Thread: Looking to try out a helmet - RF-1100, RF-1200 or Bell Carbon Star all in Medium

Senior Member Yearly Supporter Generic's Avatar

Looking to try out a helmet - RF-1100, RF-1200 or Bell Carbon Star all in Medium

I'm having a devil of a time in determining my next helmet purchase. Anyone out there have any of these helmets in medium they wouldn't mind me taking out for a ride? I'm looking to check noise levels vs. my Bell Vortex primarily. I've read a ton of reviews, but nothing's the same as putting it on my head and ears.

Thanks
    2005 Kawasaki Z750S

aka - The Devil Lifetime Supporter
    Site Admin

Re: Looking to try out a helmet - RF-1100, RF-1200 or Bell Carbon Star all in Medium

I don't have a medium, but we've had an RF1000 and an RF1100 for Sarah and they have been fantastic helmets. I raced in a X12 for a bunch of years and an X11 before that.

Shoei makes an excellent helmet and I would list ease of visor change, comfort and noise as their strongest points. In weaknesses I would list cost and that they are slightly heavier than the competition as the weaknesses. (mostly cost).

Bell has really come into their own lately. The Carbon Star will be lighter than your vortex, but likely quite a bit more noisy. I haven't spent a lot of time wearing one, so I don't have any first hand experience for you.

Re: Looking to try out a helmet - RF-1100, RF-1200 or Bell Carbon Star all in Medium

I have a medium Bell RS-1 for sale if you're interested... http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forum...hield-for-sale. I've heard the Star is quite noisy compared to the RS-1 and Vortex.
    --Dave
    2013 Honda VFR 1200F
    2014 Honda VFR800-SOLD
    2007 Honda VFR800-SOLD

2004 Kawasaki KLX300R

I just bought an RF1100 and love it. I had a 1000 and this 1100 is so much lighter and wind noise is not a factor. Ventilation is also top notch. I'm very pleased with the purchase. Also you can find 1100's at great prices online.