Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 335i vs wrx

Gold Member

Re: 335i vs wrx

Well true unless you are talking actual heads up racing. And at that point your reaction time is extremely important.

But yes when you're just talking the clock you are 100% correct good sir.

As for the v6 vs v8 we had a six cylinder out there running very low 13s almost 12s. It was epic.

Exactly, heads up aka a pro tree. But most tracks don't run those unless they're running competitions.

Wow it was matching a stock SS time. That is epic *roll eyes*

Gold Member

Ummmm. You really want to come in here and be a dick? Have we not already been down this road? Did you even bother reading this thread before posting?

I'm not trying to be a dick, but low 13s just isn't epic anymore. We're in a world where a showroom bike can run low 9s and a showroom Vette can pull high 10s. My BMW was a quick car when it was new, today, it's anemic. And while a low 13 isn't anemic, it's far from epic. You're BMW can run low 11s with $1000 under the hood.

Drano, just read that you wrote "slightly less." I'll buy that, they are at 321 and a LS1 was rated (Although significantly under-rated, at 345). So that is slightly less, just the weight that kills it.

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    Oh yeah of course man. A big beastly fire breathing V8 is way cooler than my effeminate V6. Hahahaha, I've heard all Barn. Never gets old.

Apparently on the Camaro5 forum if it ain't a V8 you ain't a man type thing. The V6 vs V8 debates on that forun always flare up.

Flashbacks from my former v6 mustang. I wish I still had a fun run-around car.

My F150's nice, but it's a bitch to get around in DC in my "little" ecoboost girlie truck. (with any luck, this will soon change)

Like you, I've come to the point that I just don't really care.
    Do not put off living the life you dream of. Next year may never come. If we are always waiting for something to change...
    Retirement, the kids to leave home, the weather or the economy, that's not living. That's waiting!
    Waiting will only leaves us with unrealized dreams and empty wishes.

Quote Originally Posted by salsashark View Post

My F150's nice, but it's a bitch to get around in DC in my "little" ecoboost girlie truck. (with any luck, this will soon change)

How do you like the Ecoboost overall? Been considering one for towing the travel trailer with.

Quote Originally Posted by salsashark View Post

HAHA I hear ya man. I love my V6 Camaro. Love the look, love the fuel mileage(gets 21mpg's in town) best ever was 32mpg on highway. Has plenty of power to get out of its own way and pass others on the road. Yeah it's not warp speed fast but then again I've never been in a car that was warp speed fast. Nothing compared to any of my Liter bikes. I've been in a few fast cars but they are "nice" at best in terms of being fast.

I will say this that the 323hp 3.6 LFX V6 in my Camaro is superb. Compared to my 1995 Z/28 LT1 that was rated at 275hp, it's not much slower. I would love to have run them together on a roll on race. From the dig my Camaro is slow to move. However, from a roll on it's quicker than expected. I've caught a few Subie's, Camaro V8's and even one C5 Corvette by surprise during a roll race. The guy in the Corvette had the best reaction, the look on his face that some V6 Camaro was right in his rear wheel the whole time was worth it.

Like I say, from a dig all of the cars I've gone up against would beat me. From a roll on, it's a whole different story. I've always felt "from the dig" races are a combination of power and weight. Whereas roll on races are more about whose got the most power or better power delivery.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

Quote Originally Posted by birchyboy View Post
    How do you like the Ecoboost overall? Been considering one for towing the travel trailer with.
    It's been a great truck. The ecoboost is great.

- good MPGs (when driving conservatively). I average 17 day to day. And get in the low 20s dragging bikes down to South Carolina. Compared to the 5.9L ram, easily 50% improvement.
    - Performance is fine. Lots o' torque, and you can really feel the turbos when you stomp on it... however, please see previous point. MPGs take the hit for this.
    - I don't think I'd want to pull a monster trailer, but a popup, or a bike trailer, no problems.

I also have to admit, the quality of the truck is second to none. I've looked at other vehicles and nothing (in the same genre) is anywhere near. I was in CO over the 4th of July and borrowed my dad's avalanche. He bought it about 6 months before I got my truck and I was shocked at how poorly the truck is aging.

Got a wild hair up my ass a few months ago and test drove some subarus... looking for something small. They felt link rinky dink toys. Little rattle box vehicles. After getting back into the truck, I can see where the extra $$s went.

I don't necessarily think the FX trim level was necessary, but the creature comforts are nice. Just like grip warmers on a bike... Once you get heated seats, you never want to go back! There's something to be said to fire up the remote start while getting ready to head out and having a nice warm truck (seats included) by the time you get the windows scraped...
    Do not put off living the life you dream of. Next year may never come. If we are always waiting for something to change...
    Retirement, the kids to leave home, the weather or the economy, that's not living. That's waiting!
    Waiting will only leaves us with unrealized dreams and empty wishes.

Senior Member Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    As as for the Camaro V6 making as much power as the 8 did in 2002, not quite. My Dad's car put 332 to the rear wheels bone stock, and ran a 12.8. Consider the 5th gens added like 1,000lbs, and they're no rocket ship. They're quick, no doubt, but a 4th gen SS will have no problem walking a 5th gen SS. Can't say the same for the 6's, the 5th gen will take that shitty 3.8 any day.
    Drano, just read that you wrote "slightly less." I'll buy that, they are at 321 and a LS1 was rated (Although significantly under-rated, at 345). So that is slightly less, just the weight that kills it.
    Alright, well lets clarify a few things here. You're claiming that your dad's "bone stock" SS is putting out 332 to the wheels. Then we talk about it via text and you clarify that the SS is actually running the SLP Performance pack, which, in your opinion, is still stock since it came from the factory that way. The SLP package was not done "at the factory" it is an aftermarket mod (done at SLP's facilities) using LS6 components. That immediately spoils any "bone stock" assumption you try to make. If your dad's Camaro was bone stock, it would not have A/C, t-tops, TC, and so on. In fact, the SS package is actually a Z28 option. Bone stock, indeed...

From the factory, the SS Camaro was rated at 330hp at the crank and was pushing around 300 to the wheels. While the SLP pack dramatically improved on that, it was not something Joe Schmoe was likely to encounter on the showroom floor of his dealership unless a buyer had backed out after placing the order.

Your dad's SS is a highly modified machine that happened to be an acceptable, factory-warrantied option. Far from bone stock, my friend.

So, let's say that your penis is normally 4.5 inches in length, but using a penis-pump you're able to get it to a nice 5 inches. Technically, it's still your penis, you just *cough* inflated your numbers a little bit.
    Last edited by Drano; Sun Aug 24th, 2014 at 06:48 PM.

Gold Member

I'm not trying to be a dick, but low 13s just isn't epic anymore. We're in a world where a showroom bike can run low 9s and a showroom Vette can pull high 10s. My BMW was a quick car when it was new, today, it's anemic. And while a low 13 isn't anemic, it's far from epic. You're BMW can run low 11s with $1000 under the hood.

Well I guess it just depends on the money you have. I guess if you have 80k to drop on a car you're cool. But then again you just a honda civic compared to a lambo or any other "really fast " cars.

The slomero I mean camero is a nice car but would never hold its own against an Italian monster. Hell even my BMW would be looked at as a old used pos in Beverly hills or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by #1Townie View Post
    Well I guess it just depends on the money you have. I guess if you have 80k to drop on a car you're cool. But then again you just a honda civic compared to a lambo or any other "really fast " cars.

The slomero I mean camero is a nice car but would never hold its own against an Italian monster. Hell even my BMW would be looked at as a old used pos in Beverly hills or something like that.
    "nice car, what's the retail on one of those??"

"more than you can afford pal, Ferrari!!" rev, rev rev!!
    Last edited by The Black Knight; Sun Aug 24th, 2014 at 06:18 PM.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

Senior Member Moderator

"hey what's the pricetag on that thing??"

"smoke em"
    ZOMG TBK, you have a serious love-affair with The Fast and the Furious. You might want to get that checked!

Gold Member

"nice car, what's the retail on one of those??"

"more than you can afford pal, Ferrari!!" rev, rev rev!!
    Hahahaha I wasn't even including Ferrari in my mind. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Drano View Post
    ZOMG TBK, you have a serious love-affair with The Fast and the Furious. You might want to get that checked!
    Dude between that movie, Torque and Biker Boyz, they have some of the best and cheesiest lines ever. A couple of my friends and I are always quoting Fast and Furious. I can entertain myself for hours just referencing those crappy movies.

Regardless of the fact that I really do dislike Fast and Furious, it has a soft spot for me because it's basically Point Break with Cars. Point Break is an epic movie, so the fact that Fast and Furious ripped it off just makes it that much better and crappier. If you don't believe me, watch Point Break and then Fast and Furious right after, you'll see the correlation between the two films. None of them beat Torque though, that movie is hands down one of the crappiest movies ever.

P.S.
    Not long after Paul Walker had passed, I saw a bumper sticker on some girls car that was riced out that read:

#rememberthebuster

I about died laughing(not that Paul Walker had died but because the sticker referenced a line in the movie).
    Last edited by The Black Knight; Sun Aug 24th, 2014 at 06:30 PM.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

Gold Member

Dude between that movie, Torque and Biker Boyz, they have some of the best and cheesiest lines ever. A couple of my friends and I are always quoting Fast and Furious. I can entertain myself for hours just referencing those crappy movies.

Regardless of the fact that I really do dislike Fast and Furious, it has a soft spot for me because it's basically Point Break with Cars. Point Break is an epic movie, so the fact that Fast and Furious ripped it off just makes it that much better and crappier. If you don't believe me, watch Point Break and then Fast and Furious right after, you'll see the correlation between the two films. None of them beat Torque though, that movie is hands down one of the crappiest movies ever.

P.S.
    Not long after Paul Walker had passed, I saw a bumper sticker on some girls car that was riced out that read:

#rememberthebuster

I about died laughing(not that Paul Walker had died but because the sticker referenced a line in the movie).
    Because the buster brought me home! Blaahahahaha

Senior Member Moderator

P.S.

#rememberthebuster

lol, I have the same affliction. I just bought the 6-movie box-set! Yeah, I know the 7th is on the way, but when I want to sit down and watch a cheesy, 1-liner action movie, I want to have some options.

lol, I have the same affliction. I just bought the 6-movie box-set! Yeah, I know the 7th is on the way, but when I want to sit down and watch a cheesy, 1-liner action movie, I want to have some options.
    Fast and Furious, Torque, Point Break, Tombstone, Wyatt Earp, Open Range and Unforgiven are my all time favorite movies to reference. Oh yeah and Commando, only line I use from the movie is the line Bennett speaks. "you're soldiers make me laugh, if Matrix was here, he'd laugh too." I'm always saying that HAHAHA, if something makes me laugh, I'll say, "if Matrix was here, he'd laugh too."
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

Senior Member Moderator

Oh don't forget Gran Torino! "Get off my lawn!" and "Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have fucked with? That's me." Totally epic!

my roommates e36 ran a 12.3 today in full autoX/roadcourse trim, lol lookout!
    ~Scott #119

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by sag View Post
    my roommates e36 ran a 12.3 today in full autoX/roadcourse trim, lol lookout!
    That thing is clean!!!

Gold Member

Oh don't forget Gran Torino! "Get off my lawn!" and "Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have fucked with? That's me." Totally epic!
    300. THIS IS SPARTA!!!!!!!!!!