Thread: Watched a crash (No video)

Watched a crash (No video)

I had my GoPro on me, but my charger went out and I've yet to replace it, and I wanted to save the battery for the city where people try to murder me.

Coming back from the Cripple Creek Harley rally I got "stuck" behind a group of 3 Harley riders. They were holding a decent pace, but I was waiting for an opportunity to continue a slightly more aggressive pace. Well they got into a tighter section and the female rider in front of me slowed down a bit. Around a left hand sweeper there was a shiny HD parked sideways just off the highway mid corner. When she saw it there it surprised her, and she instinctually grabbed some brake and target fixated on it. She stood her bike up, ran off the corner, and low-sided into the parked bike. Her bike flipped over and landed on top of the now parked on it's side Harley. The rider rolled off to the left a few times, sliding 5-10ft. She was wearing a leather vest and helmet. She had some road rash on her arm, but was otherwise fine, just in a lot of pain.

She he was well within a comfortable speed, just freaked out and target fixated. She looked inexperienced. I'm glad she was wearing a helmet, I hope she gets out of the hospital soon.

Not that I did much, there wasn't much I could do, but it probably felt good for her to have someone right there with her immediately after, getting help on the way. When we "wave" at each other, that's the meaning behind it, helping each other comes first. Unfortunately I didn't have any cell service, from now on I think I'm going to carry my radio with me on all rides. It gets service everywhere.

Chocolate Thunder

Re: Watched a crash (No video)

I agree Aaron, that is what the wave means no matter what type of bike. After we left you we seen a guy pushing his R1 up a hill, he ran out of gas. So we went to the gas station got a gas can and put it in shopping bags and balanced it on Pats wrist and went back to him. It is all about helping out and thats what you did when you stopped to help this lady.

Re: Watched a crash (No video)

Kudos for checking on her man, glad it wasn't worse than what it was. Wishing the rider a speedy recovery
    www.mo-door.com
    https://64degreeracing.com/

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR (Always say I'm done riding but the results state that I lied... )