Thread: Off road riding

Board Newbie

Off road riding

Hey guys new to the area and looking for tips to do some off road/dirt bike riding. Would like to ride some mountian trails just not sure where to go and not trespass etc.

Thanks

Gold Member

Re: Off road riding

Utah.. Lol.

No really there is some good riding in co but you will have to travel. I'm trying to plan a trip to grand junction next year for ridge they have out there.

Check out staythetrail.org. They have a bunch of maps, GPS tracks, etc to get you going. I grabbed the Motor Vehicle Use Maps (MVUM's) that the forest service puts out and use those with PDF Maps on my phone since that's the official guide of where you can be and where you can't be.

Rampart Range, 717, and Four Mile are all OHV riding areas relatively close to Denver for more traditional dirt biking. If you want more ADV, above tree line stuff, I like a lot of the trails up between keystone and breck, Webster Pass\Radical Hill\Red Cone are a few sweet ones to check out. You need a CO OHV sticker if you're not plated, but it's really easy to do here and it helps a lot to be plated if you want to get into more of the ADV type stuff. Traildamage.com is good too for jeep roads up in the high country. Also, it's very taboo to go off trail above tree line as that environment is very fragile and it's always a fight to gain access for motos. Enjoy

Also, if you want to ride up high, consider a trials tire. It's pretty much all rock up there and they are the shit in rocks (though you do compromise aggressive cornering in actual dirt)

Board Newbie

Thanks for the tips