Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ralph seriously... What the F is up with this website?

I'm pumped... Let's let the healing begin! Lifetime Supporter ~Barn~'s Avatar

Ralph seriously... What the F is up with this website?

Both from my house and from my work. It's been like this for at least a month. Site won't load about 1/5 of the time I try to access. Or sometimes it'll load in some sort of shit "text only" mode (I'll screenshot that when I can remember). Also sometimes it loads and then submitting a post ends up choking on itself. I mean yes... 80% of the time it's good, but man...

Is anybody else seeing a lack of stability, or is this just me?

~Brandon~
    Aprilia RSV 1000 R Factory - "Gemma"
    MV Agusta F3 800 - "Amy Lou"
    Rattan Fat Bear Plus - "Lynda"
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

Re: Ralph seriously... What the F is up with this website?

I don't see the problems you are having Barn. It *might* be your provider as I see you are having timeouts on name resolution in your window. Try testing other sites like yahoo.com or google to see if they respond the same.

I'm getting the same thing from all three of my devices(Droid, Laptop and PC). The site seems to run best from my Droid. Laptop it stalls out and acts weird. It does the thing that you mentioned and brings up some weird text. The background goes all white and all the text is on the left hand side of the page. On my Gateway PC, it just won't load at times and gives me the page cannot be displayed correctly.

I am using Firefox on all three platforms.

Quote Originally Posted by j0ker View Post
    I don't see the problems you are having Barn. It *might* be your provider as I see you are having timeouts on name resolution in your window. Try testing other sites like yahoo.com or google to see if they respond the same.
    I'm with Barn on this. Also it only happens with this website. All other websites I frequent never give me this problem. The only other site I visit that seems to run slow at times is the Camaro5.com forum I'm on. Ebay, Comcast, Craigslist, MotoGP.com, Jemsite Forums, Crash.net sites all work great.
    Last edited by The Black Knight; Fri Aug 8th, 2014 at 09:37 PM.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

It's definitely only the CSC; as you can see in my CLI, the DNS resolved fine (hence the IP being the true ping destination). Also why I showed another website "up" side-by-side. The provider at my work isn't Xfinity (like at my house) and yeah, it happens there also. Here's a load screen I got just a few moments ago, in all its horrible splendor:

Last edited by ~Barn~; Fri Aug 8th, 2014 at 10:07 PM.
    ~Brandon~
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

since the last major crash it times out on me all the time i cant open more then one link and its a wrap
    No tickets YET this year *Knock on wood*

07 Audi S4 DTM
    06 CBR 1000rr

Quote Originally Posted by ~Barn~ View Post
    It's definitely only the CSC; as you can see in my CLI, the DNS resolved fine (hence the IP being the true ping destination). Also why I showed another website "up" side-by-side. The provider at my work isn't Xfinity (like at my house) and yeah, it happens there also. Here's a load screen I got just a few moments ago, in all it's horrible splendor:

At least you get some structure on your page Barn. For me when it does something similar it just loads all white background and then stacks everything on the left in "blue hyperlink" color.

Quote Originally Posted by AOK303 View Post
    since the last major crash it times out on me all the time i cant open more then one link and its a wrap
    Same here, unless I've visited a certain thread a lot it won't load very well. Sometimes it works great others not so much.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    At least you get some structure on your page Barn. For me when it does something similar it just loads all white background and then stacks everything on the left in "blue hyperlink" color. <Snip...>
    What you just described is actually the more common mis-load of the home page. The CSC has regrettably been dying a slow death for awhile now (and its members continue to resuscitate it - be proud of this) but with these site failures happening so badly now, its like an ironic insult to the injury. =\
    Last edited by ~Barn~; Fri Aug 8th, 2014 at 11:24 PM.
    ~Brandon~
    (720) 935-6438
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

~Brandon~
    (720) 935-6438
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

Weird I don't have any of those problems. I'm on comcast using chrome.

So I thought I was onto something there for a bit. Downloaded the current Chrome browser and the site actually did seem to perform better for a moment. Maybe it even still is, considering I'm posting this with Chrome. But yeah.... Page refreshes seemed stable, I was able to click "Edit" and easily get back into an old post without a timeout, but then this...

Death.
    ~Brandon~
    (720) 935-6438
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

Yeah, I can tell that the web server is still having problems [glacial page loads], but Chrome does seem to be a bit more resistant to the timeout threshold. I mean I guess this could be the start of a new appreciation for Google's browser, but I'd rather the site get sorted out if at all possible. And... well yeah. I'm not changing to Chrome.

Ralph, I know you're busy but you should take up one of the many offers to get some help with site operations. Get this train back on the tracks!
    ~Brandon~
    (720) 935-6438
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

Weird I don't have any of those problems. I'm on comcast using chrome.
    +1

I've been bitchin' about this for a while. A lot of my responses to people in other threads contain, "what the fuck is wrong with this site?!?!"

I experience all the above listed problems. I'm on Comcast and Firefox, but you can use IE and get the same results. People tell me the MRA site is the same way...
    Kim & Dean
    60th Anniversary R6 - '16 R1M

I am having a lot of the same, mostly timeouts. Comcast/ Firefox @ home and it is absolutely horrible on my android phone. Seems to be worst during the day and seems to work better after hours.

I reload often.

One of you IT goons should setup monitoring of this server from your personal lab at home, I know at least one of you has something going on like whatsupgold or some other nonsense. Lets get to the bottom of this. Are there any metrics from the server itself or the hosting company?

It comes and goes for me, I believe Ralph mentioned some ddos and rate limiting the last time.

I don't have any of these problems. I've had them before, but haven't had them in months.
    Have owned: '01 Volusia
    Currently own: '05 Z750S

One of you IT goons should setup monitoring of this server from your personal lab at home, I know at least one of you has something going on like whatsupgold or some other nonsense. Lets get to the bottom of this. Are there any metrics from the server itself or the hosting company?
    Ralph hosts it on a 486 DX2 over dialup...
    Thanks, Jim
    TFOG Wheelsports, LLC
    www.tfogracing.com
    303-216-2400

Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented immigrant" is like calling a drug dealer an "undocumented pharmacist"

Doh!
    John
    KTM Duke 690

Bump it!
    ~Brandon~
    (720) 935-6438
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

I say 1 out of 5 times when I come on here I get a "server not responding" page. I hit refresh and it usually comes up on first or second try. Another issue I find is I reply to a post and hit submit and shows I am logged out...odd as I was posting moments before....doesn't happen that often though.
    Bulldog's Motto: F*ck around and I'm going to bite you!!!

A little quirky from here as well. It does seem to be better lately but it happened to me this morning.
    Tom
    '07 ZX-6R
    '12 1199 Panigale S

Huge Member Site Admin Mother Goose's Avatar

I usually go to the "new posts" button, then open up a few tabs of the ones I want to check out. If I do too many at once, it flips out on me. Same thing with the MRA forum.
    Chadwick
    MRA #825

"You live more for five minutes going fast on a bike like that, than other people do in all of their life." - Marco Simoncelli

The website is ungodly slow on my cell phone. It will sometimes just not load a page at all, so I have to click the "X" and then refresh numerous times for pages to load. It's just not that good on my cell phone. Thats my complaint
    2005 Suzuki SV650s Blue (SOLD), 2005 Kawasaki Ninja 636 Lime Green