Thread: Spoiler Brno

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    aka - The Devil Lifetime Supporter
    Site Admin

Re: Spoiler Brno

Quote Originally Posted by Rabbie303 View Post
    Regardless of the rubbing that went on, we have all seen 93 start from 5 or more spots back, and then fight to the front and win it by several seconds. Something was holding Marcquez back. He didn't have the fight in him like all the other races. Even Rossi got past him and he didn't seem to fight back very much. For a bit, but then just blah.

Something was up for sure, and not just everyone getting together to block him. Hmmmmm
    His after race quotes indicate that they missed the bike set-up by some amount. I believe that he played a very smart race, stayed in it for the championship points. At this point it's the season that matters, not the specific event. I'm sure that he is strongly incentivized to win races and even more so to win the championship. Pushing too hard on a bad set-up could lead to a crash and an injury, which is about the only thing that can keep him from winning the championship this year.

Even if they ran out of engines and he had to start from the pit lane at the last race he would still have a significant points buffer. He could completely miss the next three races and still hold the championship lead. That's astonishing considering there are only 7 rounds left in the season.

It's clear that some of the other teams and riders have found additional pace in the second half of the season. The finishes are getting closer and there is competition for MM93 later in the race.

It's racing, and anything can happen, but I don't see anyone in a position to seriously challenge Marc for the championship win this year.

Re: Spoiler Brno

Quote Originally Posted by rybo View Post
    His after race quotes indicate that they missed the bike set-up by some amount. I believe that he played a very smart race, stayed in it for the championship points. At this point it's the season that matters, not the specific event. I'm sure that he is strongly incentivized to win races and even more so to win the championship. Pushing too hard on a bad set-up could lead to a crash and an injury, which is about the only thing that can keep him from winning the championship this year.

Even if they ran out of engines and he had to start from the pit lane at the last race he would still have a significant points buffer. He could completely miss the next three races and still hold the championship lead. That's astonishing considering there are only 7 rounds left in the season.

It's clear that some of the other teams and riders have found additional pace in the second half of the season. The finishes are getting closer and there is competition for MM93 later in the race.

It's racing, and anything can happen, but I don't see anyone in a position to seriously challenge Marc for the championship win this year.

I didn't get to watch the post interview previously (I did after your comment) and it makes sense. Missing a setup could drastically change the race.

All other points you stated I agree with. It was nice to see someone take the flag, but I would have liked to see a good battle with MM for it, not because of a missed setup. Oh well, Let's see what Silvestone has in store for everyone.
    Erich-
    2004 SV650S - 8K miles - SOLD
    2003 SV1000S - 15K miles - My new love!