Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: rotten egg smell

Re: rotten egg smell

FIXED! I took the VR I just bought and the new battery to have them tested. My brand new battery shows positive charge but actually had half the cranking amps it was supposed to have. Replaced the new battery with another new battery and boom, the VStar is rumbling again.

Thanks to those of you that helped me with my cruiser questions. Your assistance was very much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by j0ker View Post
    FIXED! I took the VR I just bought and the new battery to have them tested. My brand new battery shows positive charge but actually had half the cranking amps it was supposed to have. Replaced the new battery with another new battery and boom, the VStar is rumbling again.

Thanks to those of you that helped me with my cruiser questions. Your assistance was very much appreciated.
    Im slightly curious, with the new (bad) battery did you fill it up with the acid yourself?
    Voltage and current are def important like EZZY said, you will likely always have 110V coming out of an outlet but the current draw changes with the demand, lower current = low load, higher = larger load. The battery will read full voltage but if it cannot produce the current draw it wont actually move anything and yea your SOL

Quote Originally Posted by Grim2.0 View Post
    Im slightly curious, with the new (bad) battery did you fill it up with the acid yourself?
    Voltage and current are def important like EZZY said, you will likely always have 110V coming out of an outlet but the current draw changes with the demand, lower current = low load, higher = larger load. The battery will read full voltage but if it cannot produce the current draw it wont actually move anything and yea your SOL
    I bought it from Rocky Mt. Kawasaki already filled.