Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Blood Letting w/ ~Barn~

I'm pumped... Let's let the healing begin! Lifetime Supporter ~Barn~'s Avatar
    I'm going for a ride. Last minute invite to anybody who wants to join.

Meeting spot is 717 Yosemite St. in Denver.

~Brandon~
    Aprilia RSV 1000 R Factory - "Gemma"
    MV Agusta F3 800 - "Amy Lou"
    Rattan Fat Bear Plus - "Lynda"
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

Got anoth'run scheduled. Call and make an appointment if you wanna roll with.

Day: Saturday January 7th
    Time: 14:00

This time it's going to be at the Westminster location, at:
    960 West 124th Ave
    Westminster, CO 80234

If you want more info, click:
    http://www.bonfils.org/bonfils.php?s...ll=westminster
    ~Brandon~
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

Re: Blood Letting w/ ~Barn~

Last time there was a meeting, and they said there'd be punch and pie, there was only la resistance.
    Joe
    MRA #59

I promise there will be none of that this time.
    ~Brandon~
    (720) 935-6438
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

Hey, I'll probably be working that day, and I work on 92nd and sheridan so i'm down, should I call and let them know I'm coming or just show with you?
    It's a celebration bitches!!! - RIP 502

Motos:
    2003 SV1000N - Dual Yosh RS3 CF Exhaust ••••• 09' Aprilia SR50 (Wife's) ••••• 93' ZX-11 - Sold after 43k Miles
    Cars:
    08' Audi S5 6MT •••• 10' VW TDI Cup Edition 6MT •••• 02' VW TDI Beetle 5MT •••• 07' Ford Explorer

I've been told in the past that you can just show, but I'd call 'em and at least let'em know.
    ~Brandon~
    (720) 935-6438
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

This is still on for this coming Saturday.

:bloody bumpity:
    ~Brandon~
    (720) 935-6438
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

Okay.... So Bonfils called me today and somehow they managed to schedule me, before I'm actually eligible for a donation. I have to wait X number of days between donations, and this got missed somehow.

Anyway... I've rescheduled for Saturday the 21st of January at 14:00. Not like I'm expecting a huge turnout, but hey.... you never know.

Incidentally, if you were planning on going on the 7th (Stuart), please do still go. Or at the very least, reschedule. Please don't "not go", because of my appointment change.

That is all.
    -Brandon-
    ~Brandon~
    (720) 935-6438
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

Okay... See you all there in an hour!

Oh wait.... No I won't.
    ~Brandon~
    (720) 935-6438
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

Due to overwhelming response and my general desire to eat free snack food and make sure I still haven't contracted anything, Blood Letting w/ ~Barn~ is back for another go-round!

If you haven't tried it yet, I highly suggest it! They basically take your blood and give it to somebody else who could use it. Sweet, huh?

I'm all hooked up for a week from Saturday, on *APRIL 8th!* My appointment is at 12:20, and I'm gonna be riding there. (the Westminster location)

So anyway... if you enjoy soft Mother's cookies, Cheez-It's, or juice boxes, this will be the place to be! Call them and get yo shit booked!

See the top post on this page for the Westy Bonfils info.
    ~Brandon~
    (720) 935-6438
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

Good post and good idea, Barn. Giving blood is a great community service.

The last 3 times I've tried, I've been rejected. The last time I was rejected because one of my cats had scratched me within the past 6 weeks. (Dang cats! It's a good thing they're so cute.)

For the guys: A little known fact is that some men have a tendency to accumulate too much iron in their bodies. Over a period of years, this can cause organ damage. Giving a pint of blood every now and then is one way for men to lower their serum iron count.

Lee
    2005 Suzuki GSX-R1000 (K5)
    2006 Suzuki GSX-R1000 (K6) (Wife's bike -> The "Mini-Gixxer")
    2005 Yamaha FJR-1300

If you're riding without a helmet, then you must know that you have nothing to protect.

You cant do it if you've had a recent tat...can you?

They ask you, but I don't know how much time has to pass, since it was done. I'm kinda thinking 1 year, but I don't know for sure.
    ~Brandon~
    (720) 935-6438
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

I can't stupid rule about tattoo's and piercings

I can be there. I'm a regular donor. Missed last time at Performance. Can we do it in memory of Gene?

Doh... 1 week off, I can't bleed for Bonfil's until 8/5

But I like Flip's idea of "Blood Letting For Bazyl"
    Do not put off living the life you dream of. Next year may never come. If we are always waiting for something to change...
    Retirement, the kids to leave home, the weather or the economy, that's not living. That's waiting!
    Waiting will only leaves us with unrealized dreams and empty wishes.

Quote Originally Posted by Flip
    I can be there. I'm a regular donor. Missed last time at Performance. Can we do it in memory of Gene?
    In memory of Gene... In honor of whoever it's going to help... Whatever you'd like, Flip. That'd be great to see you there.

Sorry we beat you by a week Salsa, how about after you get yours done and wait your 60some-odd days, you pick. I'll be thurr.
    ~Brandon~
    (720) 935-6438
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

I am an automated doner with Bonfils. The process takes about 80 minutes and it is ready for surgical patients immediately.
    Haya Henry
    "its boxy, its fast..."

iba#14410 -- 1kss, bbg, 50cc, 2kss, 3kss and b2b_insanity completed -- it has been 4 years.
    UPDATE bbg_insanity will run somewhere btwn APR-JUN 09

Don't book your flights just yet folks.... I'm thinking I may have to put this off for a week. Maybe you can join us afterall, Salsa!
    ~Brandon~
    (720) 935-6438
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

Okay, so I did have to reschedule, but it just put me out 1 week.

So!.. Here are the new specs.
    Saturday August 5th, 2006
    The Westminster Bonfils (location info at the top of this page)
    1:20 PM

If you're reading this I hope you can make it! Just give them a call, and schedule your appointment.
    ~Brandon~
    (720) 935-6438
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

So I got a +1

Anybody else?... Plenty of time to sign up. We can go have lunch afterwards, and show people our gauze!
    ~Brandon~
    (720) 935-6438
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

Bump it!

This Saturday... Yeah-yeah-yeah...
    ~Brandon~
    (720) 935-6438
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

This Saturday.
    October 7th.
    Westminster Bonfils.
    09:00

As usual I will expect none of you, hence the 48 hours notice.
    ~Brandon~
    (720) 935-6438
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

So is anybody down for this Saturday, or next weekend (the 13th)?

I have the day off on the 15th also, but a teeth cleaning at 11:00, so I'll have to work around that. Anyone?
    Bueller?.. Bueller?..

(Not you, David)
    (Unless you want to.)
    ~Brandon~
    (720) 935-6438
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson