Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone ever attended a Cars and Coffee event?

Re: Anyone ever attended a Cars and Coffee event?

Quote Originally Posted by UHATEIT View Post
    Being from CA I do agree that it is a daily occurance. I could not stand living there, it is such a superficial state, it's all about what you drive or how much you make and what house you have and how much money you can spend. It is ridiculous.

I am still in awe when I see a nice car here in Denver, it is a more rare occurance. I do the same for a nice bike regardless of how old it is. Gramps you have some sweet bikes in your signature too!
    Thanks!
    Tom
    '07 ZX-6R
    '12 1199 Panigale S

Been to c-n-c in Irvine. It was cool to see so much in one place. Not a usual occurrence in CO.

Favorite pic from that visit:

I will say that seeing 20+ Audi R8s parked in a row someone diminishes the unique factor.

Also been to one in Great Falls, VA - Loudan County is consistently listed as one of the richest counties in the country, so exotics are common place. It was the older cars that caught my attention like this:

mmmm Panterray goodness

The closest thing I saw in CO like c-n-c is the Friday night meetup at the Sonic on Hampden & Tower. Lots of old muscle and tuners... not a lot of exotic.
    Do not put off living the life you dream of. Next year may never come. If we are always waiting for something to change...
    Retirement, the kids to leave home, the weather or the economy, that's not living. That's waiting!
    Waiting will only leaves us with unrealized dreams and empty wishes.

Tom
    '07 ZX-6R
    '12 1199 Panigale S

This Sat. down in Parker. I'll keep an eye on the weather. I know some other people were interested so here is the Monday Bump
    Tom
    '07 ZX-6R
    '12 1199 Panigale S

Vehicle Vault announced that they've finally made progress on their parking lot and it can now hold a couple hundred cars. Hopefully the weather will cooperate and it will be a good turnout. Here's the link to their FB page for the C&C: https://www.facebook.com/events/1476096872643410/
    Asphalt - Worlds' fastest tattoo remover

Quote Originally Posted by UHATEIT View Post
    Occasionally I will see a lambo here and there. I have seen that black Veyron 3 times before on the 25. Just nothing that fancy out here where I live. I used to be into cars but am more into bikes now, a lot of speed for a lot less $!
    I've seen that Veyron on 93 too, and it was going fast! It's one thing to see an expensive car, it's another to see it driven like it was meant to be. I hated driving on PCH and a guy in a Porsche just comes creeping on, holding up traffic.

I think a lot of the exotic cars you see here are rentals? I know there's Mile High Drives and Oxotic, maybe amongst others? I bet if I get accustomed to their fleet I'll notice that the majority of the nice cars you see here are the same ones. I caught up to an orange gallardo on 36 on my R6 and got excited but then it exited on broadway. Sure enough, there's Oxotic there and they rent an orange gallardo.

Need to get my TSX boosted so then I will feel like I should be going to these events. There's so many car events around Denver I want to go to

Present: 2006 GSXR 750 (black/yellow), 2006 Yamaha R6r (blue)
    Sold: 2011 Ninja 250 (green/black), 2007 R6s (blue)

I will be over there early for a little while to see how it goes.
    Tom
    '07 ZX-6R
    '12 1199 Panigale S

I'm going today as well, but probably won't be there until around 10:30. Gonna let it warm up a little first.
    Asphalt - Worlds' fastest tattoo remover

The C&C in Lafayette (first Saturdays?) is great. Highly recommended even if it's a bit of a haul from Denver. I saw every type of car there, antique, classic muscle, both stock and racers, imports new and old, etc. I'm definitely taking my Bee up there October 3 if it's happening still. I don't know how big the Park Meadows one gets, but the ManCave/VehicleVault meets are huge.

I've heard about that black Veyron down South. The owner of Platinum 84 club in Thornton has a black Huracan. One of only two factory black ones in Colorado, BADASS! Bad phone picture at night. Front wheel gap is because it's parked on a steep angle, can't tell from the photo. I'll have to find out if he ever brings it in the daytime to get a good photo:

'08 Yamaha R1 (black), mostly stock. Past bikes: '98 VFR-800 (red), '01 CBR-929RR (white/red), '05 Yamaha R6 (white), '08 Yamaha R1 (blue).
    '94 Supra Turbo 6spd. (black), BUILT motor/head, CompTurbo CT43-xx, '69 Dodge Coronet SuperBee tribute, 440/520 SixPack stroker, auto.

Usually split time between rides. Sometimes I take the Tuono, others, the Opel...

Charleston's C&C... Lots of American muscle, Italians and oddballs... Entirely too many subies.

Do not put off living the life you dream of. Next year may never come. If we are always waiting for something to change...
    Retirement, the kids to leave home, the weather or the economy, that's not living. That's waiting!
    Waiting will only leaves us with unrealized dreams and empty wishes.