Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 14 Sept @930 am. (Sunday)

Re: 14 Sept @930 am. (Sunday)

Quote Originally Posted by DriverDave View Post
    That's $10 per person...$20 for 2-up, not that there's ever anyone riding 2-up lately ;-)
    Last one I saw to do so was Masso (no idea how to spell his name). He rides faster with his lady on his bike than I do in general...

Present: 2006 GSXR 750 (black/yellow), 2006 Yamaha R6r (blue)
    Sold: 2011 Ninja 250 (green/black), 2007 R6s (blue)

Heading out now. Looks like it's going to be a good day.

Quote Originally Posted by Nguyen View Post
    Heading out now. Looks like it's going to be a fantastic day.
    fixed
    --Dave
    2013 Honda VFR 1200F
    2014 Honda VFR800-SOLD
    2007 Honda VFR800-SOLD

2004 Kawasaki KLX300R

It was a great ride! My F4 and I had a blast.

Thanks Dave for leading the pack. Great ride.
    When I die I want to go to Heaven, just don't want to do it real soon!!!

Excellent ride today minus the crash and the pull over. But weather was gorgeous and thus was a great day to ride.
    2005 Suzuki SV650s Blue (SOLD), 2005 Kawasaki Ninja 636 Lime Green

I'm pumped... Let's let the healing begin! Lifetime Supporter ~Barn~'s Avatar

That was a fun ride. Sorry about the bad experiences but shit happens and I'm pretty certain everybody rode home with a smile. Nice meeting all you newies!
    ~Brandon~
    Aprilia RSV 1000 R Factory - "Gemma"
    MV Agusta F3 800 - "Amy Lou"
    Rattan Fat Bear Plus - "Lynda"
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

Good riding with you all. Scenery wise, it was the best I've seen so far, especially at RMNP riding along those cliffs with huge drop offs. Definitely worth the 10 bucks.
    Nobody got hurt and no bike was harm in the process. That's all that matter.
    Last edited by Nguyen; Sun Sep 14th, 2014 at 07:36 PM.

268.7 today, according to my tripo'. With the miles from my ride up to Fort Fun yesterday, I'm at 442 for the weekend. Can't say I do that very often.

Although you didn't make it Kerry, thanks for organizing this!
    ~Brandon~
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

Barn, maybe you can't do that very often because your bikes are made in Italy...

3O3 929 7292

Board Newbie Yearly Supporter

Yep, pretty good ride say for those two exceptions. Any crash you can get up from and continue the ride is a good crash, for a lack of better terms. The frame sliders saved my bike, and the leathers saved my skin. The speeding ticket was just icing on the cake. I'm still glad I went though. Had a good time and I'm always up for meeting more CSC'rs!

That video damn near pushed root beer out of my nostrils.
    ~Brandon~
    (720) 935-6438
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

Quote Originally Posted by JAY_EX300 View Post
    Yep, pretty good ride say for those two exceptions. Any crash you can get up from and continue the ride is a good crash, for a lack of better terms. The frame sliders saved my bike, and the leathers saved my skin. The speeding ticket was just icing on the cake. I'm still glad I went though. Had a good time and I'm always up for meeting more CSC'rs!
    Wait, you got a ticket? What the fuck for? I thought you two just got a warning. We weren't speeding at any point along there, and certainly no where the ranger would have got you with radar.

Board Newbie Yearly Supporter

The dude was a dick! Mine was for 11 over and Sid's was for 10 over I think. They must have some new technology where radar is able to pass directly through 13 other people to capture two people at the same time doing the speed limit. Glad to see my tax dollars are being used effectively. I'm going to fight it though since it's complete bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by JAY_EX300 View Post
    The dude was a dick! Mine was for 11 over and Sid's was for 10 over I think. They must have some new technology where radar is able to pass directly through 13 other people to capture two people at the same time doing the speed limit. Glad to see my tax dollars are being used effectively. I'm going to fight it though since it's complete bullshit.
    Yea man, he made that up for sure, if anything we were below the speed limit when he came around that corner since we were stuck behind that slow silver Ford... Hope you both get out of those tickets.

Barn, where's the group photo?

On the bright side, since it was in a national park no points can be issued. I feel as though going to court would waste a good work day and inevitably cost me more than the $75 ticket. So I'm just going to take this BS hit and suck it up. F*ckers.
    2014 Panigale 899
    2014 DRZ400sm

Anyhow, it was an absolute blast riding with all of you guys! Gorgeous weather, sexy bikes, and good company...sounds like an awesome day to me!
    2014 Panigale 899
    2014 DRZ400sm

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl_Sydney View Post
    On the bright side, since it was in a national park no points can be issued. I feel as though going to court would waste a good work day and inevitably cost me more than the $75 ticket. So I'm just going to take this BS hit and suck it up. F*ckers.
    Seriously!? That sounds too good to be true. I'm sure they have some tickets that can effect your DL status. Maybe since it's a pretty minor ticket no points are issued. I would think if you're going fast enough they would have a trooper/police issue a ticket

Present: 2006 GSXR 750 (black/yellow), 2006 Yamaha R6r (blue)
    Sold: 2011 Ninja 250 (green/black), 2007 R6s (blue)

If anyone goes 25+ over, they still technically have the right to cuff you haha. SO in a sense, in a national park/federal grounds, you can see how fast your bike goes with no worries of points, but with risk of a hefty fine and jail time lol...
    2014 Panigale 899
    2014 DRZ400sm

The issue was that we had passed a lady in a silver BMW before we even got into the park on the gap from Granby up to the park entrance. Which we have the right to do on a dashed yellow. Eventually when we got to the park entrance we were all paying in line and the silver BMW catches up but pulled into the lane on the right and was yelling about us to one of the ticket rangers saying we passed her dangerously and acting like hooligans and riding too fast needing to slow down and pointing at all of us yelling and that she demanded ranger come down and arrest or ticket us all. I couldn't hear the whole thing because the bikes were on and I had earplugs in but Christian Cowboy was close to her and heard the whole rant. The ticket girl then ran inside and called one of the rangers to drive down. We had already entered the park and made it in maybe 5 minutes and this ranger in an SUV comes flying down the road passing us all and using his finger pointing downwards as if to tell us to slow down. Yet when he was doing this we were all in a line stuck behind a silver ford going the speed limit of 45. We weren't speeding or doing anything wrong at the time just cruising behind traffic. He passed us and flipped a u-turn and then turned his lights on behind Sydney and Jesse. Barn and a few others were further back at the time and the cop turned right in the middle of the two lane road blocking them but Barn eventually went around the cop with the other riders back there. I was at the back of the larger group and saw the cop turn his lights on way back there. If the cop says he ever clocked anyone at a speed over the limit he was full of shit. We were all stuck in traffic when he showed up. Its probably all from what that lady complained about as we entered the park for something we did BEFORE we even got inside. Stupid bitch just didn't like that we all passed her.
    Last edited by UHATEIT; Mon Sep 15th, 2014 at 06:05 PM.
    2005 Suzuki SV650s Blue (SOLD), 2005 Kawasaki Ninja 636 Lime Green

Sounds like a good ride. Bailed out due to route. Rmnp on a nice Sunday . I'll pass every time...

Quote Originally Posted by mdub View Post
    Rmnp on a nice Sunday . I'll pass every time...
    +1

Here's one of pictures I have from the ride. Unfortunately it was taken while a couple of our compatriots were sorting out their issues with the Park Ranger, but still.... what an amazing day and destination. I feel bad for anybody who thinks they did themselves a favor by skipping this ride for whatever reasons. These are the kinds of miles we ride for.

~Brandon~
    (720) 935-6438
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

Here's us freezing our collective ass off in sub-80 degree weather, up in Granby.

Last edited by ~Barn~; Mon Sep 15th, 2014 at 12:17 PM.
    ~Brandon~
    (720) 935-6438
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson