Thread: Any top speed thrill seekers here?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Any top speed thrill seekers here?

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    Plus car's are vastly superior in aerodynamics. The 750 is probably just about done come 165, and my Jeep will do that on the top end. Up to 130 though, my Jeep wouldn't stand a chance, the bike would walk me like I'm standing still.
    Yeah a car can normally have a higher top end than most sportbikes. I agree and has lot to do with aerodynamics; going 120 in a car seems like going 90, but in a bike 120mph you better be tucked in and under your windshield as the bike gets squirrly if you sit up at those speeds

I actually learned this the hard way that any car can be fast. I was in a modded Eclipse (not too fast) but this Civic that looked all ghetto pulled up to me and was wanting to race. We both took off and I killed him for a minute, but all of a sudden his turbo kicked in and he flew by me like a sportbike would. Come to find out Civics are known to be modded with huge turbos so the lag sucks, but when it kicks in it is like they have NOS. I'll never underestimate a Honda Civic again. Basically any car can be modded to be super fast as my buddy had a VW bug with a Porsche turbo engine and we would go around challenging Mustangs and Camaros and beat them....thing would wheelie when it took off.

Like this one; pause at about 0:18 and you can see the massive turbo in this tiny car https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yc_DIuk_-2c
    Last edited by bulldog; Wed Feb 4th, 2015 at 12:05 PM.
    Bulldog's Motto: F*ck around and I'm going to bite you!!!