Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: 14 Sept @930 am. (Sunday)

I'm pumped... Let's let the healing begin! Lifetime Supporter ~Barn~'s Avatar

Re: 14 Sept @930 am. (Sunday)

Good lord.... over 12 thousand views of this thread since inception back on the 30th?? Is that legit?
    ~Brandon~
    Aprilia RSV 1000 R Factory - "Gemma"
    MV Agusta F3 800 - "Amy Lou"
    Rattan Fat Bear Plus - "Lynda"
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

I'm digging all the blue jeans. I still prefer shorts though, they look more cooler.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    I'm digging all the blue jeans. I still prefer shorts though, they look more cooler.

I'm digging when you post on other forums. Maybe tell somebody who hasn't heard yet, about how fast you and your BMW are.
    Last edited by ~Barn~; Mon Sep 15th, 2014 at 12:49 PM. Reason: Added in Aaron's quote
    ~Brandon~
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

That F4 looked sexy as fuck. Fuck you! Mack. And here I thought my white ninja was cool.

Board Newbie Yearly Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by UHATEIT View Post
    The issue was that we had passed a lady in a silver BMW before we even got into the park on the gap from Granby up to the park entrance. Which we have the right to do on a dashed yellow. Eventually when we got to the park entrance we were all paying in line and the silver BMW catches up but pulled into the lane on the right and was yelling about us to one of the ticket rangers saying we passed her dangerously and acting like hooligans and riding too fast needing to slow down and pointing at all of us yelling and that she demanded ranger come down and arrest or ticket us all. I couldn't hear the whole thing because the bikes were on and I had earplugs in but Christian Cowboy was close to her and heard the whole rant. The ticket girl then ran inside and called one of the rangers to drive down. We had already entered the park and made it in maybe 5 minutes and this ranger in an SUV comes flying down the road passing us all and using his finger pointing downwards as if to tell us to slow down. Yet when he was doing this we were all in a line stuck behind a silver ford going the speed limit of 45. We weren't speeding or doing anything wrong at the time just cruising behind traffic. He passed us and flipped a u-turn and then turned his lights on behind Sydney and Jesse. Barn and a few others were further back at the time and the cop turned right in the middle of the two lane road blocking them but Barn eventually went around the cop with the other riders back there. I was at the back of the larger group and saw the cop turn his lights on way back there. If the cop says he ever clocked anyone at a speed over the limit he was full of shit. We were all stuck in traffic when he showed up. Its probably all from what that lady complained about as we entered the park for something we did BEFORE we even got inside. Stupid bitch just didn't like that we all passed her.
    Exactly! That's why I'm fighting that shit. I've got a meeting with a lawyer to figure out what my options are. Here's hoping to make that ticket disappear. POOF!

Great ride and it was nice to put a few faces with avatars!
    Here's to looking forward to the next one...

Quote Originally Posted by JAY_EX300 View Post
    Exactly! That's why I'm fighting that shit. I've got a meeting with a lawyer to figure out what my options are. Here's hoping to make that ticket disappear. POOF!
    So were there points tied to it or not? If not, lawyer will probably cost you more than it's worth. Would be better to just pay it and add one more reason to the list of why you never trust The Man.

Good luck, whatever you two choose. There were lots of moments on that ride, where I was performing... lets say.... "contrary to the book". So I feel very fortunate that it wasn't my unlucky day. That said, if the National Park ticket has no threat of points being assessed to your CO drivers license, it may just be best to send them a check and be done with it. Call it "Fun Tax".

If you do decide to "fight it" though, through whatever legal system they offer, I think you'll have a case and can win, but then again... how much is your time worth? The ticket in and of itself though, is horse shit. I don't know how two people who were at the back of a pack of riders, somehow become the ones who get punished for speeding, about 45 SECONDS after having just been stopped at the gate to pay your entry fee. Lacks logic on a lot of different levels.

Maybe you can write them a formal letter of "disagreement" and tell them you refuse to pay unless they offer you an opportunity to speak in front of a judge. They might just forgive you the whole deal on principle, but just ban you from the park for 12 months or something. When in doubt, get creative.
    Last edited by ~Barn~; Tue Sep 16th, 2014 at 03:38 PM.
    ~Brandon~
    (720) 935-6438
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

I fought a bullshit ticket when I lived in California, had a full on essay written up and a diagram and they wiped it away for me. I first had to pay the fine tho and then submitted my justification, they replied back with a wipe away and a refund check to me and no points.

I do agree that this ticket was unwarranted, if we were doing anything wrong inside of the pay it would have been warranted but nothing was done wrong. That ranger had no right to ticket you for something we did outside of the park. YES we may have passed at a high rate of speed, but we have the right to do so on a dashed line when it is clear. No one passes at the speed limit, of course you have to speed up to get past the car ahead of you.

I think the lady who complained was probably just a dirty hag who wasn't getting enough love at home. She didn't look all that to me anyways. She was just pissed that we passed her and she didn't like it.
    2005 Suzuki SV650s Blue (SOLD), 2005 Kawasaki Ninja 636 Lime Green

Great ride Sunday, nice to meet all those that were able to go.

It was great to get the Fjr out. Nice ride everyone. Berthoud pass was a blast.