Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Any top speed thrill seekers here?

Gold Member

Re: Any top speed thrill seekers here?

Quote Originally Posted by FZRguy View Post
    This guy survive?
    Actually yes he did. It was on reddit. The rider he is looking at is his cousin. He made the update with the video like a year later. Dude hot jacked up but yes he survived.

Quote Originally Posted by #1Townie View Post
    Ohhhhhh shit another CHiPs reference. THATS TWO IN ONE WEEK!!!

Shit is getting real son.
    WHISKEY TIME MOTHAFUCKAS!!
    Clearly there are some awesome people here that miss the simpler times when the only concern they had was when Michael Knight, the Duke Boys, Lee Majors, Airwolf, Magnum, or John and Ponch came on next. Damn the 80s had some awesome TV.

Jason
    07 600RR
    07 Speed Triple -[COLOR=rgb(255,0,0)] [/COLOR]GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN[COLOR=rgb(255,0,0)][/COLOR]

Dude.. they just did the air field topspeed drag was 30 buck to run down the Air field runway to get top speed
    they have one more this year i think way safer the condition of the roads and how bad the drivers have been this year oi

a gtr i think held the tops speed
    No tickets YET this year *Knock on wood*

07 Audi S4 DTM
    06 CBR 1000rr

as my granddad would say, I only do a strong 75. That airfield thing sounds pretty cool though
    also, thanks for making this great thread

Present: 2006 GSXR 750 (black/yellow), 2006 Yamaha R6r (blue)
    Sold: 2011 Ninja 250 (green/black), 2007 R6s (blue)

Quote Originally Posted by AOK303 View Post
    Dude.. they just did the air field topspeed drag was 30 buck to run down the Air field runway to get top speed
    they have one more this year i think way safer the condition of the roads and how bad the drivers have been this year oi

a gtr i think held the tops speed
    Bikes were not/are not allowed.

The closest sanctioned land speed race where bikes can race is the Texas Mile which is about 17 hours away.

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hibs View Post
    Bikes were not/are not allowed.

The closest sanctioned land speed race where bikes can race is the Texas Mile which is about 17 hours away.
    Don't explain yourself to them. Be like gator and take NO shit!

Quote Originally Posted by JKOL View Post
    Clearly there are some awesome people here that miss the simpler times when the only concern they had was when Michael Knight, the Duke Boys, Lee Majors, Airwolf, Magnum, or John and Ponch came on next. Damn the 80s had some awesome TV.
    Very true, it was a much simpler time in the 80's. Seemed to be a lot less to worry about and it just wasn't as serious. As a kid I loved many of the 80's shows. Magnum and Knight Rider were two of my all time favorites. I, even remember all of the night time epic soap operas(i.e. Dynasty, Falcon Crest, Dallas), my Mother loved those shows and I, would watch them with her.

80's just had way cooler TV. Now I, couldn't even tell you what shows are on TV. The last TV show that I, really remember watching was Highlander back in the early 90's.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

Quote Originally Posted by ~Barn~ View Post
    The best part of this thread is that you're probably getting PMs from people and I'm sure it will be a blast, so long as the stars don't align and something bad happens. Enjoy the buzz and don't kill yourself.

And oh yeah.... Are you expecting a better top speed from this run than your last?
    My previous best run was a few years ago, I had my drag race gearing, and with a GPS on board I went 183mph... swapped gearing, and then a couple weeks later went past a bike that went 187mph (GPS on his bike). I have swapped gearing again, and expect my current setup to take me around 195ish, but that's what I need to test out. I think I still need to go -1 in the rear to be over 200mph, but I want to test my current setup before I buy another sprocket.

My previous best run was a few years ago, I had my drag race gearing, and with a GPS on board I went 183mph... swapped gearing, and then a couple weeks later went past a bike that went 187mph (GPS on his bike). I have swapped gearing again, and expect my current setup to take me around 195ish, but that's what I need to test out. I think I still need to go -1 in the rear to be over 200mph, but I want to test my current setup before I buy another sprocket.
    I hit 198 on the ZX14 last summer. It felt pretty damn fast. I hate how everyone immediately jumped your shit about going fast when you KNOW almost everyone on here speeds on their bike. Your request does sound a little squiddy but hey, you know we ride em fast, quit talking shit guys.

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by j0ker View Post
    I hit 198 on the ZX14 last summer. It felt pretty damn fast. I hate how everyone immediately jumped your shit about going fast when you KNOW almost everyone on here speeds on their bike. Your request does sound a little squiddy but hey, you know we ride em fast, quit talking shit guys.
    Hey I'm a good boy. I have never done such squidly things.

Perfect little angel I tell ya.

GPS or Speedo? Takes a few mods to push a ZX14 to that actual speed.

People may think it's "squidish" ... but I can assure you, I'm not just some squid. I've got a pile of over 200 timeslips from drag racing, most in the deep 9s. Previous best of 10.0 at Bandimere. I am getting into Land Speed Racing though, and want to do some testing with my setup before I go and spend $1,000+ to take my bike to a sanctioned land speed event where I might only get a few passes in my attempt to run 200mph.

Like you said, I'm willing to bet, everyone on here has taken broken the law on their motorcycle in one way or another. Even Mr big bad self righteous law enforcement guy. Some on the canyons, some on a back stretch open highway, some leaving a stoplight a little to fast. I'm not talking about doing 200mph blasts down I25. I'm talking empty highway, least busy time of day, with only a couple people making one or two passes. Hate all you want. It's not going to hurt my feelings nor discourage me.

People may think it's "squidish" ... but I can assure you, I'm not just some squid. I've got a pile of over 200 timeslips from drag racing, most in the deep 9s. Previous best of 10.0 at Bandimere. I am getting into Land Speed Racing though, and want to do some testing with my setup before I go and spend $1,000+ to take my bike to a sanctioned land speed event where I might only get a few passes in my attempt to run 200mph.

Like you said, I'm willing to bet, everyone on here has taken broken the law on their motorcycle in one way or another. Even Mr big bad self righteous law enforcement guy. Some on the canyons, some on a back stretch open highway, some leaving a stoplight a little to fast. I'm not talking about doing 200mph blasts down I25. I'm talking empty highway, least busy time of day, with only a couple people making one or two passes. Hate all you want. It's not going to hurt my feelings nor discourage me.
    That was with GPS. I have a few mods on my 14, but back in Kansas it was running 185 stock.

Perfect little angel I tell ya.
    Of this, I have my doubts.

I once went 77 in a 75. It was pretty sweet!
    I've got more flavor than a packet of macaroni.

www.mo-door.com
    https://64degreeracing.com/

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR (Always say I'm done riding but the results state that I lied... )

Gold Member

Of this, I have my doubts.
    Nooooooooo. Yunobeliveme?

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jmetz View Post
    I once went 77 in a 75. It was pretty sweet!
    Dude that's nothing compared to 17 in a school zone. Now that's a rush!

Gold Member

Okay no bullshit here bud. I have no issues with what you want to do. Those same roses I learned how to wheelie on. I'm not bashing ya. But Aaron is a good dude. I give h a ton of shit but he's actually chill. Just for what's it worth.

Its your bike and your life. Who cares how you choose to live/ride as long as you're happy and don't hurt anyone. I know those straights and you can see for miles out there.

Enjoy your run and be safe bro.

PS don't tell Aaron I said he's cool. Have to maintain a reputation here.

CLOWNIE FTMFW!!

Dude that's nothing compared to 17 in a school zone. Now that's a rush!
    I got that beat. I once went 10 under in a Construction zone with a flagman directing traffic and shooting a wave to the flagman as I go by. You haven't lived until you've proceeded with caution through an active construction zone. If that ain't living on the edge, I don't know what is.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

Do you have someone run a couple miles ahead of you on the road and call back to you that it's all clear or how do you go about that? When I was coming back into Colorado earlier this month running in through Craig, there were those areas with miles of straights and no one to be seen but I just get paranoid that a cop could randomly be hiding somewhere out of sight. Then I get miles down the road without seeing anyone and think dang, could have had some fun the last few miles...

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    I got that beat. I once went 10 under in a Construction zone with a flagman directing traffic and shooting a wave to the flagman as I go by. You haven't lived until you've proceeded with caution through an active construction zone. If that ain't living on the edge, I don't know what is.
    Bro you had me rolling with that one.

Hwy 13 that runs north of Craig to the WY border. I've been a wee bit over the limit with miles of line of sight, tailwind going north. Hwy 40 from Vernal, UT east to CO border is also good for xxx run. Really can't think of any metro area roads that I would feel comfortable with it tho.
    John
    KTM Duke 690

Quote Originally Posted by FZRguy View Post
    Hwy 13 that runs north of Craig to the WY border. I've been a wee bit over the limit with miles of line of sight, tailwind going north. Hwy 40 from Vernal, UT east to CO border is also good for xxx run. Really can't think of any metro area roads that I would feel comfortable with it tho.
    I topped the KLR650 out on 40 East. 93mph GPS indicated, NBD...

Hwy 86 east of Kiowa running to I-70 is pretty lonely and has at least one good stretch of flat road. Elbert Rd that runs from Hwy 24 to 86 has some areas for short runs but carries more traffic.
    Last edited by FZRguy; Sat Jul 26th, 2014 at 09:49 PM.
    John
    KTM Duke 690