Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Blood Letting w/ ~Barn~

Re: Blood Letting w/ ~Barn~

Can't make this one. But it's a good reminder that I should find out when the next one is in my area. I haven't given since we lost Randy (budwsr).

I'm pumped... Let's let the healing begin! Lifetime Supporter ~Barn~'s Avatar

Just to prove that it actually went down! =)

Be on the lookout for the next one, sometime in early/mid December!
    ~Brandon~
    Aprilia RSV 1000 R Factory - "Gemma"
    MV Agusta F3 800 - "Amy Lou"
    Rattan Fat Bear Plus - "Lynda"
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

Do not put off living the life you dream of. Next year may never come. If we are always waiting for something to change...
    Retirement, the kids to leave home, the weather or the economy, that's not living. That's waiting!
    Waiting will only leaves us with unrealized dreams and empty wishes.

Sorry for the short notice, but the next one is on the map!

Tanya and I tried to do a walk-in this past weekend, but they were fully booked so they couldn't fit us in. She and I are now setup for the Highlands Ranch Bonfils this coming Saturday (1/8/2011) at 12:20 and 12:30.

If you think you'd like to join us, give the appointment line a call and let them know you're wanting to donate around that time, and you'll be meeting us, blah-blah-blah.... I imagine they may have some openings, since it's only Tuesday.
    ~Brandon~
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

doh... dance card's full for this saturday... next time though.
    Do not put off living the life you dream of. Next year may never come. If we are always waiting for something to change...
    Retirement, the kids to leave home, the weather or the economy, that's not living. That's waiting!

Quote Originally Posted by salsashark View Post
    doh... dance card's full for this saturday... next time though.
    Same with me

Senior Member Lifetime Supporter
    Site Admin

I wish I could give blood as I'm the kind they always need, but alas I have had two tattoos in the last year and can not for another year. Thanks for doing this though!
    "With every broken bone, I swear I lived."

Quote Originally Posted by bornwildnfree View Post
    I wish I could give blood as I'm the kind they always need, but alas I have had two tattoos in the last year and can not for another year. Thanks for doing this though!
    +1 Kind of stupid rule since I have never been to a tattoo shop that doesn't pull a sterile needle right out of the packaging.....
    Bulldog's Motto: F*ck around and I'm going to bite you!!!

Maybe worth giving them a call. I think they may have eased up on tatoo restrictions somewhat here lately.

Actually nevermind that... I'll ask them when I head in and post up!
    ~Brandon~
    (720) 935-6438
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

So I got my next one on the calendar for 4/30/11. Come join me if you can!

I'm assuming now that I'll be riding there, so if there's any interest in a post-donation ride to go have lunch somewhere [coughcoughTheAmeristar] , I'm down for that too. =)

Time: 11:00AM [call Bonfils to schedule around then]
    Date: Saturday, April 30th 2011
    ~Brandon~
    (720) 935-6438
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

Wish I could donate. Have to wait till they think I am all clean from those Iraq bugs.

Nobody, eh? Boooo.

Anybody at least want to catch a ride somewhere afterwards?
    ~Brandon~
    (720) 935-6438
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

Welp, I'm due for a donation again, so here is my open invite. I just got done reading the donation page for D. Camp's daughter, and it made me remember just how neat it is, to see people come together to help out others that they maybe never met, or ever would meet. It also made helped me to not slack on this!

If you down to join me, just let me know what time of day works best for you, and I'll try and make it work!
    ~Brandon~
    (720) 935-6438
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

And it probably goes without saying, but I'm down to go catch a ride and breakfast and/or lunch afterwards. Or a ride to Black Hawk. You know; Whatev'.
    ~Brandon~
    (720) 935-6438
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

Local jerk Yearly Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by ~Barn~ View Post
    And it probably goes without saying, but I'm down to go catch a ride and breakfast and/or lunch afterwards. Or a ride to Black Hawk. You know; Whatev'.
    What day are you planning? i havent donated in too long i need to!!!

I'm in too. They've been calling me lately but I've been too busy it seems. Tell me what day (weekend preferably) and I'll see if I can work it in.

I should be back by 7-30/31... If you're going then, I'm in

Member Yearly Supporter DolphinRider's Avatar

We would be there if its around the First or Second of August, we are due also..... Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DolphinBikerGirl View Post
    We would be there if its around the First or Second of August, we are due also..... Thanks
    We??? Your dolphin too

Member Yearly Supporter DolphinRider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
    We??? Your dolphin too

hahaha,,, no, DemonRider,,,,, Ramon,,,, aka: significant other

Quote Originally Posted by DolphinBikerGirl View Post
    hahaha,,, no, DemonRider,,,,, Ramon,,,, aka: significant other
    Darn I was hoping you had a dolphin; they are fun to ride

P.S. I am out for blood; got tattoed in last few months...stupid rule!

I might be down depending on the day, I have finally broken the "been back from Iraq for more than 12 months" window so I can donate again.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Barn~ View Post
    Welp, I'm due for a donation again, so here is my open invite. I just got done reading the donation page for D. Camp's daughter, and it made me remember just how neat it is, to see people come together to help out others that they maybe never met, or ever would meet. It also made helped me to not slack on this!

If you down to join me, just let me know what time of day works best for you, and I'll try and make it work!
    To jump on ~Barn~'s bandwagon...if any of you Northies want to donate, but don't want to brave Denver Metro traffic, there's a perfectly serviceable Bonfils location on 28th (near Valmont) in Boulder.

I'll be there doing plasma/platelet donation 3-5 on Thursday, July 28...if you see a Honda 919 in the parking lot, say howdy.

I know I haven't dusted this thread off in awhile, since my last few donations have been here at the office (they do periodic blood drives).... But I thought I'd give this a quick bump, to let you all know that we're having one a week from today on 6/29/12.

My office is one block South of the intersection of I-225 and Tamarac/DTC Blvd, and the building is called Stanford Place 1. So if it's something you're interested in, definitely sign up and let me know!

To make your appointment, you can call Bonfils at 303-363-2300 or register online at https://donors.bonfils.org/ using site code A293. It's promo season, so all donors will get a free T-Shirt out of it, and of course the usual snacks and bevies. My appointment is at 14:40, if you want to schedule near then.
    ~Brandon~
    (720) 935-6438
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson