Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spoiler Brno

When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable:09 Thruxton \ 09 FZ6S2
    Sold List:97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 02 VFR800, 08 Spyder RS, 12 Street TripleR, 09 KLX250S, 16 KTMRC390, 10 F650GS
    my Facebook, SpeedShots
    Quote Originally Posted by salsashark View Post
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...

Re: Spoiler Brno

www.mo-door.com
    https://64degreeracing.com/

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR (Always say I'm done riding but the results state that I lied... )

rubbin's racin'.
    Sold List:97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 02 VFR800, 08 Spyder RS, 12 Street TripleR, 09 KLX250S, 16 KTMRC390, 10 F650GS
    my Facebook, SpeedShots
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...

I think they traded parts along with paint on that one lol
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR (Always say I'm done riding but the results state that I lied... )

I'm reminded of a certain pass by Rossi on Stoner, then a few years later Marquez on Rossi on the corkscrew at Laguna Seca... Everyone cheered for 46, but then scolded 93 for doing the same exact thing... Had the roles been reversed, people would be calling for his head on a pike.

Don't get me wrong, it was intense and amazing to watch these competitors work together to push Marquez back, and then keep him back. And, there's absolutely no reason to allow him to run away with every race. But, it was a bit sketchy...

Silverstone's going to be VERY interesting to see if 93 can come back, or did the chink in the armor get exposed for all to see... and take advantage of.
    Do not put off living the life you dream of. Next year may never come. If we are always waiting for something to change...
    Retirement, the kids to leave home, the weather or the economy, that's not living. That's waiting!
    Waiting will only leaves us with unrealized dreams and empty wishes.

Even with that on going they seemed okay with it and just kept on about their race. Part of racing really, imo I don't think there was anything sketchy about it but just me
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

I wouldn't call it sketchy either. You can see even the Ducati guys were determined to put Marquez through the paces. I've watched the race twice now and from what I saw between Marquez and Iannone was a couple of harmless bumps. Marquez bumped Iannone, Iannone then returned the favor. Neither went down or forced off the track. Rubbin' is racing and I think it was time for Marquez to experience some of it. I do get a kick out of imaging the thought of all the riders getting together to conspire against Marquez and form a strategy to keep him from the front. Whatever happened it worked well in everyone's favor other than Marquez.

I, agree with you Salsa. There is no reason any of the riders should let Marquez get up front and run away with it. There really is no reason this 10 Race Win streak should have gotten the traction it did. The other top 3 should have put a stop to this back around race 4 or 5. Just took it this long to finally light the fire under someone's ass to make it happen. In reality they all had a fire lit under them, as they all three beat Marquez today. And by a decent margin of victory. I'm sure this will inspire loads of confidence within Pedrosa, Lorenzo and Rossi(who should reap serious benefits of confidence knowing that he chased down and passed, then managed to gap by 4 seconds towards the end).

All in all, I'm glad this race happened. Was getting old and boring knowing 93 was going to bag another race win. Hopefully this continues for the rest of the season. No more 93 wins and the other three trade wins to make things more interesting. We all know Marquez has the title in the bag. He just has to manage it at this point. So here's to the other three taking wins for the rest of the season.
    Last edited by The Black Knight; Sun Aug 17th, 2014 at 04:04 PM. Reason: paragraphs??
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

Good points... I guess "sketchy" wasn't the proper term to use.

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    We all know Marquez has the title in the bag. He just has to manage it at this point. So here's to the other three taking wins for the rest of the season.
    I think that's exactly what we saw today. He saw the record go bye bye, so kicked it into cruise control.
    Do not put off living the life you dream of. Next year may never come. If we are always waiting for something to change...
    Retirement, the kids to leave home, the weather or the economy, that's not living. That's waiting!

And apparently the CSC won't allow me to do paragraphs. My posts never look that. Makes my eyes hurt reading it. I put line breaks in and made new paragraphs. Guess not today lol!!
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

The pace that Pedrosa, Lorenzo and Rossi carried today were great, hell even Dovi and Iannone, this shows that they can step up. Just wish it would've been earlier
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

Gold Member

Odd.. Let's me do it.

See?

Damn interwebs.

Quote Originally Posted by #1Townie View Post
    Odd.. Let's me do it.

See?

Damn interwebs.
    yeah let me do it now. Just edited my first post. Weird, I will say this when I did make that post I got the CSC timeout thing it does right after that post. So it wouldn't let me go back in and edit it.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

I have nothing to say, except thanks for observing a proper way to post race results on the same day as the race!
    The GECCO

You begin your riding career with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before you empty the bag of luck.

Quote Originally Posted by The GECCO View Post
    I have nothing to say, except thanks for observing a proper way to post race results on the same day as the race!
    akk.. didn't realize you had to have a MotoGP subscription to watch.

Ah well.. how about a pic from Brno instead.
    my Facebook, SpeedShots

aka - The Devil Lifetime Supporter
    Site Admin

Quote Originally Posted by The GECCO View Post
    I too say BRAVO! Spoiler in the title and everything. Thanks Jeff!

Regardless of the rubbing that went on, we have all seen 93 start from 5 or more spots back, and then fight to the front and win it by several seconds. Something was holding Marcquez back. He didn't have the fight in him like all the other races. Even Rossi got past him and he didn't seem to fight back very much. For a bit, but then just blah.

Something was up for sure, and not just everyone getting together to block him. Hmmmmm
    Erich-
    2004 SV650S - 8K miles - SOLD
    2003 SV1000S - 15K miles - My new love!

Site Admin

Quote Originally Posted by Rabbie303 View Post
    Regardless of the rubbing that went on, we have all seen 93 start from 5 or more spots back, and then fight to the front and win it by several seconds. Something was holding Marcquez back. He didn't have the fight in him like all the other races. Even Rossi got past him and he didn't seem to fight back very much. For a bit, but then just blah.

Something was up for sure, and not just everyone getting together to block him. Hmmmmm
    His after race quotes indicate that they missed the bike set-up by some amount. I believe that he played a very smart race, stayed in it for the championship points. At this point it's the season that matters, not the specific event. I'm sure that he is strongly incentivized to win races and even more so to win the championship. Pushing too hard on a bad set-up could lead to a crash and an injury, which is about the only thing that can keep him from winning the championship this year.

Even if they ran out of engines and he had to start from the pit lane at the last race he would still have a significant points buffer. He could completely miss the next three races and still hold the championship lead. That's astonishing considering there are only 7 rounds left in the season.

It's clear that some of the other teams and riders have found additional pace in the second half of the season. The finishes are getting closer and there is competition for MM93 later in the race.

It's racing, and anything can happen, but I don't see anyone in a position to seriously challenge Marc for the championship win this year.

Quote Originally Posted by rybo View Post
    His after race quotes indicate that they missed the bike set-up by some amount. I believe that he played a very smart race, stayed in it for the championship points. At this point it's the season that matters, not the specific event. I'm sure that he is strongly incentivized to win races and even more so to win the championship. Pushing too hard on a bad set-up could lead to a crash and an injury, which is about the only thing that can keep him from winning the championship this year.

Even if they ran out of engines and he had to start from the pit lane at the last race he would still have a significant points buffer. He could completely miss the next three races and still hold the championship lead. That's astonishing considering there are only 7 rounds left in the season.

It's clear that some of the other teams and riders have found additional pace in the second half of the season. The finishes are getting closer and there is competition for MM93 later in the race.

It's racing, and anything can happen, but I don't see anyone in a position to seriously challenge Marc for the championship win this year.

I didn't get to watch the post interview previously (I did after your comment) and it makes sense. Missing a setup could drastically change the race.

All other points you stated I agree with. It was nice to see someone take the flag, but I would have liked to see a good battle with MM for it, not because of a missed setup. Oh well, Let's see what Silvestone has in store for everyone.
    Erich-
    2004 SV650S - 8K miles - SOLD
    2003 SV1000S - 15K miles - My new love!

In a way it's taken a weight off my shoulders, as now people won't be asking me if I can win every race anymore.

MM his first non-podium MotoGP finish:

http://www.motorcyclistonline.com/ne...-motogp-finish

Next week's gonna be interesting.

Here's a pic from MM93 this weekend:

Site Admin

MM93 under the lap record while testing the 2015 bike today.

The thick plottens!

Just a bad race that's all, I'm sure at Silverstone he'll probably rip everyone again
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

Quote Originally Posted by rush4theyeho View Post
    Here's a pic from MM93 this weekend:

He saved the shit out of that one...
    Mo-Door.com - Contact me for CSC pricing

Mo-Door on: Twitter Facebook

The pictures are a bit out of order. He didnt save it. He low-sided. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKHTwpTx61k