Thread: PMP Sunday 8/24/2014

PMP Sunday 8/24/2014

Anyone going? Last I looked it's bike only open lapping. I'll be heading down for the morning session.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

Re: PMP Sunday 8/24/2014

Too hot for this cracker.

It's going to be in the 80's. That's no where near hot. That's just about right for a track day.
    Last edited by The Black Knight; Sun Aug 24th, 2014 at 05:53 PM. Reason: Android typo
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

Ya that actually isn't too bad. Ah well too late now.

So what's the deal here. No one likes going to Pueblo Motorsports Park anymore?? I had the entire track to myself this morning. Knocked out five sessions and had a blast. Honestly, I'm kinda enjoying having the track to myself, never mind everyone you can stay home
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

You are very fortunate to have the track all to urself soul brotha

Quote Originally Posted by mdub View Post
    You are very fortunate to have the track all to urself soul brotha
    Dude it's been that way for every track day I've done this year. My first one back in June was a Car/Bike Open Lapping day, with me and my friend and no other bikes. Had a Porsche GT3 show up for the Car sessions. Second track day in July, was myself and two KTM's that only did two sessions to my five. They rode around then hung out for a long time. So I basically had the whole track to myself. This time, I was the only guy out there. I remember when PMP had track days and there would be a 100 bikes there running around. It's kind of surreal being the only one on track. Honestly, it's very peaceful just me, the bike and the track. Gives me time to work on my body position, lines through corners, braking, getting a good drive out of corners.

I also managed to shave another two seconds off my time and was able to produce a long string of consistent laps all within a few tenths of each other. So I'm slowly but surely working my way down in time. Finally got my tires to start showing some serious marbles on them this time out. However, I think I finished off this set. Two track days worth(about 80+ laps) and riding back and forth to work has burnt this set up. So I'll be changing this set out soon before I go back in September.
    Last edited by The Black Knight; Sun Aug 24th, 2014 at 05:54 PM. Reason: another typo
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

Lucky you! Last time I was there I had about 10 other bikes to contend with. I love PMP, jut be careful in turn 11 (Last turn right?), hold a good line in 7, and it's a great track IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    Lucky you! Last time I was there I had about 10 other bikes to contend with. I love PMP, jut be careful in turn 11 (Last turn right?), hold a good line in 7, and it's a great track IMO.
    T10 is the final turn.... Turns 6A and 6B are one. Making it a 10 turn circuit.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

Gotcha, then 10 can be ugly because of the drag lanes, and 7 because of the patches, but other than that I Marc Marquez the shit out of that track.

Gotcha, then 10 can be ugly because of the drag lanes, and 7 because of the patches, but other than that I Marc Marquez the shit out of that track.
    LOL I'm sure you do...
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

Don't give me that sarcasm shit. I was turning like 2:00 laps. That's better than almost all of Marquez's.

Don't give me that sarcasm shit. I was turning like 2:00 laps. That's better than almost all of Marquez's.

It's all good mang, we all know Marquez don't want any of that BMW.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

I bet Iononi would take it in a heartbeat though. Dovi too!

I bet Iononi would take it in a heartbeat though. Dovi too!
    I'm sure they'd be happy with anything other than the pile they are currently riding.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

Senior Member Moderator

Hell if I got paid the money they do to ride a Vespa in MotoGP, I'd still be happy!

I'm healed up and ready to give it a go but I'm broke. Have fun! Next year it's on

Quote Originally Posted by One-ops View Post
    I'm healed up and ready to give it a go but I'm broke. Have fun! Next year it's on
    WTF!! man!! Hahaha all good dude.

Was hoping to run into you at a track day. Then again with how it's been would be nice to see anybody down at Pueblo. I'm planning on at least one and maybe two more track days before the weather turns cold.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"