Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678

Thread: Blood Letting w/ ~Barn~

Re: Blood Letting w/ ~Barn~

Just gave last week... The "skilled" phlebotonist stabbed me three times before he hit the vein A week later and the bruise is almost gone...

I'll be up for another on in August.
    Do not put off living the life you dream of. Next year may never come. If we are always waiting for something to change...
    Retirement, the kids to leave home, the weather or the economy, that's not living. That's waiting!
    Waiting will only leaves us with unrealized dreams and empty wishes.

I'm pumped... Let's let the healing begin! Lifetime Supporter ~Barn~'s Avatar

Howdy folks. I'm due for another donation to Bonfils, and as usual I'm putting out this open invite to see who all from the CSC community would like to join me.

Depsite all of the recent political tension, this is a non-partisan event as I'm happy to contribute and bleed alongside Liberals and Conservatives alike for the greater good. I'm proud to say that this charitable effort of mine is now on the verge of 8 years running, and many many people have come out with me to donate.

Please post up if you're interested and we'll come up with a date and time to hopefully accommodate us all!
    ~Brandon~
    Aprilia RSV 1000 R Factory - "Gemma"
    MV Agusta F3 800 - "Amy Lou"
    Rattan Fat Bear Plus - "Lynda"
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

Im diabetic or else I'd donate mayne

Diabetics can still donate blood as long as the other medical requirements are met.

If you've used bovine-derived insulin, that may result in deferral, but if not you're in the clear! Again... assuming that all of the other medical requirements are met.
    ~Brandon~
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

Im clean in all other medical areas, I was told a few years ago I tried to donate and they told me bo cant do cause of my type 1.

Well let me know if you ever want to come-with. The worst they can tell you is no, based on your answers to the questionnaire. They still will even let you have the give-away swag just for trying, even if you're deferred.
    ~Brandon~
    (720) 935-6438
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

this is one thing i cannot ever do. I can barely keep concious when they draw a cpl tubes from me.......