Thread: How lucky for Ducati! :lol:

I'm pumped... Let's let the healing begin! Lifetime Supporter ~Barn~'s Avatar

How lucky for Ducati! :lol:

Da web site...

Sete Gibernau joins the Ducati Marlboro Team
    News, 06/11/05

The Ducati Marlboro Team has reached agreement with Sete Gibernau to contest the 2006 MotoGP World Championship. The Spanish rider will join Loris Capirossi, who renewed his contract with the squad before September's Japanese GP.

Gibernau is optimistic about his future, trusting in the Ducati/Bridgestone partnership that has already given great joy to Ducati fans with some amazing results, including Capirossi's fantastic victories at the recent Japanese and Malaysian GPs.

`After achieving some great results and much satisfaction during the last few years, and after a season at the highest level but with some difficulties, I decided to make a change in my career´, said Gibernau.

`First of all I want to thank the people who helped me achieve so many good results. But now it's time to find some new motivation. The professionalism and enthusiasm I've found at Ducati are what made me decide to join forces with the factory. I face this new challenge with real determination, convinced that together we can achieve great success. In recent years Ducati has shown that it has big ambitions and huge potential. I trust that, with my experience, I can make a real contribution to turn our shared dreams into reality´.

`I'm delighted to welcome Sete´, said Federico Minoli, president of Ducati Motor Holding. `We think Sete is one of the strongest guys in MotoGP. He's a talented, gritty and courageous rider. Sete has had a difficult season this year but he has shown throughout that he never gives up, in the best Ducati spirit. For this reason we're very proud to have him in our 2006 line-up alongside Loris. They are both very strong riders and we'll do everything we can to give them what they need to obtain the best possible results´.

Gibernau replaces Carlos Checa, who completed his time with the Ducati Marlboro Team in today's Valencia GP.

`It's always difficult to welcome someone while saying goodbye to someone else,´ continued Minoli. `I want to sincerely thank Carlos for the commitment and professionalism he's shown us. For sure he's a great rider and also a nice guy; working with him has been a great pleasure´.
    ~Brandon~
    Aprilia RSV 1000 R Factory - "Gemma"
    MV Agusta F3 800 - "Amy Lou"
    Rattan Fat Bear Plus - "Lynda"
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

Gibernau decided to make a change in his career?? Wonder what prompted this decision, oh yeah the fact that Telefonica Movistar are not going to be around next year might have had some bearing.

Either way you look at it. Ducati is screwed. Loris is a great racer and one who actually manages to finish races (Gibernau managed to not finish todays race in Valencia HAHA!).

I'm not saying Sete is a bad racer. I like him alot more then Biaggi and Melandri. Though he can't seem to manage to finish a race. Obviously having the "amazing" Rossi owning him all season long didn't help either.

I remember reading a magazine earlier this summer in which Gibernau stated in a response to a question asked. "I'll always continue to do what I do when I go out there, and that's continue to lead races and laps."

Well I hope Ducati is happy with someone that will lead the race, too bad they are not getting someone who can win one, let alone finish one....

Chalk another one up for Vale in 2006!!
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight
    <snip...>Chalk another one up for Vale in 2006!!
    Rossi will be in the hunt for sure, but I don't think it's going to be quite the runaway that this season was. Definitely not a "chalk another one up" situation, like you think it'll be.

The progress that Nicky and Marco have made this season, combined with the fact that Honda does still kinda make the daddy bike in this class, means serious problems for anybody who thinks they're gonna walkaway with a championship.
    ~Brandon~
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

You do realize your talking about Valentino Rossi right? HAHAHA

If Rossi has the same great bike again and same great teamwork. It will all be about like this season.

You have to look at it over the whole season. As soon as Rossi clinched his title(again) he started to slow down and take it kind of easy. You can tell in his riding. Its not that everyone else has gotten that good its just that Rossi decided to let other win.

He started the grid today in 15th and managed to come within 3 seconds of Hayden and Melandri. Still mananges to get a podium. Can't remember the last time I saw Hayden, Melandri or anyone else with a crappy start do that. Don't get me wrong I think Hayden is great!! and in Rossi's departure I think Hayden will be my next one that I'll root for.

Rossi is too dominant. You can tell by how he rides. He's a champion that will settle for nothing less then first place in order to get his championship...

Then again I'm pro-Rossi!!
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight";p="244419
    You do realize your talking about Valentino Rossi right? HAHAHA
    <snip...> It will all be about like this season. <snip.>
    In that case, just tell me how much money you want to put on Vale winning next seasons championship by 147 points? I'll even give you -7, and cover down to 140+.

~Brandon~
    (720) 935-6438
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

I never gamble with anything but my life HAHA!!

I definetely think it will be a closer season for the rest of the teams next year. I still think Vale is the choice to win. Though with his focus on Ferrari and F1 racing he may get preoccupied with it and not concentrate on MotoGP.. Nah what am I saying he has to make sure Sete doesn't win a race again. HAHA!!
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

Re: How lucky for Ducati! :lol:

Sete sucks, he's such a crybaby! Ducati couldn't have made a worse decision.

Tanya
    '00 Ducati Monster 900
    '03 Ducati Monster 620 (sold)
    '00 Mercedes Benz C280 Sport
    '91 VW Jetta GLi 2.0 16v on it's nutz (sold)

Anonymous: "Ok...so I had sex with Grimace..."

aka - The Devil Lifetime Supporter
    Site Admin

Re: How lucky for Ducati! :lol:

Next year is going to be a very interesting season for Moto GP. One thing that is going to make it interesting is that a major rule change is already scheduled for 2007, which means the manufacturers have very little incentive to make major changes to the current bikes. Really the manufacturers have a lot of incentive to essentially use the same machines they did this year, especially Honda, Ducati and Yamaha who all have wins in the class this year.

Kawaskaki and Suzuki have incentive to make better bikes in an attempt to carry additional momentum through the transition year and into 2007.

I don't think Rossi has invested the energy in the last couple of races that he did in the earlier part of the season, except when Sete is in the lead.

I'm not a big Sete fan and I'm a huge Ducati fan so I'm conflicted and will continue to root for Capirossi. The momentum he was able to generate in the last part of the season was really amazing and I think he would have been a contender with Melandri and Hayden had he not crashed in practice.

Anyways, another season comes to a close and the battle for second was really pretty exciting. I'm glad to see some other faces on the podium at the end of the season and am looking forward to the rule change as I think it opens the door for some of the other factorys to develop high quality bikes and be a factor in the competiton.

Scott