Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DAMN!! Tony Stewart kills fellow driver, striking them on track with his race car.

Re: DAMN!! Tony Stewart kills fellow driver, striking them on track with his race ca

I would agree. They commented on the lighting in the SC piece "hs baseball and football venues are better lit"... but if it was sufficient, then the argument is a distraction. But lets be clear, with Tony's money, they have to review all angles. Now and again during the trial.
    The closest thing to immortality on this earth is a Federal government program - RR

Gold Member

Re: DAMN!! Tony Stewart kills fellow driver, striking them on track with his race ca

Oh you want me in on this?? Fine. Fuck ward. Dumb shit charged a race car and got hit. Got himself killed. If anything Stuart just taught the best lesson to everyone else out there. Go running into traffic and you will probably get killed.

Bottom line he wanted to play billy bad ass and didn't think. Got himself hit by a car and died. Fuck em. Hope every kid in america watches this and learns a lesson. Sometimes its better to just sit things out and think for a moment.

Quote Originally Posted by #1Townie View Post
    Oh you want me in on this?? Fine. Fuck ward. Dumb shit charged a race car and got hit. Got himself killed. If anything Stuart just taught the best lesson to everyone else out there. Go running into traffic and you will probably get killed.

Bottom line he wanted to play billy bad ass and didn't think. Got himself hit by a car and died. Fuck em. Hope every kid in america watches this and learns a lesson. Sometimes its better to just sit things out and think for a moment.
    The more I think about this and the more I watch the video I do have to say Townie has a point! So many on this site talk about how we all can’t go around letting our emotions get the best of us and it is best to walk away (how many people have told me this when I bring up fighting). Yet this guy that got killed did choose to do what he did and paid for it but he clearly could have stayed in his seat and calmed down. I watched the video numerous times and one thing that I catch is how far down this guy went into the track; literally went all the way down and even went further down as that first car went by; with freaking open tire racers (way easier to be pulled in). What was he going to accomplish…big bad ass throwing his helmet…sounds like something a elementary kid would do during a hissy fit (no disrespect to the guy, just saying that is how it appeared to me; coming from a guy who has had to learn to chill his temper every day because I learned it only makes things worse). Sheesh at least if he was that angry wait for him to come into the pits and fight him man to man….at least both would still be alive….running onto a race track just seems common sense to me that you may get hit.

I am not saying the guy was totally at fault, but he definitely deserves some of the blame too.

Just saying there is a point to this! I think Townie just ain’t afraid to post what he feels or what others are thinking and afraid to post
    Last edited by bulldog; Mon Aug 11th, 2014 at 02:22 PM.
    Bulldog's Motto: F*ck around and I'm going to bite you!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
    ...Just saying there is a point to this! I think Townie just ain’t afraid to post what he feels or what others are thinking and afraid to post
    I don't know, Nate. What Tony did is very similar to pointing a gun in someones direction, to scare them, and pulling the trigger. Oops! I hit the guy and now he's dead!

Tony gassed it and got too close. They both fucked up, big time!! Tony should be charged. Too many witnesses are saying he gassed it. Tony should have never "pulled the trigger" trying to scare the guy.

I tell this to people all the time. Be careful who you are fucking with. That person might do something stupid, and be sorry, but it's too late for you. Tony reacted, now he's sorry, but too late for Ward!

Why do so many drivers get out of their cars? Isn't it a rule to not leave the car? People need to be suspended, at least, when they exit the car. Maybe people will stop doing it!!
    Last edited by Kim-n-Dean; Mon Aug 11th, 2014 at 02:26 PM.
    Kim & Dean
    60th Anniversary R6 - '16 R1M

Quote Originally Posted by Kim-n-Dean View Post
    I don't know, Nate. What Tony did is very similar to pointing a gun in someones direction, to scare them, and pulling the trigger. Oops! I hit the guy and now he's dead!

Tony gassed it and got too close. They both fucked up, big time!! Tony should be charged. Too many witnesses are saying he gassed it. Tony should have never "pulled the trigger" trying to scare the guy.

I tell this to people all the time. Be careful who you are fucking with. That person might do something stupid, and be sorry, but it's too late for you. Tony reacted, now he's sorry, but too late for Ward!

Why do so many drivers get out of their cars? Isn't it a rule to not leave the car? People need to be suspended, at least, when they exit the car. Maybe people will stop doing it!!
    I agree, Tony is to blame too, but then I do see how this guy would be alive if he would not have got so upset and.learned to just let it go.....which I took was Townie's point.

Plus was it really that bad what Stewart did in the race to cause him to crash? Is that not part of racing? Maybe I I am not seeing it, but seems like the both had a line and Stewart's was just more narrow and caused the guy to crash, so is that really a reason to go all crazy and chase the guy down on the track? Imagine if in basketball every foul was treated the same way!

But yeah I always tell people the same thing; careful who you mess with because you never know; lots of crazy people out there and not worth it. That just goes back though to learning to keep a temper in check. Believe me I'd love to go around fighting people when they piss me off; did it for a lot of my life, but it never solved much for me that more drama....actually got me stabbed!

All I know is I would never run across a live track

I am not clear on the "gassing" and what really happened though....was purely saying from what I saw in video.
    Last edited by bulldog; Mon Aug 11th, 2014 at 02:39 PM.
    Bulldog's Motto: F*ck around and I'm going to bite you!!!

No one knows why anyone did what they did or even what they were trying to do. The first car to pass the kid clearly didnt see him walking down track and there is a possibility that Tony was just racing around the track as normal (hell, he might not have even known that he ran the kid into the wall), came around the corner and then BAM!

If thats the case, Tony didnt do anything wrong.
    Mo-Door.com - Contact me for CSC pricing

Mo-Door on: Twitter Facebook

I've watched the video several times, and he didn't even gas it until he was next to guy. To me it appears that he was almost past him, or at least mid car when he hit the gas. Maybe to get away? Not that it mattered, but it didn't look like he gassed it before him causing any kind of slide.

Can't really say that hasn't been already stated. The guy was an idiot for getting out of his car when there was no need. Now if his car was on fire I can totally understand it. But he was just pissed and a moron that picked the wrong way of dealing with it.
    Erich-
    2004 SV650S - 8K miles - SOLD
    2003 SV1000S - 15K miles - My new love!

Quote Originally Posted by #1Townie View Post
    Oh you want me in on this??
    No was just commenting on you going out of your way to make a statement of saying nothing. Just seemed silly.

I don't disagree with you. He decided to screw with the bull and got the horns. Doesn't mean the bull isn't going to get his, but the kid certainly made steps 1 and 2 which ended up leading to his own death.
    The closest thing to immortality on this earth is a Federal government program - RR

Quote Originally Posted by Rabbie303 View Post
    I've watched the video several times, and he didn't even gas it until he was next to guy. To me it appears that he was almost past him, or at least mid car when he hit the gas.
    You have to take into consideration the time it takes the sound to get across the track and to the video camera. It doesn't take much of a distance to have an audio to video delay. The camera/mic is pretty far away, being on the other side of the track. If that is Tony's car you hear gas it, it's right when he hits the guy, therefore, because of sound delay, Tony hit the gas before he got to the guy.

I think the eye-witnesses are correct. Tony punched it to scare the guy and things got way too close, way too quick. The first car almost hit Ward as well, but Tony did it on purpose. You can even see Ward jump back to avoid Tony. It's too bad the video doesn't stay framed as Tony enters the scene.
    Last edited by Kim-n-Dean; Mon Aug 11th, 2014 at 03:49 PM.
    Kim & Dean
    60th Anniversary R6 - '16 R1M

Quote Originally Posted by Kim-n-Dean View Post
    You have to take into consideration the time delay it takes the sound to get across the track and to the video camera. It doesn't take much of a distance to have an audio to video gap. The camera/mic is pretty far away, being on the other side of the track. If that is Tony's car you hear gas it, it's right when he hits the guy, therefore, because of sound delay, Tony hit the gas before he got to the guy.

I think the eye-witnesses are correct. Tony punched it to scare the guy and things got way too close, way too quick. The first car almost hit Ward as well, but Tony did it on purpose. You can even see Ward jump back to avoid Tony. It's too bad the video doesn't stay framed as Tony enters the scene.
    Very good point. I didn't take into account of the delay. That would put him gassing it right before the guy. Sad and stupid all around from both sides.
    Erich-
    2004 SV650S - 8K miles - SOLD
    2003 SV1000S - 15K miles - My new love!

See I think the fact that the guy jumped back tells a lot. He obviously got out of the car to bump his gums at Tony. Then realized Tony was coming right at him is what made him react backwards. Maybe something told him Tony wasn't going to hit him or he would have jumped back further. Maybe Tony expected the kid to move more. Either way it's a bad look for both Tony and the deceased.

Both are at fault. However, the kid should have never left his car. He should have taken whatever static he had with Tony and settled it in the pits.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Obvious View Post
    No was just commenting on you going out of your way to make a statement of saying nothing. Just seemed silly.

I don't disagree with you. He decided to screw with the bull and got the horns. Doesn't mean the bull isn't going to get his, but the kid certainly made steps 1 and 2 which ended up leading to his own death.
    You mean out of my way by clicking a few buttons? Only took a few seconds. Hardly out of the way.

Gold Member

And yes Mr bulldog I'm saying if ward had stayed in his car and thought about his actions he would still be alive.

In this world we are never held accountable for our actions. Ever. A shooter shoots up a shopping mall. Its the gun. A kid hurts himself.. Its bullying.

Hell its okay for a kid to get wasted and kill a couple of people and he gets to go to Aome fancy resort for rich people as a punishment. Why? Too rich to know better.

Also I'm sure a level of self-defense could be used in Stuarts defense. Let's face it ward wasn't walking down that berm to talk about what a great race they had. He wanted a fight. Stuart was strapped in with a racing harness and unable to properly defend himself.

We can look at this a million and one ways. End of the day ward jumped out of his car and was running around on a rave track not thinking and got hit by a car. He died. His bad.