I installed an Akrapovic exhaust system on my 2013 KTM RC8R recently, and needed to get it dyno tuned so I took it up to Denver(I live in Pueblo) for one of the shops to map it it using Tuneecu to flash the ECU. I was told it would only take a few hours. I dropped the bike off July 11th. Stopped by the shop the next afternoon and found out the ECU was bricked/froze/wouldn't communicate and the shop was going to take it to Fay Myers the following Tuesday when they opened. Fay Myers couldn't fix it and the ECU had to be shipped to KTM North America for them to sort it out. No bike for last two weeks. Finally found out today the ECU is back(it's been back for a day or more). Fay Myers is waiting for the shop to pick up my bike. The shop still has to dyno it. The shop said they would see "if they could fit it in" so I can pick it up tomorrow. If I don't get it Saturday, I have to take time off work to drive up and get it during the week.

So here are my various questions:
1. Who is responsible for bricking the ECU? I brought a running motorcycle to a shop that claims they have done several with no problems. I believe them to be the experts so had no concerns for them flashing the ECU. I can see if the motor blew on the dyno- that would be on me. I could see if it locked up because there was some sort of electrical short/ physical damage/degraded condition(there isn't any)- that would be on me. If a shop is performing a service and something gets jacked up - who is responsible?

2. Do I have the shop attempt to finish dyno tuning the bike(which will require flashing the ECU again)? They are concerned it might lock up again(so am I- I don't want to go without riding for the good part of the summer). If not this shop, who else can flash KTM ECU's and dyno tune them in Colorado?

I also have to get Drama's GSXR dyno tuned for the new exhaust she put on, so I am looking for shop recommendations that could flash a Suzuki ECU as well.