Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 335i vs wrx

Gold Member

335i vs wrx

so we can carry this conversation on.

I have played with a few rexs and they have fallen very short. the only thing I can think of is that most of the owners of those cars are young. Also my bmw is auto but I can switch to the paddle shifters. this has been very nice as I get the best of both worlds and I only miss the clutch on the launch. From a rolling start I will walk all over that awd beast. but with that being said im sure a ton of that also falls into lack of experience with shifting.

All in all I don't really race my car but there have been a couple cars that really wanted it. First one was a mustang and that was funny as shit. spanked in front of his chick. had a wrx sti really mess with me on my way down from Tahoe and again it was just funny. neither one really held up.

but on paper the times are really close. I don't know what one you have so here is a list.

http://www.zeroto60times.com/Subaru-0-60-mph-Times.html

this is the review of the 2006 but really still the same as my car.

http://www.leftlanenews.com/real-wor...ile-times.html

Re: 335i vs wrx

Busy day, but I don't see mine on that list. I have a 2014 WRX Limited; the 2.5 liter engine. I do have the STI exhaust and short shifter which may add a little. Also got lighter rims; four pnds lighter per rim over stock

This is always interesting though: The 268-hp turbo five six-speed manual are capable of quicker 0–60 times than the STI's 6 speed;

P.S. And before anyone says I thought I could beat a 335X I did not...just said it would be interesting since a 2006 vs 2014 and was more about racing one handed manual transmission vs a two handed manual transmission (to prove two hands do help)
    Last edited by bulldog; Thu Aug 7th, 2014 at 01:32 PM.
    Bulldog's Motto: F*ck around and I'm going to bite you!!!

Link on mine...same engine as last of the 2.5 liter: http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...on_first_test/

The WRX Special Edition launches hard, and accelerates from 0-60 mph in 4.7 seconds, beating the last WRX STI sedan we tested by 0.3 second. The WRX is faster in the quarter mile, too, racing down the dragstrip in 13.5 seconds at 100.0 mph, handily beating the WRX STI's 13.8-second time

should of bought an Audi is all im gonna say
    No tickets YET this year *Knock on wood*

07 Audi S4 DTM
    06 CBR 1000rr

Quote Originally Posted by AOK303 View Post
    should of bought an Audi is all im gonna say
    S60R. Can't go wrong with a Vo!
    Not to mention, only the classiest of women understand the intricacies of a Vo

also, why are we talking about 1/4 mile and 0-60 times for cars on a sportbike forum? Those 0-60 and 1/4 mile times are cute

Present: 2006 GSXR 750 (black/yellow), 2006 Yamaha R6r (blue)
    Sold: 2011 Ninja 250 (green/black), 2007 R6s (blue)

I'm pumped... Let's let the healing begin! Lifetime Supporter ~Barn~'s Avatar

I finally got my MS6 sold (for much less than what I wanted for it. Grr....) but I just picked up this beauty from a guy down in Phoenix as a replacement. It... like many of the aforementioned... also sucks when compared to a sportbike.

~Brandon~
    Aprilia RSV 1000 R Factory - "Gemma"
    MV Agusta F3 800 - "Amy Lou"
    Rattan Fat Bear Plus - "Lynda"
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

Damn dude, nice
    www.mo-door.com
    https://64degreeracing.com/

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR (Always say I'm done riding but the results state that I lied... )

I'm just kidding, I didn't buy that Audi.

I would like an RS5 at some point though. One of these days...
    ~Brandon~
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

Quote Originally Posted by ~Barn~ View Post
    I'm just kidding, I didn't buy that Audi.

I would like an RS5 at some point though. One of these days...
    Barn those RS5's are pretty sweet looking cars. Not a fan of Audi by any means but do like the way those cars look. Them and the R8. Good luck if you get one

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
    Busy day, but I don't see mine on that list. I have a 2014 WRX Limited; the 2.5 liter engine. I do have the STI exhaust and short shifter which may add a little. Also got lighter rims; four pnds lighter per rim over stock

This is always interesting though: The 268-hp turbo five six-speed manual are capable of quicker 0–60 times than the STI's 6 speed;

P.S. And before anyone says I thought I could beat a 335X I did not...just said it would be interesting since a 2006 vs 2014 and was more about racing one handed manual transmission vs a two handed manual transmission (to prove two hands do help)
    Believe it or not, over on the Camaro5 forum, the WRX seems to be main rival for the Camaro V6. I've always thought the WRX was quicker but looking at figures and times on-line, then seeing them in action on YouTube. I was surprised they aren't quicker. Seems to me, once they are modified they can be very quick.

But usually the older WRX's seem to pick on the Camaro V6 guys. Usually they get stomped by the SS or ZL1's if they race them. I'm sure the new WRX's are a lot quicker and more in the Camaro SS range now.

I will say this from first hand knowledge. That a 2006 WRX lightly modified beat my Camaro(V6) from a dig but I kept the front end of my car in the WRX's rear bumper. However, from a roll on race my Camaro left the WRX for dead. Especially going 2nd to 3rd. Once the V6 gets rolling it's actually got some serious grunt for what it is. It's still no monster in terms of out right speed but I'm pleasantly surprised by how quick the little V6 is.

Oh yeah, here's my lady as she sits now. Done a few upgrades to make the car look the way a Camaro should.

I'd race with you Townie just for the hell of it. I don't care if I lose(I'm sure I would against the 355i), just love running cars every now and then. Something different from the bike and road courses.

P.S.

If any ricers(i.e. Subie's) or V8's(Camaro SS/ZL1's) wants to pick on my little V6 lady(believe me I get so much shit from people for driving a V6 Camaro), I always recommend that they tackle her two wheel sister first

here they are after a nice bath....

Last edited by The Black Knight; Thu Aug 7th, 2014 at 07:56 PM.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

Gold Member

Gmr we are talking autos... In the auto section. I started the thread after the topic kind of come up in another thread. So to not thread jack it we moved over here. Stop being a noob.

Bulldog yeah they seem to be really close. Now what's not in those links is how easy it is to get a 335i to 500 HP. Its actually not much work and would cost very little to have a monster. But also being that mine is a hard top convertible its a lot heavier. But that's okay because its a blast to drop the top up at the lake. So fun.

Barn why did you sell your Audi?

Knight... Bro that is a sweet ride!!! Looks clean for sure. I'm really not into racing much anymore. But we could have some fun chasing the bikes in the mountains. Lol.

First car to test mine was a 2004ish mustang gt. It at least pipes on it. Very loud. Kept reving. When we left the light we didn't launch I just made sure to stay just ahead of him as he kept accelerating. After a few seconds he got annoyed and dumped and so did I. I walked all over that thing.

But really I just enjoy some simple drives in the mountains.

Gold Member

we did a 15k ticket on a dudes 335i at the shop. downpipes, exhaust, intakes, tune, KW v3s, front mount et cetera... thing pulled pretty hard it was fun. made about 380 to the wheels. my roommate just scooped an NSX, not fast but quick enough to have fun in. the attention it gets is just ridiculous.
    ~Scott #119

Quote Originally Posted by #1Townie View Post
    Gmr we are talking autos... In the auto section. I started the thread after the topic kind of come up in another thread. So to not thread jack it we moved over here. Stop being a noob.

Bulldog yeah they seem to be really close. Now what's not in those links is how easy it is to get a 335i to 500 HP. Its actually not much work and would cost very little to have a monster. But also being that mine is a hard top convertible its a lot heavier. But that's okay because its a blast to drop the top up at the lake. So fun.

Barn why did you sell your Audi?

Knight... Bro that is a sweet ride!!! Looks clean for sure. I'm really not into racing much anymore. But we could have some fun chasing the bikes in the mountains. Lol.

First car to test mine was a 2004ish mustang gt. It at least pipes on it. Very loud. Kept reving. When we left the light we didn't launch I just made sure to stay just ahead of him as he kept accelerating. After a few seconds he got annoyed and dumped and so did I. I walked all over that thing.

But really I just enjoy some simple drives in the mountains.
    Thanks mang, yeah I love my Camaro. I've never felt the way I do about a car the way I do with this. I'm keeping this one for sure.

It started out as a base 1LS Camaro. Very little power, cloth everything, ugly 18" Steel Heritage Wheels. So far I've added: Flowmaster Series 10 axle back, K&N Typhoon CAI, Elite Catch Can, 20% window tint, 20" ZL1 wheels from factory reproductions and the gun metal hash marks. I'm very happy with the way the car has turned out. Still want to do different headlights with the Halo's that the RS Camaro's get but not sure. Bike has taken funds away from the car ever since riding season started. All in all I can't complain, the only downside is it being black and sucks to keep clean. The upside is she's a head turner. I've gotten more compliments from women on this car than I can remember. They don't care what's under the hood, they just care that it looks sexy
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

Gold Member

Oh black is a bitch. Shows every scratch. Shows every little thing that's wrong.

Oh black is a bitch. Shows every scratch. Shows every little thing that's wrong.
    But when it's clean, it's the best color ever.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    But when it's clean, it's the best color ever.
    Yeah it is. Shines so nice. At night is the best.

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by sag View Post
    we did a 15k ticket on a dudes 335i at the shop. downpipes, exhaust, intakes, tune, KW v3s, front mount et cetera... thing pulled pretty hard it was fun. made about 380 to the wheels. my roommate just scooped an NSX, not fast but quick enough to have fun in. the attention it gets is just ridiculous.
    15k and all you guys got was 100hp?

Yeah man I ain't going to lie; my buddy had that same 2009 335i and with a tuner and new tune he got major power out of that car. Hence it is a V6 twin Turbo, so I am even impressed a 2.5 liter single turbo can even keep up...especially when we are talking about a $32K car vs a $45K car (new of course) About two months ago I did pull up to one at a stop light. We were on Santa Fe so had a pretty good open run and we were pretty much neck and neck, but he did have me by about 1/2 a car length. I bet a lot would come down to the launch as sometimes I can get a sick launch and other times it sucks; my first turbo as always had NA......still perfecting it, but trying to baby the car a bit too.

My issue for tuning is if I want to lose my warranty. A simple COBB tuner would get me to the 305hp WRX power and I hear greatly improve the power overall. I will just lose my warranty and have found no way that the dealer could not check my ECU to see my mapping was changed so at this point just trying to be content with it like it is. I really is the funnest car I have ever owned and so many possibilities for the Imprezas

You change your rims Townie to those black ones? Swore they were chrome, but I could have been trippin

Barn, you had me there for a minute....I was like "Damnnnnnn pimpin"

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    Barn those RS5's are pretty sweet looking cars. Not a fan of Audi by any means but do like the way those cars look. Them and the R8. Good luck if you get one

Believe it or not, over on the Camaro5 forum, the WRX seems to be main rival for the Camaro V6. I've always thought the WRX was quicker but looking at figures and times on-line, then seeing them in action on YouTube. I was surprised they aren't quicker. Seems to me, once they are modified they can be very quick.

But usually the older WRX's seem to pick on the Camaro V6 guys. Usually they get stomped by the SS or ZL1's if they race them. I'm sure the new WRX's are a lot quicker and more in the Camaro SS range now.

I will say this from first hand knowledge. That a 2006 WRX lightly modified beat my Camaro(V6) from a dig but I kept the front end of my car in the WRX's rear bumper. However, from a roll on race my Camaro left the WRX for dead. Especially going 2nd to 3rd. Once the V6 gets rolling it's actually got some serious grunt for what it is. It's still no monster in terms of out right speed but I'm pleasantly surprised by how quick the little V6 is.

Oh yeah, here's my lady as she sits now. Done a few upgrades to make the car look the way a Camaro should.

I'd race with you Townie just for the hell of it. I don't care if I lose(I'm sure I would against the 355i), just love running cars every now and then. Something different from the bike and road courses.

P.S.

If any ricers(i.e. Subie's) or V8's(Camaro SS/ZL1's) wants to pick on my little V6 lady(believe me I get so much shit from people for driving a V6 Camaro), I always recommend that they tackle her two wheel sister first

here they are after a nice bath....
    Yeah I think they just have a lot of possibilities for mods and different years which have different engines and tunes so they are across the board on power. My buddy had a STI with over 500HP and that thing was sick...until he could not pass emissions anymore....issues I had with my last Eclipse too.

Oh yeah I ain't about to bet no money on these races but would be fun I think. I just have a feeling it would come down to the launch most time...guess he has paddle shifters so would be more on my manual transmission launches....I burn the clutch and can get sick luanches; instant boost

Nice Camaro man

Here is mine:
    Last edited by bulldog; Fri Aug 8th, 2014 at 08:09 AM.

Gold Member

Yeah bro that's why I was shocked to see that post about only getting 100hp after a 15k ticket. I think on a dead stop launch the wrx would be a challenge. If doing the rolling start I don't think the wrx has much of a chance.

Low end power is a bit how doni say.... Lacking but once moving she goes. And fast.

Na man same rims. This winter the rims are going in for paint. I'm going to do a intake and exhaust. The crome around the windows is going. Doing black BMW badge. Sound system will get a boost. Nothing too major.

That is a pretty nice looking 'Maro TBK. The only thing that would make it look more beastly would be a honking V8 under the hood.
    ~Brandon~
    (720) 935-6438
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

Yeah bro that's why I was shocked to see that post about only getting 100hp after a 15k ticket. I think on a dead stop launch the wrx would be a challenge. If doing the rolling start I don't think the wrx has much of a chance.

Low end power is a bit how doni say.... Lacking but once moving she goes. And fast.

Na man same rims. This winter the rims are going in for paint. I'm going to do a intake and exhaust. The crome around the windows is going. Doing black BMW badge. Sound system will get a boost. Nothing too major.
    If you are interested I can ask him, but I am 99% sure he said he just bought the tuner (or maybe a chip) and unleashed major HP. We even talked about this race yesterday and first thing he asked was "is he stock or does he have a chip, because if he has a chip he will easily win, but without it they are pretty close". This is the same guy that had the 500+hp STI so I trust him. F*cker now has that BMW 535 MSport.....his brother has a BMW M6.

I must have been tripping then....I like those black rims. That guy with M6 did same as you pretty much...blacked out most of it and looks awesome.

I ungraded the sound system on mine. Came with a pretty nice Touchscreen with Navigation so I figured out how to use a LC2II to pull RCA outputs. Took out most the stock speakers and replaced them with Infinity Kappas and JL Audios. Then ran a set of edge driven Kappa tweeters powered by my amp in kick panels and used other side of amp to power my titanium Infinity Kappa 10" woofer. Finished it all up with Dynamat throughout car....installed it all myself including power wires to amp and all. Even installed a woofer control so I can bump when I want to...may be the best system I have made to date. All bolted down to stop the thieves
    Last edited by bulldog; Fri Aug 8th, 2014 at 09:16 AM.

That is a pretty nice looking 'Maro TBK. The only thing that would make it look more beastly would be a honking V8 under the hood.
    Oh yeah of course man. A big beastly fire breathing V8 is way cooler than my effeminate V6. Hahahaha, I've heard all Barn. Never gets old.

Apparently on the Camaro5 forum if it ain't a V8 you ain't a man type thing. The V6 vs V8 debates on that forun always flare up.
    Last edited by The Black Knight; Fri Aug 8th, 2014 at 09:34 AM.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

Egh... Honestly I say drive (and own) what you dig. I was just taking a free swipe at you, since you said you were kinda used to it. It'll be my only one, promise. =)

I wasn't kidding about what I think you've done to it though. Looks really good.
    ~Brandon~
    (720) 935-6438
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

Egh... Honestly I say drive (and own) what you dig. I was just taking a free swipe at you, since you said you were kinda used to it. It'll be my only one, promise. =)

I wasn't kidding about what I think you've done to it though. Looks really good.
    Oh it's all good mang. I knew you were foolin about. Yeah I was commenting about the Camaro5 forum I'm on. Lots of those guys on there are dicks. They have this mentality of V8 and V8 only. I've found it rather humorous that most of them can't comprehend the "Horsepower Per Liter" concept. I've gone round and round with them about the efficiency of the 3.6L V6 compared to their 6.0L V8's. My puny V6 is only 40hp shy of achieving the magical 100hp per liter benchmark that many performance engine builders are after. The SS Camaro can only muster a yawnfest of 71hp per liter. Granted the SS Camaro's are quicker because of their extra hp and prodigious torque compared to my V6. But I'm kind of not impressed with their 71hp per liter. I'm very proud of the V6 Chevrolet has developed and 90hp per liter is amazing in and of itself, regardless of how quick the car actually is.

I even had one guy tell me he didn't even know what I was talking about. Said, he'd never heard of the "horsepower per liter" concept. I'm thinking to myself, time to turn off "The Dukes of Hazard" re-runs and shelf the whole "Merica!" mindset. To realize that the rest of the modern motorsport world looks at performance figures in a completely different light. I guess it's what irritates me with most of the American car owner guys on Camaro5. I imagine most of them sitting around drinking PBR, yelling wooo doggie!! while humping their sisters and dreaming about their manly V8's.

Oh yeah, someone on the site asked if any of the Camaro5 members also rode motorcycles(no this wasn't me). After several of us posted up pics of our rides(many of them are Harley guys, a few of us on their are Sportbike riders). Those same inbred d-bags showed up in that thread commenting of how Harley's are the sh*t and us Sportbike riders are going to die on our bikes.

It's why I mainly hang out in the V6 sub-forums on the site. Most of the V6 guys are just looking to upgrade their cars and pretty level headed owners. I've yet to see a d-bag V6 owner. You can tell some of them are green horn drivers(lots of young guys getting V6's as their first car).

I'm with you, I say drive what you want and enjoy driving it. People love driving what they have because it means something to them. I can tell you this much, if I can ever get my hands on a Ferrari 308GT, I'd be one happy man. It's not the fastest Ferrari(slow in comparison to most Ferrari's), it certainly isn't the most cutting edge(we're talking 70's tech). But it's the car Magnum P.I. drove and I fell in love with that car when I was a kid. I would love to own a 308 and be very proud to drive a car that meant so much to me in my youth.

Thanks on compliments on what I've done to the car. It's taken a little time to get it the way I wanted. I went with the ZL1 wheels because there was a ZL1 at the dealership when I bought my V6 and I loved the wheels that came on the ZL1's. The C5 Corvette wheels I had on the car last year were nice but just didn't do the car justice. The 17" fronts and 18" rears were nice and nothing to sneeze at but they didn't fill the fenders at all and made the Camaro look a little awkward. The 20" ZL1 wheels are made directly for the Camaro and fill in the wheel wells perfectly.

Here's my lady on the day I picked her up:

here with the Vette wheels:

And present day:

Oh yeah, I did the rotors red with caliper paint.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"