mouth. lol

Gold Member

As for the rest of your post. Grimster.

A bill of sale does not prove ownership or complete the sale. To ensure that you have proof of ownership and to protect yourself from any future liability, you must complete a title transfer.

http://www.dmv.org/bill-of-sale.php

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrodite View Post
    This was awesome read, if not for anything else just seeing the different perspectives.
    Yeah its been a while. Good times.

You shut your mouth when talking to me.
    Listen here damnit!! I've had enough guff from your kind of riff raff for one day.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    Listen here damnit!! I've had enough guff from your kind of riff raff for one day.
    Screw you guys... I'm going home!

As for the rest of your post. Grimster.

A bill of sale does not prove ownership or complete the sale. To ensure that you have proof of ownership and to protect yourself from any future liability, you must complete a title transfer.

http://www.dmv.org/bill-of-sale.php
    My post was in agreement to yours fool, I was stating the bill of sale is only to cover any oversights on the vehicle and both parties understand what they are giving/receiving know what i mean?

The title in Colorado is the only thing that matters to the DMV they could care less if you have a written out BOS the title to them is the BOS.

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grim2.0 View Post
    My post was in agreement to yours fool, I was stating the bill of sale is only to cover any oversights on the vehicle and both parties understand what they are giving/receiving know what i mean?

The title in Colorado is the only thing that matters to the DMV they could care less if you have a written out BOS the title to them is the BOS.
    Blaaahahaha sorry. Reading on the fly. But hey I just backed what you're saying with a link. Lol